Old 10-13-2007, 08:15 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Rapper T.I. arrested in Atlanta

Rapper T.I. arrested in Atlanta
Rapper T.I., whose real name is Clifford Joseph Harris, Jr., was arrested this afternoon in Atlanta. The ATF executed a search warrant at his home, and according to Atlanta's FOX 5 News, T.I., remains in custody.

The agencies at the scene of the federal search warrant include: The ATF, U.S. Marshalls: Fugitive Task Force, Fulton County SWAT, Fulton County PD, Dekalb County PD, and the ATF/Atlanta PD Violent Crime Impact Team.

The U.S. Attorney's office will neither confirm nor deny anything about the investigation.

T.I. currently has a number of projects, including a movie with Denzel Washington set for November release, and he was slated to perform at tonight's BET Hip-Hop Awards, scheduled to air October 17. The rapper has nine nominations, more than any other artist at the event.

TMZ contacted T.I.'s rep, who had no statement the time.

Story developing ...
Old 10-14-2007, 07:04 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Rapper T.I. arrested in Atlanta

Jailed T.I., West, Common win 2 awards

10/14/2007 6:43 AM, AP

Despite rapper T.I.'s absence, the show went on at the second-annual BET Hip-Hop Awards — even when he was scheduled to perform.

The self-proclaimed "King of the South," who was up for nine nominations, won two awards. But he couldn't accept any trophies or make the planned performance after being arrested by federal authorities early Saturday.

T.I. was taken into custody in a shopping center parking lot where federal officials said he planned to pick up machine guns and silencers he had his bodyguard buy for him.

Even though the Atlanta-based rapper was present at the Civic Center, where the event was held, he became noticeably absent from the red carpet festivities before the show.

The news of T.I. being arrested rippled throughout the event. Rapper KRS-One, who received BET's "I am Hip Hop" Icon Award, learned about the raid just before he showed up.

KRS-One, whose real name is Lawrence Parker, said the fellow rapper's legal woes should not reflect on the industry as a whole.

"I'm saddened anytime I hear of a hip-hopper being locked up or somehow stunted in his life or his growth," he told The Associated Press. "I hope he wasn't into nothing crazy."

Chicago rapper Common, who won the CD of the year award along with T.I., tried to lend his support.

"I salute my guy T.I., who also won, wherever he is," said Common, while raising up his trophy. He also won lyricist of the year.

Other artists who were supposed to perform with T.I. still pulled off the performance. As Wyclef Jean stood on stage to enact T.I.'s song, "You Know What It Is," host and comedian Katt Williams pranced across the stage dressed like T.I. trying to impersonate him as the crowd burst into laughter.

Alfamega still took the stage with Busta Rhymes for the song "Hurt." As the two rapped, many of the audience members stood seemingly puzzled at T.I.'s absence.

Kanye West was a winner in two categories — best live performance and hip-hop video. After West got his trophy for best hip-hop video, he said he thought the video for UGK's "International Players," featuring OutKast, should have been chosen over his.

"I didn't deserve this award above them. They do instead of me," said West, who is typically known more for comments that critics call arrogant.

But Big Boi of OutKast returned the favor to West by giving him the award back saying, "You worked too hard for this. No, you deserve it."

The Hip Hop Awards will air on Oct. 17.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
arrested, atlanta, rapper