Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-09-2007, 06:52 PM
bondsingh bondsingh is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC touchHD & XPERIA
Mobile Carrier: tmobile
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View bondsingh's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bondsingh's Photo Album Add bondsingh's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
mogul or touch?---dash and tigerz

hey guys,
ive read previous threads already and wanted your unbiased opinion since you guys were mogul users prior. besides the obvious physical differences, can you tell me why you picked the touch.

1.i know there's no wifi on touch but i read in tigerz post where he said "no wife. yet" so do you think its possible one day to achieve that?

2. mogul has 400mhz and touch has 200mhz processer. do you c a big difference w/this. as i run pretty much most of the apps you guys have on this site plus tom tom nav6 for my work almost everyday. will this program specifically run slower you think? i use that and sometimes myphone at the same time. and does the process cause any slowness/lag when watching movies, videos, etc versus the moguls processer speed for same thing. reason i ask is bc i saw this video on youtube where one guy showed this and he was using this battery program to speed up the process which i know can heat the phone up and probably damage it. im sure we have that in downloads.

3. keyboard...other factor to consider. i txt everyday...considered moderate and not heavy. i dont do documents or things like that. so what keyboard do you guys use and is it convenient or practical or fast to type on. i have the touch pal (dont use much)..and the pcm keyboard which i use is ok.

4. more rom is there

5. i hate the freeze ups w/the mogul...i havent decided to do the new rom update bc indecisive which phone to keep permanently. any freeze ups w/the touch as often as the mogul???

i think those are the main determining factors for me. if you have extra detailed input, that would be greatly appreciated as i have a couple more days to decide.

thanks alot for your speedy informative reply.

again...i have read other threads already.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech-O-Shock
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View Tigerz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Tigerz's Photo Album Add Tigerz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: mogul or touch?---dash and tigerz

i never owned the mogul but did a lot of reaserch on both the touch and the mogul and spent a few hour in the sprint store with hands on for both of them and decided to get the touch because i didnt want to carry around a six pound brick in my pocket!!

Old 12-09-2007, 07:01 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by bondsingh View Post

hey guys,
ive read previous threads already and wanted your unbiased opinion since you guys were mogul users prior. besides the obvious physical differences, can you tell me why you picked the touch.

1.i know there's no wifi on touch but i read in tigerz post where he said "no wife. yet" so do you think its possible one day to achieve that?

2. mogul has 400mhz and touch has 200mhz processer. do you c a big difference w/this. as i run pretty much most of the apps you guys have on this site plus tom tom nav6 for my work almost everyday. will this program specifically run slower you think? i use that and sometimes myphone at the same time. and does the process cause any slowness/lag when watching movies, videos, etc versus the moguls processer speed for same thing. reason i ask is bc i saw this video on youtube where one guy showed this and he was using this battery program to speed up the process which i know can heat the phone up and probably damage it. im sure we have that in downloads.

3. keyboard...other factor to consider. i txt everyday...considered moderate and not heavy. i dont do documents or things like that. so what keyboard do you guys use and is it convenient or practical or fast to type on. i have the touch pal (dont use much)..and the pcm keyboard which i use is ok.

4. more rom is there

5. i hate the freeze ups w/the mogul...i havent decided to do the new rom update bc indecisive which phone to keep permanently. any freeze ups w/the touch as often as the mogul???

i think those are the main determining factors for me. if you have extra detailed input, that would be greatly appreciated as i have a couple more days to decide.

thanks alot for your speedy informative reply.

again...i have read other threads already.
1. its possible for wifi right now. you need to get a micro sd wifi card and put that in than you will have it. thje only way to do so though. when rev a rom comes out you will be happy with that i use it and its just as fast if not faster than wifi.

2. you are correct the mogul does have a 400mhz but you are incorrect on the touch. the gsm version has a 200 mhz processor but our vogue has the same 400 mhz as the mogul.

3. i use happy tapping keyboard and it suits my needs for lots of texting and emails quickly. along as surfing the web.

4. more rom is there? not sure what you mean but if you mean ram the touch has double of what the mogul has and runs very smoothly. if your meaning custom roms they are in the works right now as i type this.

