Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-28-2008, 08:23 AM
Tugboat Tugboat is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Tugboat's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Tugboat's Photo Album Add Tugboat's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Mogul price drop???

Once the Raphael hits the streets and iPhone is once again undercut, do you'll think that the Mogul will have much of a price drop? I mean it is currently a pricey phone after a small price reductions, but once it goes from being the top dawg to the ex-champ, will it become the hottest bargain bin phone? I mean are we going to see Sprint giving these things out to new customers next year? I have to admit, the Raphael is a smoking hot phone, but someone walking in the door, not a new customer, but looking for a new phone sees a Mogul for $200 and a Raphael for $600... I don't know how well the sells might be until it makes a name for itself.

Old 05-28-2008, 09:42 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint TP
Mobile OS: 6.1

View sracercelica's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sracercelica's Photo Album Add sracercelica's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Mogul price drop???

It will probably get a big price drop and be discontinued. Sprint will want to get the Raphael and Diamond out to as many people as posible to compete with the iphone and att.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:55 PM

View Tugboat's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Tugboat's Photo Album Add Tugboat's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post

It will probably get a big price drop and be discontinued. Sprint will want to get the Raphael and Diamond out to as many people as posible to compete with the iphone and att.
I can understand that, but doesn't the Mogul and Touch already compete with the iPhone and AT&t? A lot of people I know have phones like the Mogul and only one has an iPhone. I guess my friends are just smarter than the majority of the US... or at least I would like to think like that.

Old 05-28-2008, 02:07 PM

View sracercelica's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sracercelica's Photo Album Add sracercelica's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i dont believe the mogul is marketed to compete with the iphone, they market it more towarda business people. i see the diamond as sprint and HTC's direct competitor to the iphone.
Old 05-28-2008, 03:43 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Tugboat View Post

I can understand that, but doesn't the Mogul and Touch already compete with the iPhone and AT&t? A lot of people I know have phones like the Mogul and only one has an iPhone. I guess my friends are just smarter than the majority of the US... or at least I would like to think like that.
yea but Sprint wont push those Moguls and Touchs because the RAPHAEL AND DIAMOND replacements for them. If you would find a mogul for cheap it wont be in a sprint store. LoL!

Old 05-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

yea but Sprint wont push those Moguls and Touchs because the RAPHAEL AND DIAMOND replacements for them. If you would find a mogul for cheap it wont be in a sprint store. LoL!
lol for sure since they are the replacements for the mogul and the touch they will be discontinued after prolly 6 months or so of the diamond and raphael being released. Why you ask? becasue noteveryone is going to want to carry around a vga sized device on their hips or pocket...... tey will keep the qvga sized scren devies like the touch and mogul for a while if you ask me.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:45 PM

So now here is the big question... I have in hand the money to buy my mogul and become a true smartphonejunkie. Do I go buy a Mogul now? I mean I could wait til The Rapheal comes out and get it, but thats so far off and I want one now. Does anyone have any idea what kinda price the new vga phone might run? If its going to be like the Mogul when it first hit the market, I don't know what to do. I might wait for one of those. But if the new one is going to be almost a $1000 I rather get my the Mogul and wait for a year for a good price drop.

Old 06-05-2008, 12:55 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

So now here is the big question... I have in hand the money to buy my mogul and become a true smartphonejunkie. Do I go buy a Mogul now? I mean I could wait til The Rapheal comes out and get it, but thats so far off and I want one now. Does anyone have any idea what kinda price the new vga phone might run? If its going to be like the Mogul when it first hit the market, I don't know what to do. I might wait for one of those. But if the new one is going to be almost a $1000 I rather get my the Mogul and wait for a year for a good price drop.
moguls are gonna run you around 250 new on ebay or somewhere in that ballpark at theis present time. and when theraphael comes out your looking at a price tag around 699.99-799.99 max with any extension or new contract.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:28 AM

Oaky, well then how much, if any much more, do you think that Mogul will drop in price once it is out dated and begins to ge phased out? I mean you talking four months. If I hold out for a $150 Mogul, I would be happy. If you think the price now is the bottom price or pretty close to it... then I will go ahead and pick one up.

Old 06-07-2008, 01:48 AM

Oaky, well then how much, if any much more, do you think that Mogul will drop in price once it is out dated and begins to ge phased out? I mean you talking four months. If I hold out for a $150 Mogul, I would be happy. If you think the price now is the bottom price or pretty close to it... then I will go ahead and pick one up.
no wont drop that low for years guarnteed especailly with the rev a and the gps..... the apache after 4 years is still selling for round 100.....i cant see the mogul going for less than 175 after 4 years,
Old 06-07-2008, 07:17 AM

"In D/\sh we trust!" My Mogul is on the way.

Old 06-07-2008, 10:51 AM

i actually got my used mogul for $150 but i just go realy lucky! the guy who sold it to me on craigslist looked like he was loaded (driving a CL 500) and had only had it for like two weeks. he showed me the build date and everything. thats the last time i have ever and will ever see one for that low.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:59 PM

Well I didn't get my that cheap, but I got mine new off ebay for $265 shipped so I'm happy.

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
drop, mogul, price