Question about hard drives...

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-11-2008, 03:53 PM
dansoftcore dansoftcore is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Mogul

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View dansoftcore's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dansoftcore's Photo Album Add dansoftcore's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Question about hard drives...

So for awhile I have been using my laptop since my hd on my desktop went out...

my laptop is much faster and nicer than my desktop so i well probably keep it that way... my only problem is small hd space....(120gb)

So i have decided to get an external hd and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good 250-500gb externals that can connect directly to a router for networking
Old 04-11-2008, 04:02 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Question about hard drives...

“ Originally Posted by dansoftcore View Post

So for awhile I have been using my laptop since my hd on my desktop went out...

my laptop is much faster and nicer than my desktop so i well probably keep it that way... my only problem is small hd space....(120gb)

So i have decided to get an external hd and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good 250-500gb externals that can connect directly to a router for networking
the only way that will work thru the router is, use your home pc as the base networking station then also make sure that the router is plug to that home pc. to give you wireless entry to that home pc.

And then connect the external hd via usb this is the tricky part if you dont know, once you have it connected go to in your computer start then computer there you will see another drive letter, right click and look for sharing and name it what ever you want. and then save it.

thru your laptop go to start my computer on the tool bar look for map network look for the name of the external hd that you named it too click on it and you'll have access via your laptop you can do what ever from there.

the instruction that i gave you is from the os of windows xp pro not to sure how vista is.....

Old 04-11-2008, 04:32 PM
She's BACK
Mobile Model: TP2, Iphone, Cliq
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile, At&t
Mobile OS: 6.1

View simplyput3456's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View simplyput3456's Photo Album Add simplyput3456's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

the only way that will work thru the router is, use your home pc as the base networking station then also make sure that the router is plug to that home pc. to give you wireless entry to that home pc.

And then connect the external hd via usb this is the tricky part if you dont know, once you have it connected go to in your computer start then computer there you will see another drive letter, right click and look for sharing and name it what ever you want. and then save it.

thru your laptop go to start my computer on the tool bar look for map network look for the name of the external hd that you named it too click on it and you'll have access via your laptop you can do what ever from there.

the instruction that i gave you is from the os of windows xp pro not to sure how vista is.....

Wow puertoblack2003! All that went right over my head!! You're very talented

Old 04-11-2008, 04:35 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by simplyput3456 View Post

Wow puertoblack2003! All that went right over my head!! You're very talented
lol...writing it was a task

also i like your sig..nice work or should i say talented work

Old 04-11-2008, 06:36 PM
dansoftcore dansoftcore is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Mogul

View dansoftcore's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dansoftcore's Photo Album Add dansoftcore's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Nah man they make networking hard drives that connect straight threw eithernet I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good ones I already found a few but im thinking of just getting a 500gb external for my laptop and just keep my desktop in the spare room hah
Old 04-11-2008, 08:11 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by dansoftcore View Post

Nah man they make networking hard drives that connect straight threw eithernet I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good ones I already found a few but im thinking of just getting a 500gb external for my laptop and just keep my desktop in the spare room hah
i use maxtor and love it.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
drives, hard, question