Notices

D/\SH'S WSOD (white screen of death) REPAIR STEPS NOW INCLUDES PICTURES OF UPDATED RAM!! (5TH POST)

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 04:38 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
D/\SH'S WSOD (white screen of death) REPAIR STEPS NOW INCLUDES PICTURES OF UPDATED RAM!! (5TH POST)

well well well, as many know i was the first person to successfully fix the WSOD on the mogul. heres how i got to the hard drive step by step with pictures!!!!! tell me what ya think. its a pretty cool phone on the insides and by looks it might be able to have the ram expanded to the 550 meg chipset online o found and also have the memory upgraded to around 8 gigs built in. ill look in to that part and tell ya guys how it works when the parts come in the mail next week sometime.
Attached Thumbnails
10.jpg   11.jpg   12.jpg   13.jpg   14.jpg   15.jpg   16.jpg  

17.jpg   18.jpg   19.jpg   20.jpg   21.jpg   22.jpg   23.jpg  

24.jpg   25.jpg   26.jpg   27.jpg   28.jpg   29.jpg  
Old 05-03-2008, 08:28 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View make-ya-kri's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View make-ya-kri's Photo Album Add make-ya-kri's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: D/\SH'S WSOD (white screen of death) REPAIR STEPS

Good job.. Cant wait till you get that chip set.. Cause Ill be one of the first people sending mine in for the upgrade.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:52 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by make-ya-kri View Post

Good job.. Cant wait till you get that chip set.. Cause Ill be one of the first people sending mine in for the upgrade.
lol if it works like im thinking it will be bad ass and i will be buying in bulk so i can do this for the people of SPJ!!!!!!!! not sure the charge and all i will portake on doing it since it is a strenuous process and all to do but we will see how it goes and all and hopefully we can be the first place to get this to happen and have all the others idoling us.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:11 PM
I930 User
Mobile Model: HTC Touch AKa Vogue
Mobile Carrier: boost unlimited

View lalo41's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lalo41's Photo Album Add lalo41's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

maybe if u can upgrade the processor on a gsm touch will awesome

Old 05-04-2008, 05:06 PM

Re: D/\SH'S WSOD (white screen of death) REPAIR STEPS NOW INCLUDES PICTURES OF UPDATED RAM!! (5TH POST)

Holy Shit!!!!! I Did It With The Parts That Came In And As You Can See From The Screenshot Of My Custom Rom That The Ram Is Huge With The Apps Running And All..... So Now Them Touch Users Cant Say Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heres The Screenie.
And As You Can See Them Are My Custom Icons So No Bullshit!!!!!!! Im Soooooo ****ing Stoked!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg  
Old 05-04-2008, 05:08 PM

Re: D/\SH'S WSOD (white screen of death) REPAIR STEPS NOW INCLUDES PICTURES OF UPDATED RAM!! (5TH POST)

Sorry Forgot Picture Here You Go.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:12 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

Holy Shit!!!!! I Did It With The Parts That Came In And As You Can See From The Screenshot Of My Custom Rom That The Ram Is Huge With The Apps Running And All..... So Now Them Touch Users Cant Say Shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heres The Screenie.
And As You Can See Them Are My Custom Icons So No Bullshit!!!!!!! Im Soooooo ****ing Stoked!!!!!!

dont jump the gun now...hahaha give it some time to test to make sure...lol good job man also where can we get the ram..

Old 05-04-2008, 05:13 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

word, where can we get the ram? whats the name and info or give us the link to it lol
Old 05-04-2008, 05:15 PM
I930 User
Mobile Model: HTC Touch AKa Vogue
Mobile Carrier: boost unlimited

View lalo41's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lalo41's Photo Album Add lalo41's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah where can we get the ram ? not that I am going to do it but I want to see what type of ram they used and how much they cost

Old 05-04-2008, 05:19 PM

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

word, where can we get the ram? whats the name and info or give us the link to it lol
here is where i bought the stuff from jsut sent them the money and they sent me the stuff..... http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main.asp?area=home
Old 05-04-2008, 05:24 PM

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

here is where i bought the stuff from jsut sent them the money and they sent me the stuff..... http://www.pocketpctechs.com/main.asp?area=home
I really hope your really testing the phone out to its fulest capabilities to see if it crashes or whatever. If it is successful you will make a killing on this bro, I dont think people will be buying a new phone in a while lol forget the raphael lol, went to the site, and clicked on ram upgrade but there isnt anyuthin on the mogul, did u use another pda's ram?
Old 05-04-2008, 05:26 PM

I really hope your really testing the phone out to its fulest capabilities to see if it crashes or whatever. If it is successful you will make a killing on this bro, I dont think people will be buying a new phone in a while lol forget the raphael lol
oh hell yeah i got 8 hours on security which i sit in the office if i have something to do nad trust me this is gonna keep me entertained..... DAMN IM STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2008, 05:37 PM

oh hell yeah i got 8 hours on security which i sit in the office if i have something to do nad trust me this is gonna keep me entertained..... DAMN IM STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
how much ram u getting after reset? and what ram did u use on the site u provided? seems like there is nothin for the mogul.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:40 PM

how much ram u getting after reset? and what ram did u use on the site u provided? seems like there is nothin for the mogul.
after reset i am getting around 70-75 megs varies from reset to reset....... and i told them to send me the 6700 stuff which still fits in the 6800
Old 05-04-2008, 05:47 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Dash, telling me no Memory Updates for the Mogul... I chose my phone and when through the steps... Any help?

EDIT: Me and broski and like where? Where is the link? LoL... Ill send you the phone with the memory... Get at me!

Old 05-04-2008, 05:48 PM

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

Dash, telling me no Memory Updates for the Mogul... I chose my phone and when through the steps... Any help?
as stated i use the parts form the 6700 on mine at works great so far!!!!!!!!!!!!

