Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC performance

“ Originally Posted by fuzzydeer View Post

Im not saying this app doesnt work it just doesnt work with the qualicom processors. People should also keep in mind that many tweaks are made to the registry either manully or by other performance applications that will make the phone run way faster (take your glyph cache and allow for 4 or 8 times more and turn off the clicking for srolling and you have some super fast and smooth scrolling of icons) Many of these tweaks are made by the user of there newly installed programs at near the same time that they instal htc performance. this is likley where you extra speed is coming from.
dude trust me it does work for most of us..... has been tested and proven to work though. but we all have our own opinions and all and we will take it at that
Old 03-26-2008, 02:33 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I can concur that the app works for SURE!!!!. Once application is overclocked to 520 or 640 or whatever the numbers are you will see a significant difference immediatley in proccessing speed. To prove it, uninstall the application and go to the file explorer and seehow long it takes to open the windows folder on your device. Then install the app...overclock to whatever you want to, soft reset and access the windows folder directory and you will see the difference in speed. PROOF!!!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:26 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch (Okta)

View MattOktaNZ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MattOktaNZ's Photo Album Add MattOktaNZ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm still on the fence as to whether it works or not.

As for the windows test.. I have stock rom, show all files turned on and \Windows still opens within 5-10secs tops.. with htc perf off and on

<hmm> will try again as I didn't soft reset after changing clock speed, and I may have been testing with resco explorer.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:19 PM
Mobile Model: 8925 (tilt)

View SUPURMAN0805's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View SUPURMAN0805's Photo Album Add SUPURMAN0805's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC* Performance (overclocking)

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

i got it on my touch and mogul under start/settings/system/performance so dont know why you all are having troubles.
i have the 8925 where do i got to find this program to configure it
Old 03-26-2008, 10:26 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by SUPURMAN0805 View Post

i have the 8925 where do i got to find this program to configure it
your kidding right???? try reading through the thread instead of psoting and it is throughout here many times.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:07 AM
Mobile Model: htc sprint touch

View djrix's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View djrix's Photo Album Add djrix's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yes alot quicker, wonder how the battery will last now
any fixes for the touch going to sleep and not awaking to a phone call?
Old 03-27-2008, 01:31 AM

“ Originally Posted by djrix View Post

yes alot quicker, wonder how the battery will last now
any fixes for the touch going to sleep and not awaking to a phone call?
no not that i know of and the battery has no difference in the months that i have used this.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:18 AM
Mobile Model: htc sprint touch

View djrix's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View djrix's Photo Album Add djrix's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ok cool, hate to get off subject but the pocket cm 18 or .15 , whats the proper way to close it , i dont see a close button on it , i ususally just click at the top of it , to get out of that screen , please let me know
also weather for the touch , how do u set the location on the default , htc home
organizer is not working for me
much thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 09:01 AM
kaos kaos is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by djrix View Post

ok cool, hate to get off subject but the pocket cm 18 or .15 , whats the proper way to close it , i dont see a close button on it , i ususally just click at the top of it , to get out of that screen , please let me know
also weather for the touch , how do u set the location on the default , htc home
organizer is not working for me
much thanks
dude this thread is for htc performance.not what your asking please post in correct threads...
Old 04-04-2008, 07:23 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul 6800

View fmfisdead's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fmfisdead's Photo Album Add fmfisdead's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

So check it right, I have a battery question. And yes I've read through the whole entire thread.

I've been testing this for about a week now and it seems like my battery dies a lot quicker under heavier use. Basically I know that it is like a smart clocker and powers it down when idling and stuff like that but will it kill the battery faster when the phone is under constant use?

Like doing the same exact activity over the same exact time with the different clocking speeds you will see absolutely no battery difference?
Old 04-04-2008, 07:27 PM

“ Originally Posted by fmfisdead View Post

So check it right, I have a battery question. And yes I've read through the whole entire thread.

