Old 05-31-2008, 01:24 AM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
New Spj Sister Site And Changes Resulting

OK ALL THIS IS HOW IT IS GONNABE AS OF NOW!!!!! ( I WILL PUT THIS INTHE FIRST POST!!!!!!!!!!

but ince we have got all this feedack form you all we decided to keep spj the way that it is and use htcmodz as a ringtone and video place site!!!! so for any mobile videos and ringtones you can go ove there and get them easily.... the board will be hacked with a wy to preview the rngtones befroe you download and than of course the vidoes and slider sounds....... so this will give us a nice media edge on the gme without effecting SPJ what-so-ever thansk for the imput guyz and it s nice to see how uch you all really do love spj........ we will update when more info becomes available.

Thanks
D/\SH
Site Co-Founder
Old 05-31-2008, 01:39 AM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: New Spj Sister Site And Changes Resulting

will the invites be through spj or do we sign up there. Also what do we need to do to get invited. do we have to be premium members.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:41 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by mduran2288 View Post

will the invites be through spj or do we sign up there. Also what do we need to do to get invited. do we have to be premium members.
you cant sign up you have to be invited to sign up..... the sign up will be the same as we have here but it will ask for a referral code that you will get when someone sends you an invitation. and premium members are gonna get an invite from here and not sure we will prolly still be having a vip area over there as well.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:44 AM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....I thought we were protected since we didn't actually post this stuff on the SPJ site and it was just linked to other sites...not to mention if the government wanted to take legal action on you guys...the invite system would not stop them from viewing your site, and I know you already know this...all an invite site would do is stop the greater flow of phone knowledge. Here at SPJ, granted there are some dumb noobs, but we have been introduced to stuff we didn't even know existed from veterans as well as your occassional noob/rookie providing some valuable information/software. If you taper or limit users then you limit knowledge, apps., themes, and everything else that has made SPJ my favorite forum. It seems that you have already made a decision with puertoblack2003 about this and you already have a site url, but how about this...leave SPJ open for software and then open the sister site with this inviting scheme and see what site continues to prevail...ummm, my guess, SPJ. To be honest with you...PPCGEEKS was a site that I visited often and once they restricted software on their site, I started to not use it as much and I would occasionally hope on wiki sites and xda-developers. The only reason I even began to use SPJ as much as I did was because the loss of the greatness that PPCGEEKS once was to me, and I'm sure they site traffic big increase have to do with that. I am pleading to leave SPJ the way it is, I have found a phone forum I could count on...if anything, why not posting a poll and see what happens to keep SPJ a software site, any possibility.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:46 AM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

you cant sign up you have to be invited to sign up..... the sign up will be the same as we have here but it will ask for a referral code that you will get when someone sends you an invitation. and premium members are gonna get an invite from here and not sure we will prolly still be having a vip area over there as well.
what about staff here ...what will be their status over there!

Old 05-31-2008, 01:48 AM

“ Originally Posted by smassele View Post

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....I thought we were protected since we didn't actually post this stuff on the SPJ site and it was just linked to other sites...not to mention if the government wanted to take legal action on you guys...the invite system would not stop them from viewing your site, and I know you already know this...all an invite site would do is stop the greater flow of phone knowledge. Here at SPJ, granted there are some dumb noobs, but we have been introduced to stuff we didn't even know existed from veterans as well as your occassional noob/rookie providing some valuable information/software. If you taper or limit users then you limit knowledge, apps., themes, and everything else that has made SPJ my favorite forum. It seems that you have already made a decision with puertoblack2003 about this and you already have a site url, but how about this...leave SPJ open for software and then open the sister site with this inviting scheme and see what site continues to prevail...ummm, my guess, SPJ. To be honest with you...PPCGEEKS was a site that I visited often and once they restricted software on their site, I started to not use it as much and I would occasionally hope on wiki sites and xda-developers. The only reason I even began to use SPJ as much as I did was because the loss of the greatness that PPCGEEKS once was to me, and I'm sure they site traffic big increase have to do with that. I am pleading to leave SPJ the way it is, I have found a phone forum I could count on...if anything, why not posting a poll and see what happens to keep SPJ a software site, any possibility.
well basically what we are going to have is jsut going to make it better for the user if you think about it.

