Telenav Voice

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Mandingo Mandingo is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Mandingo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mandingo's Photo Album Add Mandingo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Telenav Voice

Have any body searched for Voice modd's for the Telenav GPS?
I assume you'll need to Regedit voices.
Other GPS device have Fred Flinston, elmo,or a sexier voice.

Old 03-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Telenav Voice

“ Originally Posted by Mandingo View Post

Have any body searched for Voice modd's for the Telenav GPS?
I assume you'll need to Regedit voices.
Other GPS device have Fred Flinston, elmo,or a sexier voice.
naw i havent and would be through registry would have to be added into a cab file........ i dont think that there is any out for sprint nav aka telenav.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:49 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

naw i havent and would be through registry would have to be added into a cab file........ i dont think that there is any out for sprint nav aka telenav.
kinda funny i looked into this yesterday. voice files are located in windows directory.but they are gsm file format & over 650files. so i said forget it.lol. i suppose it could be done.I also looked and contacted telenav off their site.they claim that voices are in the works.but wont give a exact launch date.thats off of their telenav forum.
Old 03-31-2008, 02:03 PM

View Mandingo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mandingo's Photo Album Add Mandingo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks this just give us a new level of mods capablities for our phone. A whole new section for on spj next to sliding sounds. Who know maybe we can get (JESSIE's voice on there.)

I'm not a modder my self but if you know how to work your way through regedit. i thought it might be possible for someone to cook something up in there kitchen.

Old 04-22-2008, 02:01 PM

I think i found it. Voice personalities

Voice Personalities are specifically for TeleNav 3.8 and 3.9 on the Sprint CDMA phones. At this time (as of 14 Febuary), only the first voice personality -- Santa Claus -- functions correctly. We are working to improve the other voices, such as New York Cabbie and Confucious Says, to be usable on TeleNav (at this time they are selectable but may not function correctly on your phone. If you encounter any "TeleNav Not Available" errors when using the Fun Voices, switch back to standard "English"). You can change voice personalities by logging in to your account on the http://www.telenav.com/ website, then selecting "Preferences."

website: http://forum.telenav.com/viewtopic.p...2a4ba8f23b78a0

news article:

http://www.telenav.com/about/pr/pr-20060105.html

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Drivers can now receive on-demand audible GPS directions from voice personalities and see their exact location on a full color moving map, with the launch of the latest version of TeleNav, a mobile phone-based GPS navigation application. Voice personalities include Santa Claus, a New York City cab driver and many others. To find...

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
telenav, voice