Notices

Just a couple of questions - somewhat off topic.

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 03:15 PM
dianeofarcadia dianeofarcadia is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: LG Voyager&Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View dianeofarcadia's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dianeofarcadia's Photo Album Add dianeofarcadia's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Just a couple of questions - somewhat off topic.

Hope no one minds me asking the questions here, but new to all this and very curious to see what I can do with it all.
Really liking some of the applications I am finding for my mogul - exciting more like it. )

(HTC - PPC 6800/Sprint. WMPro 6.0.
My question -
1. Tried to install an audio cab and it said I need to be running a different .net than I guess what is on the phone, I can find the rom information (under device info) but am not able to locate what type of .net there is. How and where would I find that? - Tech support in the store was not helpful.

2. What is your recommended reading for someone who is interested in developing these types of software?

Thank you, looking forward to learning from you guys. So far this is a great forum I have been reading through and already learned a few things that have been stumping me.
Old 05-14-2008, 03:35 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Just a couple of questions - somewhat off topic.

“ Originally Posted by dianeofarcadia View Post

Hope no one minds me asking the questions here, but new to all this and very curious to see what I can do with it all.
Really liking some of the applications I am finding for my mogul - exciting more like it. )

(HTC - PPC 6800/Sprint. WMPro 6.0.
My question -
1. Tried to install an audio cab and it said I need to be running a different .net than I guess what is on the phone, I can find the rom information (under device info) but am not able to locate what type of .net there is. How and where would I find that? - Tech support in the store was not helpful.

2. What is your recommended reading for someone who is interested in developing these types of software?

Thank you, looking forward to learning from you guys. So far this is a great forum I have been reading through and already learned a few things that have been stumping me.

glad that you have eben reading and learning alot of peope try to jump straight in with no research. but your phone comes sttock with .NETCompactFramework 2.0 and fro developing you can use C++ or you can use PPL aka Pocket Programming Language.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:50 PM

View dianeofarcadia's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dianeofarcadia's Photo Album Add dianeofarcadia's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thank you D/\SH - is upgrading the .net pretty easy? I am doing a quick search and it seems to be within a reasonable comfort zone for attempting.
Old 05-14-2008, 04:58 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thank you D/\SH - is upgrading the .net pretty easy? I am doing a quick search and it seems to be within a reasonable comfort zone for attempting.
yes jsut a cab file to install....read the noob guide in my signature to learn howe to install them.
Old 05-14-2008, 06:13 PM

took me forever to find the noob guide - thanks, will be up all night reading there.

as for the terms and promise last one to ask.
when referring to the rom are they referring to the framework?

oh, and I think it is your audio cab I am trying to get working - more thanks!!!
since I didn't know who I was chatting with here ~ even the internet is a small world.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:27 PM

took me forever to find the noob guide - thanks, will be up all night reading there.

as for the terms and promise last one to ask.
when referring to the rom are they referring to the framework?

oh, and I think it is your audio cab I am trying to get working - more thanks!!!
since I didn't know who I was chatting with here ~ even the internet is a small world.
no rom is basicallt the OS on a phone.... and have no clue what audio cab you are talking bou since there are hundreds of thjem post in that thread for help there.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:33 AM

oops - my apologies, I assumed a post in another thread regarding this (nueaudio cab) meant it was your developement.

thanks again for everything.
~done with this thread.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:42 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

if you are really interested in developing for the ppc you can message me on palringo or PM me im probably going to be making a few tutorials to get more people into it.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:55 PM
Mobile Model: HTC mogul

View Royg89's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Royg89's Photo Album Add Royg89's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Whats the difference from the Touch Diamond and this Rapheal phone. they both look the same to me.
Old 06-01-2008, 12:53 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch
Mobile Carrier: Bell

Thanked 1,491 Times in 532 Posts

View raybond25's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View raybond25's Photo Album Add raybond25's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Royg89 View Post

Whats the difference from the Touch Diamond and this Rapheal phone. they both look the same to me.
the diamond is the touch replacement so no hardware keyboard..the raphael will have a qwerty keyboard
Old 06-01-2008, 01:46 AM
Mobile Model: HTC mogul

View Royg89's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Royg89's Photo Album Add Royg89's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

so the rapheal will have a keyboard and the diamond wont.

thats weird.

they both look the same tho. i mean dont get me wrong, it looks badd ass, but add a keyboard to make a difference. of course everyones gonna get the one with a keyboard.

i think theres a leak of wrong info!
Old 06-01-2008, 02:20 AM

“ Originally Posted by Royg89 View Post

so the rapheal will have a keyboard and the diamond wont.

thats weird.

they both look the same tho. i mean dont get me wrong, it looks badd ass, but add a keyboard to make a difference. of course everyones gonna get the one with a keyboard.

i think theres a leak of wrong info!
naw thats true the diamond is the touches prodesessor and the raphael is the moguls prodesesor........ but im going to close this thread since it was solved on the original means for the thread......... there are threads on the diamond and the touch already so further convo will go there.
Post New ThreadClosed Thread

Tags
couple, questions, topic