1. we will have spj here for any support that you may need with your mobile phones. so if you need support you come to SPJ.
2. for programs you got to htc and you get your applications..... dont ahve to syphon through multiple threads of noob questions to get to the new apps that were posted.......

will add a poll right now to see what a vote turns out like..... as we said beta and we will continue to post all here also until the beta tag is removed. so this site will not change until we make a final decision and liek the way that it is running.
Old 05-31-2008, 01:49 AM

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

will have to double check with pb but my understandings are that they will be coming over with us with the same rankings.....
Old 05-31-2008, 01:56 AM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Okay i dont want to sound pushy but i would like an invite for sure
Old 05-31-2008, 01:57 AM

Okay i dont want to sound pushy but i would like an invite for sure
ok we arent going to have invites for at l;east a month or so until we get everythign figured out. i just wanted to make you all aware and see what you all thought of the idea.......
Old 05-31-2008, 01:59 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I think its a good idea in the long run; i think we should still post the software as topics in the forums of SPJ, however its cool to have the programs and everything all by themselves on a website without the clutter.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:24 AM
The Man with the Plan!

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I understand the lack of clutter...but even noobs stumble upon something everyone has not seen before Dash...I mean, we were all noobs at one point and time...and I just think that the eventual limitation of users on the new site will, like I said already, limit everything else...I have been looking at PPCGEEKS recently past couple of weeks...and it is not as busy as it used to be with great threads, I just don't want the same for SPJ, thats all

Old 05-31-2008, 02:29 AM
The Man with the Plan!

I just voted...but now when I think about it Dash...you should have a median choice on the poll as well...like Good, Bad, or yes to htcmodz, but keep SPJ as is as well with no changes because of htzmodz.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:42 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hmmm im not going to vote b/c spj is known for what it is, and to take away the effortfull hard work that went into making this site for what its known for is not a good idea, now i know that making a monopoly(chain) of sites can turn out to be a good idea, but you also have to think about the downside of it, i mean come on, with a good there comes a bad, so whats the bad????/? I mean hey if it comes to decision time and the site reaches a go ahead then im game for it, if I get an invite you know ill bring my knowledge and effort into it also, b/c I for one dont give shit 100%...I give it 110%, b/c its either u do or u dont and if u do it , go all the way with it rite???? We all know that a forum site to be solely for questions and support doesnt thrive or quench ppls thirst for having the best ppc ever,or to make ppl coming back into our community...but my question is..will I be apart of that site lol, i mean come on, its me broski why wouldnt i be invited lol
Old 05-31-2008, 03:44 AM

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

hmmm im not going to vote b/c spj is known for what it is, and to take away the effortfull hard work that went into making this site for what its known for is not a good idea, now i know that making a monopoly(chain) of sites can turn out to be a good idea, but you also have to think about the downside of it, i mean come on, with a good there comes a bad, so whats the bad????/? I mean hey if it comes to decision time and the site reaches a go ahead then im game for it, if I get an invite you know ill bring my knowledge and effort into it also, b/c I for one dont give shit 100%...I give it 110%, b/c its either u do or u dont and if u do it , go all the way with it rite???? We all know that a forum site to be solely for questions and support doesnt thrive or quench ppls thirst for having the best ppc ever,or to make ppl coming back into our community...but my question is..will I be apart of that site lol, i mean come on, its me broski why wouldnt i be invited lol

lol of course you would i think i got it down and all but puertoblack2003 will give more details on this aslo when he gets on..... it will be a hard transition and seem very weird almost inconvenienced to me to have to go to 2 sites and run them both again with puertoblack2003 and all but it might be one of those things where change is good and we have to keep the site from getting seen so much also................ can get in trouble and we dont want puertoblack2003 getting hit for that.....
Old 05-31-2008, 03:46 AM

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

lol of course you would i think i got it down and all but puertoblack2003 will give more details on this aslo when he gets on..... it will be a hard transition and seem very weird almost inconvenienced to me to have to go to 2 sites and run them both again with puertoblack2003 and all but it might be one of those things where change is good and we have to keep the site from getting seen so much also................ can get in trouble and we dont want puertoblack2003 getting hit for that.....
i see.....well then if thats our concern then shit im game, i dont want none of my ppls(all ya) to get in trouble for nothing....if its for safety of all of us especially puertoblack2003 then shit im in bro...I luv u guys to much lol
Old 05-31-2008, 04:09 AM