I've been testing this for about a week now and it seems like my battery dies a lot quicker under heavier use. Basically I know that it is like a smart clocker and powers it down when idling and stuff like that but will it kill the battery faster when the phone is under constant use?

Like doing the same exact activity over the same exact time with the different clocking speeds you will see absolutely no battery difference?
i dont have any problems with the battery dieing faster under heavy use with it being overclocked. are you making sure that you close all programs through a task manager??? are you locking the phone before you shut the screen off???
Old 04-04-2008, 07:34 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul 6800

View fmfisdead's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fmfisdead's Photo Album Add fmfisdead's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Sometimes I do forget to close programs down, so I guess technically that would destroy my battery wouldn't it? And yes I use slide to unlock so the phone isn't calling anyone. Which is was doing for awhile. Thanks for always having a snappy response dash, your the man.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Mobile Model: Vogue

View alpha_omega's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View alpha_omega's Photo Album Add alpha_omega's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Just gave this a try and it went pretty smoothly. I had to do a soft reset before it would come up in my settings also. Changed it and hopefully I'll see a big difference.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:09 PM

“ Originally Posted by alpha_omega View Post

Just gave this a try and it went pretty smoothly. I had to do a soft reset before it would come up in my settings also. Changed it and hopefully I'll see a big difference.
you will trust me. keep us updated on how it is working for you
Old 04-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch (Sprint)

View g00se's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View g00se's Photo Album Add g00se's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I installed it on my Sprint HTC Touch. After the required soft reset, I see the performance tab. Changed it to be dynamic and 624mhz. I notice absolutely zero difference on this phone. I even did another soft reset and still no difference. I'll give it some more work-in time to see if it's just me, but so far I'm disappointed. Here's my ROM info:

ROM: 1.12.651.1
ROM date: 09/18/07
Radio Version: 2.13.00

oh well... it was worth a try..
Old 04-11-2008, 08:30 PM

“ Originally Posted by g00se View Post

I installed it on my Sprint HTC Touch. After the required soft reset, I see the performance tab. Changed it to be dynamic and 624mhz. I notice absolutely zero difference on this phone. I even did another soft reset and still no difference. I'll give it some more work-in time to see if it's just me, but so far I'm disappointed. Here's my ROM info:

ROM: 1.12.651.1
ROM date: 09/18/07
Radio Version: 2.13.00

oh well... it was worth a try..
ive noticed from the details in this thread it works for around 80% of the people and not for 20%. i wonder if it hass somethign to do with the build date.
Old 04-12-2008, 03:48 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint touch DIAMOND
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 5.0

View omarnova's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View omarnova's Photo Album Add omarnova's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i also have it all set up and perfact and it is running well but i dont see the difference
Old 05-15-2008, 08:05 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul PPC6800SP

View DOHCDragon's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DOHCDragon's Photo Album Add DOHCDragon's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this app installs easy, runs perfectly and does so much. if you have any question try any emulator before and after. wow. thanks again for this awsome app.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:30 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View ha7332's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ha7332's Photo Album Add ha7332's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Will there be a version for the GSM Touch? Its kinda sad that only cdma users can use it. i have the GSM version and after installing it just doesnt appear in the system folder. any hope guys?
Old 05-15-2008, 11:35 PM

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by ha7332 View Post

Will there be a version for the GSM Touch? Its kinda sad that only cdma users can use it. i have the GSM version and after installing it just doesnt appear in the system folder. any hope guys?
did you check the start/settings/system/performance.. thats where it would be.. if not there is one called Watch Dog... Hi the thanks button!

Old 05-17-2008, 09:34 PM
Mobile Model: sprint mogul

View john80hotkey's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View john80hotkey's Photo Album Add john80hotkey's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I also noticed a difference when I applied and ran the performance cab, small but noticable increase in responsiveness @ 520 but a large increase in performance @ 624 overall I'm happy with it
Old 05-27-2008, 01:07 AM

View jhavok21's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jhavok21's Photo Album Add jhavok21's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Wow.

