Notices

ipod touch into iphone via wifi (via mogul?)

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 02-28-2008, 10:20 PM
sgtpepper52 sgtpepper52 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Htc mogul

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View sgtpepper52's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sgtpepper52's Photo Album Add sgtpepper52's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
ipod touch into iphone via wifi (via mogul?)

Upon reading the thread about turning the mogul into a wifi hot spot i begun to think about how it would be useful. since most computers that have wifi also have bluetooth and usb, i turned my thoughts to the ipod touch. having continuous internet on the touch (especially with sprints coverage and rev a) would be pretty cool, but not a huge deal. certainly it wouldnt make it an iphone because it still couldnt call. So then i began to think about about ways to call, such as skype (sp?) or internet calling. i researched it and i found
THIS

basically it uses VoIP and SIP (not gonna lie dont really know what they are exactly) to make calls over the internet, but im not sure it can recieve the. i guess if you have a mogul in your pocket you dont really need another phone, but hey, if anyone wants a sweet-ass iphony bad enough... the same site also sells mics and stuff.
Old 02-29-2008, 08:08 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: ipod touch into iphone via wifi (via mogul?)

“ Originally Posted by sgtpepper52 View Post

Upon reading the thread about turning the mogul into a wifi hot spot i begun to think about how it would be useful. since most computers that have wifi also have bluetooth and usb, i turned my thoughts to the ipod touch. having continuous internet on the touch (especially with sprints coverage and rev a) would be pretty cool, but not a huge deal. certainly it wouldnt make it an iphone because it still couldnt call. So then i began to think about about ways to call, such as skype (sp?) or internet calling. i researched it and i found
THIS

basically it uses VoIP and SIP (not gonna lie dont really know what they are exactly) to make calls over the internet, but im not sure it can recieve the. i guess if you have a mogul in your pocket you dont really need another phone, but hey, if anyone wants a sweet-ass iphony bad enough... the same site also sells mics and stuff.
huh that pretty interesting.... wil have to look into that further.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
iphone, ipod, mogul, touch, wifi