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

i see.....well then if thats our concern then shit im game, i dont want none of my ppls(all ya) to get in trouble for nothing....if its for safety of all of us especially puertoblack2003 then shit im in bro...I luv u guys to much lol
also i was thinking pb why not make the invite system being for the site as it is now here at spj...... its going to be a bear and stressful thing to keep running both sites. i think integrating the invite system into spj would be a better idea and finding a different use for htcmodz.com........ like an all ringtone site or summtin siunce that is what was wanted in the thread made in the staff area....... im not sure what you think but let us know....
Old 05-31-2008, 05:35 AM
She's BACK
Mobile Model: TP2, Iphone, Cliq
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile, At&t
Mobile OS: 6.1

View simplyput3456's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View simplyput3456's Photo Album Add simplyput3456's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

puertoblack2003 and I have though long and hard about this and have decided to make a change to SPJ. We are adding a sister site!!!!! what does this mean to SPJ though you may ask well heres the 10-4.

1. after beta testing is done and us getting www.htcmodz.com set-up we will NOT be having applications here anymore.
2. SPJ will be a discussion forum only
3. htcmodz will be where all the apps and hacks will be stored
4. SPJ will become alot like ppcgeeks in a way since we will be doing all support here and none of the apps deal
5. To become a member at HTCMODZ once opened you will have to have an invite like demonoid does.
6. Once invited you will have a certain amount of invites a month that you can distribute to others also.

puertoblack2003 and i will keep you all informed of the details or anything that i have left out of the process. any questions feel free to ask and we will get them answered ASAP.

So far over at HTC Modz we have puertoblack2003, Me D/\SH as the high-ups lol and than we have SPJ'S Admin Kaos as a full right admin to help us build the board into something successful along side us. once again any questions feel free to ask and kaos and puertoblack2003 add anythign that you feel should be added to this post. Thanks all for reading and we are taking SPJ into the future at light speed.

EDIT: The reaon we are doing this is to stay clear from legal issues thus the invite system.

Honestly...I agree with smassele. I understand you're trying to find a way to deal with legal issues, but you have to be prepared that SPJ is NOT going to stay the way it is. It won't be the same. People initially only come to spj because they see a youtube video (like myself) or run into spj's myspace page (like myself) and have a friend convo with you & kaos. It was because of you 2 that I even joined spj. But...the MAIN reason coming ws to get APPS!! When I got here...the spirit of spj is what I loved & KEPT me here, if it changes...not sure how much "fun" it will be anymore. I can only speak for myself & I know my reasons are "selfish" but i'm only sharing my personal preference but you guys have to do whats best for you. I love Big C to death..and definitely don't want him to get into any legal trouble so imma ride with you...whatever u decide.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:31 AM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Guys, please understand that what I'm doing will not hurt spj.spj will continue to be what it is i'm sure dash and the crew will still continue to do there thing with there mods and share everything here. The reason i had created htcmodz.com a while back was to make that a modification forum only with the latest roms and specialize software that are not allowed to be posted, for legal reasons.It may be an inconvenience at first but once you get the hang of things it will be like cake.

As of now modz will be a beta stage till i see that all is good and i also see that it will bring htcmodz and spj together as a community.

Now kaos came out with some ideas that will benefit everyone it will not be finalize till all admin at modz agrees.

modz will not be a premium board i will assure you that all current vip members when it time to announce of the opening will be the first invites.

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

well its not decided 100% yet..i may bring guys over i may not are plans are to have other community groups to join htcmodz and share with us. so they will have first preference. Its to early now to make a solid statement being that the board is not 100% complete but notices will be posted in staff area.

will have to double check with pb but my understandings are that they will be coming over with us with the same rankings.....
yea dash when we have time we will discuss this further but are main concern is the board setup.

ok we arent going to have invites for at l;east a month or so until we get everythign figured out. i just wanted to make you all aware and see what you all thought of the idea.......
thanks

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

I think its a good idea in the long run; i think we should still post the software as topics in the forums of SPJ, however its cool to have the programs and everything all by themselves on a website without the clutter.
yes that was my intention and thanks for pointing that out. and a better idea we still be posting proggys here maybe just the title and the proggy over at modz....dont know yet we still need more discussion to satisfy the members here and make them happy and at modz.

it wont be much of an impact to be honest but if we offer free services to out members then they will have to take an extra step.If i was a member i would have taken that extra step to just pimp my phone out.And it will take the team to help out.

also i was thinking pb why not make the invite system being for the site as it is now here at spj...... its going to be a bear and stressful thing to keep running both sites. i think integrating the invite system into spj would be a better idea and finding a different use for htcmodz.com........ like an all ringtone site or summtin siunce that is what was wanted in the thread made in the staff area....... im not sure what you think but let us know....
lol..kaos ask me about it a ringtone at modz..lol i didnt have any problem having it here.Just i didnt want to see it clutter like the way tigerz set it up.