Just put it on the Touch, and in the few minutes i've had it, it seems to be performing quite a bit better. SprintTv and WMP don't take forever to open/close.

Thanks.

(i also hit the button, would have done so twice if i could. But since i can't you get that)
Old 05-27-2008, 01:10 AM

“ Originally Posted by jhavok21 View Post

Wow.

Just put it on the Touch, and in the few minutes i've had it, it seems to be performing quite a bit better. SprintTv and WMP don't take forever to open/close.

Thanks.

(i also hit the button, would have done so twice if i could. But since i can't you get that)
thanks man glad you enjoy it!

Old 06-18-2008, 01:17 AM
Mobile Model: htc 6800

View swissxi's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View swissxi's Photo Album Add swissxi's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

If you are having issues with the program using the ppc 6800 do a hard reset and it will appear in the menu.

Remember it's windows!! Rebooting fixes everything@@@
Old 06-18-2008, 01:39 AM

“ Originally Posted by swissxi View Post

If you are having issues with the program using the ppc 6800 do a hard reset and it will appear in the menu.

Remember it's windows!! Rebooting fixes everything@@@
woa not a hard reset a soft reset lol
Old 06-18-2008, 01:54 AM
Mobile Model: htc 6800

View swissxi's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View swissxi's Photo Album Add swissxi's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I tried a soft but no luck, so i went with the only other choice.. it seemed to kick in. hard is or is not taking out the battery? make sure i am on the right track
Old 06-18-2008, 02:28 AM

“ Originally Posted by swissxi View Post

I tried a soft but no luck, so i went with the only other choice.. it seemed to kick in. hard is or is not taking out the battery? make sure i am on the right track
no thats just taking the battery out. a hard is returning the phone back to factory settings all the way so it looks just as it did when you took it out of the box..... you do that by pressing the two soft keys and than soft resetting at the same time.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:51 PM

View tcatnat's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tcatnat's Photo Album Add tcatnat's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Is anyone running this on the new Sprint Vougue 6.1 ROM thatwas leaked last week? It's suppsed to be an official ROM due out shortly but someone mentioned at PPCGeeks that it does not work on WM 6.1.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:58 PM

“ Originally Posted by tcatnat View Post

Is anyone running this on the new Sprint Vougue 6.1 ROM thatwas leaked last week? It's suppsed to be an official ROM due out shortly but someone mentioned at PPCGeeks that it does not work on WM 6.1.
im running on that erom right now and it does make a difference for sure.....
Old 06-29-2008, 04:16 PM

View tcatnat's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View tcatnat's Photo Album Add tcatnat's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks Dash istalling now. Ran great under WM 6.0.
Old 06-29-2008, 04:42 PM

“ Originally Posted by tcatnat View Post

Thanks Dash istalling now. Ran great under WM 6.0.
no problem bro be sure to hit the thanks button.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Mobile Model: xv6900

View vblbros's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View vblbros's Photo Album Add vblbros's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

has this program been tested with the qualcomm processor?
i've been doing a little research and that there has been no program as of yet that can overclock the qualcomm processor
-sorry for the long message
Old 07-11-2008, 09:28 PM

“ Originally Posted by vblbros View Post

has this program been tested with the qualcomm processor?
i've been doing a little research and that there has been no program as of yet that can overclock the qualcomm processor
-sorry for the long message
there is another one called Watchdog Performance. not sure if we have it. but google it! It should make the phone run smoother! Qualcomm chip cant be overclocked yet.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:20 AM
Mobile Model: Touch PRO SUCKA
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View blkhairguy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blkhairguy's Photo Album Add blkhairguy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

works great.... hell yeah thanks
Old 08-05-2008, 11:20 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Hero, TP2, TOUR

