Old 09-21-2007, 07:01 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Small Number" of iPod Touch Screens Faulty

Small Number" of iPod Touch Screens Faulty

Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:59PM EDT

See Comments (61)

Apple has admitted that a "small number" of the screens on its new iPod Touch have trouble displaying dark images. Now let's see if Cupertino takes the next step and replaces the glitchy Touches free of charge.
In his review of the Touch, Wall Street Journal tech guru Walt Mossberg notes that some "early" units of the Touch (although not his pair of review units, apparently) suffered from faulty screens; indeed, I could barely make out the dark scenes in "The Hunt for Red October" on my test Touch, and several other reviewers have pointed out the problem as well. Mossberg reports that Apple has admitted to the problems, adding that only a "small number of units" were affected and that the issue is "being remedied."

I'm glad to see that Apple has owned up to the Touch's bum screen (or at least, to the "small number" of Touches with faulty LCDs). Of course, I'd be even happier if Apple offered to replace the defective iPods for free. If you happen to be one of the unlucky few (that is, assuming the "small number" figure is correct), call Apple customer support, read the excerpt from the Mossberg review and demand a replacement; hopefully, they'll oblige.

Related:
Apple's iPod Touch Is a Beauty of a Player Short on Battery Life [Wall Street Journal]
Apple Admits To Faulty iPod Touch Screens, Fixing Problem Now [CrunchGear]
Attached Thumbnails
apple.jpg  
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
faulty, ipod, screens, small number, touch