Just create a thread for example: MP3, WAv, PLOY, ans so on.and in the posting create a title like "JOE BLEW" SONG: suck me baby all night and that will be in the mp3 section or what ever ext. it is.

“ Originally Posted by simplyput3456 View Post

Honestly...I agree with smassele. I understand you're trying to find a way to deal with legal issues, but you have to be prepared that SPJ is NOT going to stay the way it is. It won't be the same. People initially only come to spj because they see a youtube video (like myself) or run into spj's myspace page (like myself) and have a friend convo with you & kaos. It was because of you 2 that I even joined spj. But...the MAIN reason coming ws to get APPS!! When I got here...the spirit of spj is what I loved & KEPT me here, if it changes...not sure how much "fun" it will be anymore. I can only speak for myself & I know my reasons are "selfish" but i'm only sharing my personal preference but you guys have to do whats best for you. I love Big C to death..and definitely don't want him to get into any legal trouble so imma ride with you...whatever u decide.
hey NeNa, spj will always be the same nothing big or drastic will change just minor stuff, To you guys sounds big but when all is done you'll be like WOW that was it...We will inform everyone on how it will work once its finalize..

"Big C"

Old 05-31-2008, 08:24 AM
Mobile Model: 8925 and 3G Iphone
Mobile Carrier: AT&T

View rico002's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View rico002's Photo Album Add rico002's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i have faith in spj and in the staff here but i didnt vote cuz i feel that spj is known already for having the latest apps and software (ithnk) and i feel that spj will be somewhat lost in translation, if u will. also will these invites be given by the staff or do we have ask and then u guys will decide....but u guys do wut u guys gotta do
Old 05-31-2008, 09:24 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Believe me guys what puertoblack2003 is doing is in the best interest of all of us.what you don't realize there are certain software manufactures that we can't post cause of sad to say spys.Well htcmodz will be well trusted people.So then the good stuff comes out...lol btw everyone take a hint from puertoblack2003 last post thats how you reply to multiple post.not create a sting on 5 post in a row doing it...*cough cough*. Some ideas may fly and may not.All in if we (puertoblack2003,Dash,& Myself) can agree on those and implement them to their effectiveness.But rest assured it will be a off the chain site maybe even some pc stuff relating to ppc.Don't quote me on this another idea i threw out.may go may not.But rest assured it will be a cool site. Now I had a idea for you simplyput were going to have a contest to see who best banner maker is...you and D_mysterio make us a banner winner gets a invite...lol CATFIGHT!!!!!
Old 05-31-2008, 10:56 AM
Mobile Model: PPC 6700/Apache; PPC 6800/Mogul

View Silent Assasin's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Silent Assasin's Photo Album Add Silent Assasin's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

This site has been a great find. I concurr with the fear that this change in the site may loose some of it's luster like PPCGeek; but in the end, you guys are the ones that are putting yourselves out there for the benefit of all of us to reap the rewards without fear of reprisals.

A site goes down due to a suit from a company/manufacturer, members just search around for a similar site, whereas the targets of those suits have to deal with the financial if not harsher penalties.

And what do you have to look forward too, people complaining that you are not responding quick enough to their questions or no one helping them with their problems. You guys provide a service that NONE of the phone companies provide and for that I thank you!

My other fear is that I only found this site recently. I have only recently entered the modding phones arena and I found PPCGeeks, via a Wikipedia breakdown of phone setup. I saw the famous DASH mods of Youtube and was hooked. Will members who only recenly found this site be excluded from an invite to the sister site due to lack of it posts/ranking?
Old 05-31-2008, 11:06 AM

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Silent Assasin View Post

Will members who only recently found this site be excluded from an invite to the sister site due to lack of it posts/ranking?

its really a touchie question.But the way it may work is the initial batch we the admins invite will only be dedicated more active members.Say a post requirement is set.so first batch we invite would be users say 100 to even 500 post required here at spj to be invited..then after that those users get invites.So then the members decide who comes.But like demonoid. Leechers and all around trouble makers could come back on the inviter.So basically.We want htcmodz to aim towards the moderate to experienced user.don't get me wrong spj is still here and will remain here for users that are newer and require assistance.This will be more of a holding tank.So to speak for our stuff and goodies.