5. i have never had my touch freeze once on me

Overall i give my touch a 9/10. the only reason a 9 and not a 10 is because of the lack of wifi. other than this i love the touch and would never think twice about going back to the 600 aka mogul. i wanted a slider phone for work so i didnt have to worry bout getting it beat up and all so i actually went to a 6700 since i didnt want to deal with the mogul again until they got the bugs worked out
Old 12-09-2007, 10:11 PM
bondsingh bondsingh is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC touchHD & XPERIA
Mobile Carrier: tmobile

View bondsingh's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bondsingh's Photo Album Add bondsingh's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks tigerz and thanks for that detailed response dash! i think i might have to go for the touch then. i was definitely mistaken about the 200mhz v 400mhz. and yes youre right, i meant RAM. yeah, too many bugs to deal with. im gonna have to check out the keyboard youre talking about. i hope i can find some screen shots...ill google it.that is important for me......able to type w/ease.

thanks again fellas!
Old 12-09-2007, 10:13 PM
Tech-O-Shock
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro

View Tigerz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Tigerz's Photo Album Add Tigerz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

np anytime and good choice

Old 03-20-2008, 11:33 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View ougijoe's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ougijoe's Photo Album Add ougijoe's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

This post helped out a ton in my decision as well, much appreciated.

I'm switching from a 755p over to the Touch. I've had it with Palm OS!

Thanks again, guys
Old 03-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by ougijoe View Post

This post helped out a ton in my decision as well, much appreciated.

I'm switching from a 755p over to the Touch. I've had it with Palm OS!

Thanks again, guys
bad choice.....ask dash now...Hes on my side as the mogul is the best ppc available...at this time when this was done wasn't much out for the mogul...mogul is far better phone now...
Old 03-20-2008, 01:26 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

Location: uniontown pennsylvania (30 miles south of pittsburgh)

View Psycho's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Psycho's Photo Album Add Psycho's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I am kinda seeing a trend here... only owners of the vogue ask this question... Maybe its because they are questioning their purchase? Well the good news is that you truely can not go wrong with purchasing a product from htc! Now the gread parts about the touch are that it is smaller, more aestitically appeasing, and has 128 ram (mogul has 64 megs). The pros of the mogul are, better screen that can be seen from the side, and the screen is brighter, The mogul has wifi capabilities, a full keypad, it seems to be more sturdy, the screen is inlaid more, so that it is harder to scratch. (the touch is flat). All in all, htc made 2 phones for 2 completely different people, one is not better than the other in general, mainly because of pros and cons for both phones! (I have owned both phones and I prefer the mogul)
Old 03-20-2008, 02:19 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

bad choice.....ask dash now...Hes on my side as the mogul is the best ppc available...at this time when this was done wasn't much out for the mogul...mogul is far better phone now...
that is rightnow that the bugs are worked out of the mogul it is by far the superior ppc to the touch and maby the whole market.
1. wifi
2. rev a speeds
3. built in gps activated and works great with google maps and telenav
4. stable finally
5. mempry leak is under control
6. WM 6.1 with rev a (includes threaded sms)
7. qwerty sliding keyboard

“ Originally Posted by Psycho View Post

I am kinda seeing a trend here... only owners of the vogue ask this question... Maybe its because they are questioning their purchase? Well the good news is that you truely can not go wrong with purchasing a product from htc! Now the gread parts about the touch are that it is smaller, more aestitically appeasing, and has 128 ram (mogul has 64 megs). The pros of the mogul are, better screen that can be seen from the side, and the screen is brighter, The mogul has wifi capabilities, a full keypad, it seems to be more sturdy, the screen is inlaid more, so that it is harder to scratch. (the touch is flat). All in all, htc made 2 phones for 2 completely different people, one is not better than the other in general, mainly because of pros and cons for both phones! (I have owned both phones and I prefer the mogul)
nice i agree there and love my mogul now thats everything is fixed. i must say since i have had it since 3 months before release it has came a long way and really was horrible at first but i wouldnt go back to the touch since i would miss the wifi, keyboard, and rev a too much.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:38 PM

View ougijoe's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ougijoe's Photo Album Add ougijoe's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well I do appreciate the input, pros/cons, etc., regardless!

Hopefully some of those pros (short of the obvious leg ups the Mogul has per its form factor) will be fixed in the highly rumored OS update(s) in the works, although I'm definitely a believe it when I see it type of person.

meh, we shall see I suppose, but I'm more than happy with the recent purchase and switch over to this phone
Old 03-29-2008, 02:54 AM
Mobile Model: ppc6800

View killaatwill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View killaatwill's Photo Album Add killaatwill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I was you a couple months ago and could not decide so I ended up going with the touch because of size and touch flo wich is available with the mogul now. But anyway after a month I still wasn't used to the stupid keyboard and tried to exchange it but waited 1 day to long and am stuck with it. I'm trying to find that full screen keyboard by spb or whatever to give that a try. Hopefully that helps because I'm very dissapointed with this phone for texting and surfing. It also doesn't have a flash on the camera which I kinda miss. So if I could I'de trade mine up right now for the ppc6800 to tell you the truth. But I'm going to try that new keyboard which looks much better then the stock ones. Can someone link me to a freeware version of that full screen keyboard?
Old 03-29-2008, 06:44 AM

