mental challange!

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-03-2008, 08:28 PM
Psycho Psycho is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Location: uniontown pennsylvania (30 miles south of pittsburgh)
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Psycho's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Psycho's Photo Album Add Psycho's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
mental challange!

I have been getting deep into philosophy, and I am ready to make a bold statement! Nothing in this world is 100% truth, and nothing is 100% lie, prove me wrong! This should get interesting!
Old 04-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: mental challange!

but the truth is in the eye of the beholder...for the ability to conceive leads to the ability to achieve..
Old 04-03-2008, 09:24 PM

View Psycho's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Psycho's Photo Album Add Psycho's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

but the truth is in the eye of the beholder...for the ability to conceive leads to the ability to achieve..
In the 1600's a famous philosopher tried to come up with one thing that can not be shot down, something that is 100% true. His name was Rene Descartes. The main theory that destroyed almost every one of his attempts was very similar to the matrix theory. The theory was that some evil sorcerer was controlling our minds, and forcing us to live in this world bound by physics. Soon before Descartes died he came up with "I think therefore, I am" which implied that i have the ability to think that my mind is being tricked, I have a free mind! Therefore I must exist somewhere. That statement is the hardest statement to contradict, but it is plausible, pending on the definition of existance of which you view as true.

I tried this at work, and one of my co-workers said "this pen is blue" and since our minds have been forced with so many beliefs, by our parents, family, friends, teachers ...etc. that we start to believe that that statement is 100% factual, when in reality it is just a unified BELIEF on a label.

My favorite part of this is, I let one curse word slip in a family style restaurant... Ok, it was shit. Some lady came up to me screaming, "don't use that kind of language around my son." I responded with 2 things. 1 - yelling is the way that the weak minded express anger for a lack of better words ( I love that saying, mainly because it is my own) and 2. Don't try to force your beliefs onto me! If you want to believe that shit is a bad word, keep that to yourself! I left her speechless!
Old 04-21-2008, 05:22 PM
Mobile Model: HTC touch

View heroflight's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View heroflight's Photo Album Add heroflight's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i eat to much therefore i am fat.
Old 04-21-2008, 05:43 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View Hockeyfan05's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Hockeyfan05's Photo Album Add Hockeyfan05's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

death is inevitable....

you cant disprove that,...its 100% fact...
Old 04-23-2008, 06:49 PM

“ Originally Posted by leedenault View Post

death is inevitable....

you cant disprove that,...its 100% fact...
to be able to die, you must prove that you existed at one time!
Old 04-23-2008, 06:51 PM

“ Originally Posted by heroflight View Post

thats all about the world's perception of you, a larger person might consider you to be normal weight. Basically the question is, "what weight constitutes being fat" and that is the exact question as "how long is a piece of string" both of these are perceptual!
Old 04-23-2008, 07:01 PM
She's BACK
Mobile Model: TP2, Iphone, Cliq
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile, At&t
Mobile OS: 6.1

View simplyput3456's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View simplyput3456's Photo Album Add simplyput3456's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by heroflight View Post

Good One...

Old 04-23-2008, 07:06 PM
She's BACK

View simplyput3456's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View simplyput3456's Photo Album Add simplyput3456's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

1. Someone didn't have any food to eat today.
2. My natural hair is curly
3. My Mogul is the best phone in the world! Woo Hoo!!

Old 04-23-2008, 07:12 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

tell me how it aidnt true that the person above me isnt sexy as hell!!! PROVE ME WRONG!!!!

I WIN
Old 04-23-2008, 07:14 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View Hockeyfan05's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Hockeyfan05's Photo Album Add Hockeyfan05's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Psycho View Post

to be able to die, you must prove that you existed at one time!
lol thats dumb, sorry lol
Old 04-24-2008, 05:50 PM

“ Originally Posted by simplyput3456 View Post

1. Someone didn't have any food to eat today.
2. My natural hair is curly
3. My Mogul is the best phone in the world! Woo Hoo!!

1. What is the concept of today? 24 hours? That is just a formulated term that humans created to describe a measurement of what they think is time! Can I get einsteins theory of relativity in here? 1 day for someone standing still, is not the same time as someone that is moving!

I can disprove all 3 with one statement. Rene Descartes claimed "I think therefore I am" notice he said I, because you can not truely prove the existance of anyone else in this world except yourself.

2. Natural is a unified BELIEF on a label, and so is curly, so I can believe that your hair is straight

3. and no, MY MOGUL IS THE BEST PHONE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!
Old 04-24-2008, 06:00 PM

There is a reason that I posted this, a good one at that. Ever since we were young children, our parents have programed us to believe everything they say is 100% true... I like to believe what I want to believe. Maybe that makes me different, or eccentric, but its what makes me, me.

An example of what your parents/society tells you is that "The F Word" is a bad word! Well, one of the stories on how that word came about starts in the Blair Witch Trials. Back then, people did not understand the concept of hormones, so they blamed the females for having an "Evil Sorcery" that made them want sex. Well obviously that isn't the only sorcery that women were burned for, but it is one of the main ones. Well, before the females were burned at the stake, a priest would brand on their backs "F U C K" standing for "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge" as a way of telling god why they were sending women his way for further judgement. Now since that word deals with sex, it must be evil! And you will go to hell if you say it! Everything in today's world is taken out of proportion... I was at a local restaurant, and said shit after I burned my hand. Some woman came over to me and said, "Don't curse in front of my 13 year old son." I replied "Don't try to force your beliefs on me, if you want to think that shit is a bad word, then believe it, but I don't!!!" She was speechless!

The only truth in this world is that there isn't any truth. Philosophers came up with possibilities that could even destroy Rene Descartes philosophy. Nothing in this world can be proven without a shadow of doubt!
Old 04-24-2008, 08:52 PM
She's BACK

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

tell me how it aidnt true that the person above me isnt sexy as hell!!! PROVE ME WRONG!!!!

I WIN
lol Awww hush Dash!

Old 04-24-2008, 08:53 PM
She's BACK

“ Originally Posted by Psycho View Post

1. What is the concept of today? 24 hours? That is just a formulated term that humans created to describe a measurement of what they think is time! Can I get einsteins theory of relativity in here? 1 day for someone standing still, is not the same time as someone that is moving!

I can disprove all 3 with one statement. Rene Descartes claimed "I think therefore I am" notice he said I, because you can not truely prove the existance of anyone else in this world except yourself.

2. Natural is a unified BELIEF on a label, and so is curly, so I can believe that your hair is straight

3. and no, MY MOGUL IS THE BEST PHONE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!

lmaooooo Awwww sheddup! lol

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
challange, mental