WARNING THIS VOIDS WARRANTY AND SHOULDNT BE DONE UNLESS YOU CAN SOLDER AND NO ELECTRONICS AND DONT CARE ABOUT TAKING YOUR PHONE APART
Old 05-04-2008, 05:51 PM

after reset i am getting around 70-75 megs varies from reset to reset....... and i told them to send me the 6700 stuff which still fits in the 6800
STUFF lol
Old 05-04-2008, 05:53 PM

STUFF lol
lol sorry chipset jsut excited and didnt feel lke typing and all.......... gotta go to work now and gonna mess with it alot at work and let you know how it goes.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:54 PM

lol sorry chipset jsut excited and didnt feel lke typing and all.......... gotta go to work now and gonna mess with it alot at work and let you know how it goes.
ight bro, if you on 2nite ima harrass you to see how it goes lol
Old 05-04-2008, 05:56 PM

ight bro, if you on 2nite ima harrass you to see how it goes lol
Yea for sure, just heoller and ill let u know lol
Old 05-05-2008, 12:17 PM
Mobile Model: Mogul

View opuscroakus's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View opuscroakus's Photo Album Add opuscroakus's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Please don't hate on me for being the skeptic but the date on the screen capture you have is from December 2007 and could very well be from a Touch. A camera shot of the whole camera with the Start\Settings\About screen showing would be much better.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Mobile Model: sprint mogul

View Formula84's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Formula84's Photo Album Add Formula84's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I have checked all links for the 6700 stuff from HTC and US startcom on the supplied link. They all say that they determined that ram upgrades are not possible for the 6700 either...so whats the deal is this top secret??? lol
Old 05-05-2008, 02:27 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul

View outrageousjon's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View outrageousjon's Photo Album Add outrageousjon's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

SORRY, you must have 5 or more post to post live links....
Old 05-05-2008, 04:07 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View remlle's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View remlle's Photo Album Add remlle's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

anothrer thing Im seeing is the E in the top bar. thats edge. from an ATT or other GSM phone. not sure this is truly a mogul. can you show a screenshot of the whole phone with the about screen?
Old 05-05-2008, 04:18 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

dash point me in the right direction lol....I just got off the phone with them and their lost as well at that site....claim the 6700 has no upgrades.....as it says on their site....so whats the catch? hit me with a link i will do the upgrade my self.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:01 PM

View outrageousjon's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View outrageousjon's Photo Album Add outrageousjon's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

SORRY, you must have 5 or more post to post live links....
Old 05-05-2008, 06:20 PM

FROM THE POCKETPCTECHS WEBSITE:

P/N: UNI-064-128RAM
HTC Universal 64MB to 128MB Internal RAM Upgrade. Upgrade your HTC Universal's internal RAM from 64MB to 128MB with our upgrade service. During the upgrade process we remove the existing 64MB and install 128MB. This memory upgrade does NOT require our proprietary driver and is fully recognized by the OS (111.00MB Available, 86.05MB Free, Running Beasty & Laurentius 2.09.01). This unit uses low voltage hi-speed BGA memory, so stacking is not available and 128MB will be the maximum capacity.

IMPORTANT NOTE: We will NOT load the ROM required for your system to recognize the 128MB of RAM. You MUST download the appropriate ROM from xda-developers and install it PRIOR to shipping your unit in for the RAM installation. We have tested the Universal with the Beasty & Laurentius 2.09.01 and found it to work properly and recognize the 128MB of RAM.

$169.00
Old 05-05-2008, 06:41 PM

“ Originally Posted by opuscroakus View Post

Please don't hate on me for being the skeptic but the date on the screen capture you have is from December 2007 and could very well be from a Touch. A camera shot of the whole camera with the Start\Settings\About screen showing would be much better.
its called i hurried my rom out of rthis to test and all that i built nad i never set the date on this.......

“ Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post

I have checked all links for the 6700 stuff from HTC and US startcom on the supplied link. They all say that they determined that ram upgrades are not possible for the 6700 either...so whats the deal is this top secret??? lol
it is to available fo rth ppc 76700 look at the link i have here in this thread smarts.

“ Originally Posted by remlle View Post

anothrer thing Im seeing is the E in the top bar. thats edge. from an ATT or other GSM phone. not sure this is truly a mogul. can you show a screenshot of the whole phone with the about screen?
EVDO DURRRR DURRR DURRRR you can change the icons when you build your own custom roms.

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

dash point me in the right direction lol....I just got off the phone with them and their lost as well at that site....claim the 6700 has no upgrades.....as it says on their site....so whats the catch? hit me with a link i will do the upgrade my self.
they do too have a 6700 upgrade area do a search for the thread on ppcgeeks to take a look.
Old 05-05-2008, 06:43 PM

ok since people are hating im closing this thread since all they are is being skeptical and not even giving props where it is deserved...... so see if i do any of these for anyone since you all have to hate.
Old 05-05-2008, 09:13 PM

ok since people are hating im closing this thread since all they are is being skeptical and not even giving props where it is deserved...... so see if i do any of these for anyone since you all have to hate.
damn haters!!!! hey dash im a believer lol
Old 05-05-2008, 09:15 PM

damn haters!!!! hey dash im a believer lol
thank you sir and why would i take a 500+ dollar phone apart if i wasnt gonna try and hopefully be successful like i was and am!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 09:27 PM

thank you sir and why would i take a 500+ dollar phone apart if i wasnt gonna try and hopefully be successful like i was and am!!!
one word "HATERS" that should explain it enough.
Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Tags
5th, d or sh, death, includes, pictures, post, ram, repair, screen, steps, updated, white, wsod