“ Originally Posted by killaatwill View Post

I was you a couple months ago and could not decide so I ended up going with the touch because of size and touch flo wich is available with the mogul now. But anyway after a month I still wasn't used to the stupid keyboard and tried to exchange it but waited 1 day to long and am stuck with it. I'm trying to find that full screen keyboard by spb or whatever to give that a try. Hopefully that helps because I'm very dissapointed with this phone for texting and surfing. It also doesn't have a flash on the camera which I kinda miss. So if I could I'de trade mine up right now for the ppc6800 to tell you the truth. But I'm going to try that new keyboard which looks much better then the stock ones. Can someone link me to a freeware version of that full screen keyboard?
its not a freeware it is a shareware which you have to pay for but we have cracked for you here. please search for the apps using the green search field from the taskbar located under the site banner in the future... we find the links that way to you know...... jsut go to the third post in the thread and use the second serial and than download the trial from the developers site. https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...creen+Keyboard
Old 03-30-2008, 07:51 PM

View n1co35's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View n1co35's Photo Album Add n1co35's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Right now im still thinking between the two.
i got the touch for couple of weeks now.
first i was having a hard time with texting
i tried a lot of other on screen keyboard and found pcm keyboard to be the best and with the iphone skin for it, its even better since the buttons are bigger.
you should check it out and see how you like it.
the spb keyboard didnt work too good for me when i tried it.
search in the forums for pcm keyboard. i can't post the link for it since this is my first post but it shouldn't be too hard finding it.
hope that helped.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:00 AM
Mobile Model: ppc6800

View killaatwill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View killaatwill's Photo Album Add killaatwill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by n1co35 View Post

Right now im still thinking between the two.
i got the touch for couple of weeks now.
first i was having a hard time with texting
i tried a lot of other on screen keyboard and found pcm keyboard to be the best and with the iphone skin for it, its even better since the buttons are bigger.
you should check it out and see how you like it.
the spb keyboard didnt work too good for me when i tried it.
search in the forums for pcm keyboard. i can't post the link for it since this is my first post but it shouldn't be too hard finding it.
hope that helped.
I like the spb one a lot better then the onboard ones but I just downloaded the one your talking about so I'll try that also and see which one I like better. The one you use still has such small keys though. I just don't think any onscreen keyboard can compare to real keys. It's kust so much better to actually feel the keys so you know your on the one you want and it's not so easy to tap the keys around the one you want but thats just my opinion. If I were you and still had the opertunity to trade mine in I would do it in a heartbeat. But every one has there own opinion and likings I guess. Plus you get a flash on the camera of the mogul or 6800. The only thing I like is the size of the touch because I keep my phone in my pocket but the size is also the reason that it doesn't have a real keyboard! Oh well I'm stuck with mine now so I'll have to get used to it for the next 2 years till my contract is up!
Old 03-31-2008, 01:27 PM

View n1co35's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View n1co35's Photo Album Add n1co35's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I like the spb one a lot better then the onboard ones but I just downloaded the one your talking about so I'll try that also and see which one I like better. The one you use still has such small keys though. I just don't think any onscreen keyboard can compare to real keys. It's kust so much better to actually feel the keys so you know your on the one you want and it's not so easy to tap the keys around the one you want but thats just my opinion. If I were you and still had the opertunity to trade mine in I would do it in a heartbeat. But every one has there own opinion and likings I guess. Plus you get a flash on the camera of the mogul or 6800. The only thing I like is the size of the touch because I keep my phone in my pocket but the size is also the reason that it doesn't have a real keyboard! Oh well I'm stuck with mine now so I'll have to get used to it for the next 2 years till my contract is up!
yea the one im talkin bout still have small buttons, but with the iphone skin the buttons are a lil bit bigger.
the thing i like about this one
is when you press and hold the letter you will be able to see what letter you pressed.
when you release is when it actually types.
since your stuck with your touch
hope you get use to one of the on screen keyboard.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:02 PM

View Hockeyfan05's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Hockeyfan05's Photo Album Add Hockeyfan05's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

to DEADHEART:

well this question has been asked before my freind, almost the exact same question. and the answer is.............personal preference,....the touch screen size is perfect so i dont know what you mean by not practical,....
but if you like the slide out keyboard, the GPS, and the wifi keep the mogul.

if your looking for something less chunkie, with the touch flow option and less buttons on the housing then touch is the way to go....

either way you cant go wrong wiht htc, and the mogul or touch is an exellent choice.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:23 PM
She's BACK
Mobile Model: TP2, Iphone, Cliq
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile, At&t

View simplyput3456's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View simplyput3456's Photo Album Add simplyput3456's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

THE MOGUL!!! Hands down!! My sister has the Touch & my phone OBLITERATES hers thanks to Dash!! I think I have the best phone in the WORLD!! Go me!! Go me!!

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
mogul, tigerz, touchdash