“ Originally Posted by Silent Assasin View Post

This site has been a great find. I concur with the fear that this change in the site may loose some of it's luster like PPCGeek; but in the end, you guys are
No worrys all will be fine.We are not going to lose all hope on our newer members.After all we all start somewhere. Myself & even tigerz and other staff can agree with that.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:43 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint TP

View sracercelica's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sracercelica's Photo Album Add sracercelica's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

So will this new site only be a place to download apps? or will we be able to discuss issues regarding those apps there? or do we download over there and then any issues we discuss here??

Im all for it if its for legal safety........ I would rather have two sites than SPJ be shut down because of some legal bullshit
Old 05-31-2008, 12:45 PM

“ Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post

So will this new site only be a place to download apps? or will we be able to discuss issues regarding those apps there? or do we download over there and then any issues we discuss here??

Im all for it if its for legal safety........ I would rather have two sites than SPJ be shut down because of some legal bullshit
were still setting up bro.Can't really give you a straight answer on that yet....We won't even be open for at least a month to others...
Old 05-31-2008, 02:35 PM
She's BACK
Mobile Model: TP2, Iphone, Cliq
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile, At&t

View simplyput3456's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View simplyput3456's Photo Album Add simplyput3456's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

Believe me guys what puertoblack2003 is doing is in the best interest of all of us.what you don't realize there are certain software manufactures that we can't post cause of sad to say spys.Well htcmodz will be well trusted people.So then the good stuff comes out...lol btw everyone take a hint from puertoblack2003 last post thats how you reply to multiple post.not create a sting on 5 post in a row doing it...*cough cough*. Some ideas may fly and may not.All in if we (puertoblack2003,Dash,& Myself) can agree on those and implement them to their effectiveness.But rest assured it will be a off the chain site maybe even some pc stuff relating to ppc.Don't quote me on this another idea i threw out.may go may not.But rest assured it will be a cool site. Now I had a idea for you simplyput were going to have a contest to see who best banner maker is...you and D_mysterio make us a banner winner gets a invite...lol CATFIGHT!!!!!
Not to toot my own horn..but I would KRUSH D!! I love u girl!! But imma beast!!! and don't let my lack of signature animations fool you...lol I can kick serious azz in those too! *looks around for D & hides * (Just joking my sista)

***Putting on my war paint...LET'S DO THIS!!!***

Old 05-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View thegameksk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View thegameksk's Photo Album Add thegameksk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I think this is a good idea. Legally this is a way to prevent SPJ from getting shut down. Im sure the owners and mod wory about the site getting shut down and im sure the companies know about this site and are trying to find ways to shut it down. At first it will be a change especially with not everybody being able to join the newsite but hopefully in time invites can be given to the majority of people.
Old 05-31-2008, 03:55 PM

“ Originally Posted by thegameksk View Post

I think this is a good idea. Legally this is a way to prevent SPJ from getting shut down. Im sure the owners and mod wory about the site getting shut down and im sure the companies know about this site and are trying to find ways to shut it down. At first it will be a change especially with not everybody being able to join the newsite but hopefully in time invites can be given to the majority of people.
yea think of itthis way too wewill have most of the apps here and all an still bereleasing them here toth members. the apps tatwont be released here are the ones that the developers are picky like per say face contacts and others. those will be able to be posted at htcmodz on top of otherstff from my understanding..... im still in the cloud here myself onthis who thing so sorry i cant be of more help.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:31 PM

hmmmm, ok now im getting the jist of things, so like apps such as face contacts as to the owner didnt want us to make a crack of it, and pocketcm was kinda picky of us posting a cab file onto this site and roms.....those are the ones that will be posted on htcmodz??? and the rest will be here??? Im just concerned on the maintenance on the other site aswell being that we spent hours posting apps, answering questions, and modding this board alone, I mean wouldnt it be harder? and also needles to say what is a site without interaction with our members going to be like, and how can staff going to be able to keep up with the posted cabs, or exes, or rom links??...remember the members let us know when a link goes down and they give us our support and makes us staff keep coming back and helping them and keep feeding them with added information to strive to make our phones the best....and make this site the best.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:31 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View Hockeyfan05's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Hockeyfan05's Photo Album Add Hockeyfan05's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I hope this doesnt make smartphonejunkie a ghost town
Old 05-31-2008, 05:44 PM

