Sprint Touch on Vzw and vice versa

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-12-2008, 07:11 PM
bigrednewt bigrednewt is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Q

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View bigrednewt's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigrednewt's Photo Album Add bigrednewt's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint Touch on Vzw and vice versa

Not to be stupid, but by flashing the roms and radios on the site, I should be able to use a Sprint Touch on vzw network, correct? I like the black rubberized cover better unless someone has an alternate solution or an extra sprint case laying around. (if it will fit)
Old 05-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul/Sprint Touch

View AL_CAPONE_X3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View AL_CAPONE_X3's Photo Album Add AL_CAPONE_X3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint Touch on Vzw and vice versa

“ Originally Posted by bigrednewt View Post

Not to be stupid, but by flashing the roms and radios on the site, I should be able to use a Sprint Touch on vzw network, correct? I like the black rubberized cover better unless someone has an alternate solution or an extra sprint case laying around. (if it will fit)
no it wont work. sprint wont activate an verizon phone and verizon wont activate an sprint phone. the esn of the phone has to be in there system and if its not one there phones its not in there system. only thing i can say is buy an case for it to change it.

but ya there no real easy way to do this thats legal. to activate either phone on either company.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:25 PM

View bigrednewt's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigrednewt's Photo Album Add bigrednewt's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks for clarifying. Has anyone out there switched the cases, or even painted it with rubberized paint?
Old 05-12-2008, 07:29 PM

View AL_CAPONE_X3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View AL_CAPONE_X3's Photo Album Add AL_CAPONE_X3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks for clarifying. Has anyone out there switched the cases, or even painted it with rubberized paint?

your welcome. (dont forget to hit the thanks button) the only thing i can really say is for you to buy something like this if you want your phone to look clean and small but still change the color its almost like changeing the housing. . .this is for sprint touch but could work for the vzw one since they both cdma but im not sure.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/flex...touch_2932.htm

i was actually look into this yesterday for my phone to help protect it and the orginal housing. so you can check this out. as far as the painting idk. it could be possible but idk.

Old 05-12-2008, 07:41 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_X3 View Post

your welcome. (dont forget to hit the thanks button) the only thing i can really say is for you to buy something like this if you want your phone to look clean and small but still change the color its almost like changeing the housing. . .this is for sprint touch but could work for the vzw one since they both cdma but im not sure.

http://www.boxwave.com/products/flex...touch_2932.htm

i was actually look into this yesterday for my phone to help protect it and the orginal housing. so you can check this out. as far as the painting idk. it could be possible but idk.
[http://www.moguldepot.com/another good website for the 6800.

Old 05-12-2008, 09:47 PM

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

[http://www.moguldepot.com/another good website for the 6800.
lol thanks but i was showin him for the touch not the mogul since he wants the touch

Old 05-12-2008, 11:43 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_X3 View Post

lol thanks but i was showin him for the touch not the mogul since he wants the touch
ive taken apart the mogul and the touch already. the housing isnt too bad to take apart but it does void warranty and also you have to know what you are doing or you will mess it up..... the painting the best way to go is to go to an body shop and pay the money to have them mix up the color that you want for the housing and ask them to add rubberizer for you into the paint.......... it will still be smooth like the verizon phone...... i jsut picked up some yellow and some black and doing my mogul bumble bee with the sprint logo on the back battery of my mogul...... im gonna have the inside grroves be black for the sprint logo and the the tops of the grooves be black so it stands out and is one of a kind.... when i get it done i will be sure to post it up so you all can see.... thansk god i fix and paint cars at a body shop before i ****ed my knee up lol.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:52 PM

awesome dash. can't wait to see the pics! Is there a tutorial lurking around on taking the touch apart? I just discovered the guitar hero game!! **** yeah!
Old 05-13-2008, 12:04 AM

one other quick thing. I know with my old 6600, if I was on the internet, I couldn't get a phone call or txt. I hope to god they fixed it, but can anyone verify?
Old 05-13-2008, 12:31 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

awesome dash. can't wait to see the pics! Is there a tutorial lurking around on taking the touch apart? I just discovered the guitar hero game!! **** yeah!
pretty much the same................ and the pictures are already here......... jsut easier since no slider qwerty keyboard and the phone will be pimp once all painted.

one other quick thing. I know with my old 6600, if I was on the internet, I couldn't get a phone call or txt. I hope to god they fixed it, but can anyone verify?
yes you get calls without problem now.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
sprint, touch, versa, vice, vzw