Old 03-26-2008, 08:33 PM
broSki broSki is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Windows mobile 6.1 coming to you april fools day

I dont know whether to believe it or not, and why drop on april fools day lol, but if it's released then sprint dropped the bomb... they leaving the other carriers behind in smoke,or dust....

Link here:
I hope its steadier and doesnt lag a bit when sending text...all opinions welcome

*update* more links added for more proof of release
http://arstechnica.com/journals/micr...y-drop-april-1
http://www.news.com/one-more-thing/8...902948-37.html
http://uk.i4u.com/article15777.html
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/0...-into-windows/
Old 03-26-2008, 09:25 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Windows mobile 6.1 coming to you april fools day

“ Originally Posted by brol1k View Post

I dont know whether to believe it or not, and why drop on april fools day lol, but if it's released then sprint dropped the bomb... they leaving the other carriers behind in smoke,or dust....

Link here:

I hope its steadier and doesnt lag a bit when sending text...all opinions welcome
i think that this is a fake report if you ask me because roms through htc always drop on a monday and the 1st is a tuesday.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

nice if it happens but doubt it.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:30 PM

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

i think that this is a fake report if you ask me because roms through htc always drop on a monday and the 1st is a tuesday.
True but isnt windows mobile developed by windows and not HTC??? so I guess it wouldnt be weird for the rom to come out on a tues....jus my opinion
Old 03-26-2008, 09:32 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

True but isnt windows mobile developed by windows and not HTC??? so I guess it wouldnt be weird for the rom to come out on a tues....jus my opinion
yeah but htc makes the roms and sprint adds the customizations like the music store... look at the release dates they are all mondys for every rom released with all phones.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:34 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

maybe they wanted to trick people into thinking that it wasnt going to be released on april fools....

Old 03-26-2008, 10:08 PM

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hmmm it is a valid point ms does release on first Tuesday of every month....Now as dash said in theory it is htc making the rom...but if windows makes it a automatic update..that is able to roll upgrade your os while leaving rom intact it is theoretically possible...Interesting perspective...
Old 03-26-2008, 11:42 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch & Sprint Mogul

View RobNyc's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View RobNyc's Photo Album Add RobNyc's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

By the way.. How will I know if HTC / Sprint releases a new rom for my phone and will they want their user to upgrade (is it safe) like by phone itself upgrades?

Or new ROMS is all for Smart Phone Junkies guys
Old 03-26-2008, 11:45 PM

“ Originally Posted by RobNyc View Post

By the way.. How will I know if HTC / Sprint releases a new rom for my phone and will they want their user to upgrade (is it safe) like by phone itself upgrades?

Or new ROMS is all for Smart Phone Junkies guys
what do you mean safe? all roms released here are safe and tested and reviewed, sprint has released 1 bad rom that was taken off within 12 hours but it should be straight since they have got better with this. and it will be posted here within minutes of drop since someone is bound to be on when it drops.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:11 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch & Sprint Mogul

View RobNyc's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View RobNyc's Photo Album Add RobNyc's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

what do you mean safe? all roms released here are safe and tested and reviewed, sprint has released 1 bad rom that was taken off within 12 hours but it should be straight since they have got better with this. and it will be posted here within minutes of drop since someone is bound to be on when it drops.
Just getting myself use to this thing.
Safe as in .. new roms are provided only outside of HTC/Sprint or all the current users of that phone get the ROM update ?
Old 03-27-2008, 12:18 AM

“ Originally Posted by RobNyc View Post

Just getting myself use to this thing.
Safe as in .. new roms are provided only outside of HTC/Sprint or all the current users of that phone get the ROM update ?
the official roms are the ones that sprint and htc release and than we have custom roms that the users make for the phone. but please keep the threads on topic and not crap them thanks.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:35 AM

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

hmmm it is a valid point ms does release on first Tuesday of every month....Now as dash said in theory it is htc making the rom...but if windows makes it a automatic update..that is able to roll upgrade your os while leaving rom intact it is theoretically possible...Interesting perspective...
Yess im getting better with this stuff, gimme sum props for making makin that point lol.... im just thinking about it now wm6.1 official release stable,texting doesnt lag. Then the mogul would definitely rule...wowwww lmao
Old 03-27-2008, 12:39 AM