“ Originally Posted by Hockeyfan05 View Post

I hope this doesnt make smartphonejunkie a ghost town
OK ALL THIS IS HOW IT IS GONNABE AS OF NOW!!!!! ( I WILL PUT THIS INTHE FIRST POST!!!!!!!!!!

but ince we have got all this feedack form you all we decided to keep spj the way that it is and use htcmodz as a ringtone and video place site!!!! so for any mobile videos and ringtones you can go ove there and get them easily.... the board will be hacked with a wy to preview the rngtones befroe you download and than of course the vidoes and slider sounds....... so this will give us a nice media edge on the gme without effecting SPJ what-so-ever thansk for the imput guyz and it s nice to see how uch you all really do love spj........ we will update when more info becomes available.

Thanks
D/\SH
Site Co-Founder
Old 05-31-2008, 05:44 PM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ok guys this is the deal we will postphone this till further notice.And consider you concern and somehow get a work around this.

for now the thread will be close till either koas or dash reopen with new news.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:46 PM
OG Member

sorry dash didnt know you post back open

Old 05-31-2008, 05:50 PM

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

sorry dash didnt know you post back open
lol barely beat ya to it prolly wastypingat the same time i was presing sunbmit..... that seems to happen alot sinceim ooooo lightning fast around here lol
Old 05-31-2008, 05:51 PM
OG Member

lol barely beat ya to it prolly wastypingat the same time i was presing sunbmit..... that seems to happen alot sinceim ooooo lightning fast around here lol
hahaha ok bro

Old 05-31-2008, 06:09 PM

yesssssssssssssssssssss thats the way to go about it, htcmodz for videos and slider sounds and ringtones and a preview of the sounds before download, and have like wm player, quicktime player also sort of like on amazon.com
Old 05-31-2008, 10:23 PM
The Man with the Plan!

they are not breaking any laws because they are not offering the actual data but link only to other places or peers that contain the infringing material. Fair use is a doctrine in United States copyright law that allows limited use of copyrighted material without requiring permission from the rights holders, such as use for scholarship or review. It provides for the legal, non-licensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test. It is based on free speech rights provided by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Old 05-31-2008, 10:34 PM
OG Member

yes that is fine and dandy, but there's more to it.Once i receive a notice from the author of said script or program to remove any materials that pertains to him/her from the site.I have to honor it and removed them.So future law suit wont take place.

Now this is the tricky part.They will allow me to post any materials that can be purchased or just anything monitory, but i would have to have a redirect link to there site.

Now you know dam well that anything you guys get you hands on here, it not paid for..its either cracked or someone decided to share with us.

So thats why i made the program section private and members have to join the group to view. Which in some since i can be protected because it private not public.

they are not breaking any laws because they are not offering the actual data but link only to other places or peers that contain the infringing material. Fair use is a doctrine in United States copyright law that allows limited use of copyrighted material without requiring permission from the rights holders, such as use for scholarship or review. It provides for the legal, non-licensed citation or incorporation of copyrighted material in another author's work under a four-factor balancing test. It is based on free speech rights provided by the First Amendment to the United States Constitution.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:32 PM
The Man with the Plan!

well I will always be here to support...I don't mind the idea of htcmodz...but I would love for SPJ to stay totally the same as well, guess I gotta wait and see what happens...

Old 06-01-2008, 01:19 AM

well I will always be here to support...I don't mind the idea of htcmodz...but I would love for SPJ to stay totally the same as well, guess I gotta wait and see what happens...
well as said earlier it is going tp stay and we are going top go with the ringtones slider and moviers for htcmodz.com
Old 06-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Mobile Model: PPC 6700/Apache; PPC 6800/Mogul

View Silent Assasin's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Silent Assasin's Photo Album Add Silent Assasin's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Glad to hear it will stay status quo for now. This will give me a chance to increase my rankings and make contributions when my limited knowledge is applicable.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
resulting, sister, site, spj