Yess im getting better with this stuff, gimme sum props for making makin that point lol.... im just thinking about it now wm6.1 official release stable,texting doesnt lag. Then the mogul would definitely rule...wowwww lmao
and if it is official we might see the carousel feature and be the first with that on a ppc and be the first with rev a the mogul would own.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:47 AM

and if it is official we might see the carousel feature and be the first with that on a ppc and be the first with rev a the mogul would own.
Dude im getting hype now man...Wm6.1 with the carousel feature, rev a, and internal gps....its the super duper ppc lmaooo...wait what is the carousel feature????
Old 03-27-2008, 12:55 AM

Dude im getting hype now man...Wm6.1 with the carousel feature, rev a, and internal gps....its the super duper ppc lmaooo...wait what is the carousel feature????
lol you got to be kidding me lol heres a video ill post here to even though already posted lol.... http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...o-walkthrough/
Old 03-27-2008, 01:08 AM

lol you got to be kidding me lol heres a video ill post here to even though already posted lol.... http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2007/...o-walkthrough/
carousel is the ability to scroll up or down scroll up or down thingy on the today screen like that samsung phone that the keypad slides down???
Old 03-27-2008, 01:28 AM

carousel is the ability to scroll up or down scroll up or down thingy on the today screen like that samsung phone that the keypad slides down???
its like th evideo with the home screen and all..... almost like windows media center.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:36 AM

its like th evideo with the home screen and all..... almost like windows media center.
yea i see what youor talkin about????im ****ing anxious now bro lol
Old 03-27-2008, 01:50 AM

yea i see what youor talkin about????im ****ing anxious now bro lol
lol i doubt it will happen but it might im not gonna get my hopes up but it will be in the back of my mind. sincethere is no valid resource that i could find i doubt it.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:05 AM

lol i doubt it will happen but it might im not gonna get my hopes up but it will be in the back of my mind. sincethere is no valid resource that i could find i doubt it.
word
Old 03-27-2008, 11:51 AM

lol i don't even care if its official give me the carousel so i can start cooking it up....But boy it does seem the mogul is the baddest mo fo on the block....sorry touch owners...and DONT FLAME ME BACK>>>lol
Old 03-27-2008, 01:36 PM

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

lol i don't even care if its official give me the carousel so i can start cooking it up....But boy it does seem the mogul is the baddest mo fo on the block....sorry touch owners...and DONT FLAME ME BACK>>>lol
lol yea no flaming....we dont want any of those people like jethro messin shit up lol

UPDATED FIRST POST WITH MORE LINKS LOL IM BEHIND THIS LOL
Old 03-31-2008, 01:40 AM

well looks like tuesday is supposed to be the day cross them fingers people
:PDT_Armataz_01_40:
Old 03-31-2008, 03:57 AM

well looks like tuesday is supposed to be the day cross them fingers people
:PDT_Armataz_01_40:
for sure but havent heard too much bout it lately so im starting to think that it isnt going to happen
Old 04-01-2008, 09:15 AM

today is tuesday...lol wtf is it...I WANT IT NOW...lol
Old 04-01-2008, 10:54 AM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I heard patients is the Key my friend! But in any case, was the all abunch of smoke? Thats what it looks like comin outt my ass. J/k..... any more updates?

Old 04-01-2008, 01:20 PM

Hey guys Im reading stuff on microsoft now and im looking...im so excited that im confusing myself lol tell me what u guys come up with, but here are some links from microsoft.com::::
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/6-1/default.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...8/default.mspx
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...r/default.mspx

More links:
http://lifestyle.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=12533
http://pocketnow.com/index.php?a=por...eviews&id=1050

Well people it looks like microsoft released wm 6.1, BUT the downfall is that its now up to the carriers to release the updates for theyre pda's and smartphones, hurry it up sprint
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
april, coming, day, fools, mobile, windows