View iTouch24's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iTouch24's Photo Album Add iTouch24's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i hope i aint missing anything... i have the new sprint rom installed on htc vogue cdma... i activated application and checked off 624 for cpu speed... reset device .... opened the windows folder and the animation cursor stays the same... goes around 5 times until the windows folder opens.... ??

i have the application called battery status and it shows cpu speed for 300mhz ... why doesnt it show the 624 ....
Old 08-05-2008, 02:32 PM

“ Originally Posted by iTouch24 View Post

i hope i aint missing anything... i have the new sprint rom installed on htc vogue cdma... i activated application and checked off 624 for cpu speed... reset device .... opened the windows folder and the animation cursor stays the same... goes around 5 times until the windows folder opens.... ??

i have the application called battery status and it shows cpu speed for 300mhz ... why doesnt it show the 624 ....
it will not change the NUMBERS physically. Secondly, Uncheck the performance and check the windows folder. the icon will spin more then 5 times. The htc performance is designed to FOOL THE CPU and run at 624MHZ, not physically change the numbers. You will not see 624 anywhere but in the app itself! Yes performance app does work and does make a difference!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2008, 03:03 PM

View iTouch24's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iTouch24's Photo Album Add iTouch24's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

right now i have it disabled and reset phone...

went to file explorer (app that came with phone) ... opened windows folder... waiting cursor spun 5 times then everything loaded up ...?

when i enable at 624 same thing.. is there another way i can test ...
Old 08-05-2008, 11:07 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch (Okta)

View MattOktaNZ's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MattOktaNZ's Photo Album Add MattOktaNZ's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

It simply doesn't work.. all the top dogs of this site say it does but it simply doesn't work on the qualcomm processor. Benchmark tools and even tcpmp's benchmarker show no difference - it might be 'fooling the os or whateva but if there is no discernable speed increase it ain't working. The watch the windows color wheel is not a test (and doesn't make any diff)
Old 08-06-2008, 08:03 PM

“ Originally Posted by MattOktaNZ View Post

It simply doesn't work.. all the top dogs of this site say it does but it simply doesn't work on the qualcomm processor. Benchmark tools and even tcpmp's benchmarker show no difference - it might be 'fooling the os or whateva but if there is no discernable speed increase it ain't working. The watch the windows color wheel is not a test (and doesn't make any diff)
it does make a difference we have debated this over and over trust me it does open the windows folder before asnd after install.... way faster.
Old 08-12-2008, 11:31 AM
Mobile Model: XM6800
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View jmorton10's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jmorton10's Photo Album Add jmorton10's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

WOW, this app/hack works super!!

This is my first post here, I have a VERY HIGHLY customized Verizon XV6800 & it was taking FOREVER to open the Windows folder.

Now, the Win folder opens almost instantly........

Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou...........

~John
Old 08-12-2008, 11:41 AM

dam i wish i knew why this doesnt work on my htc cdma sprint touch ...
Old 08-13-2008, 02:47 AM

dam i wish i knew why this doesnt work on my htc cdma sprint touch ...
it will if you set it up correctly and how am i supposed to help if you dont give details.... you enabled it and selected your processor speeds correct?
Old 08-13-2008, 09:52 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Diamond

View CODKill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CODKill's Photo Album Add CODKill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I've been running this since late January and its always worked flawlessly. It does make a difference. Opening the windows folder isn't the only way to check if it has increased or not, that's probably not even a good way to check at all. The CPU is not always the bottleneck in performance. Run an actual CPU performance benchmark; Sktools has one built in. I have mine set to run at 520mhz and everytime I run a test it says im running equivalent to 524mhz and I can tell.

The Following User Says Thank You to CODKill For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2008, 01:22 AM
**formerly chris101**
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile OS: 6.1

View BiohaZard's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiohaZard's Photo Album Add BiohaZard's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by CODKill View Post

I've been running this since late January and its always worked flawlessly. It does make a difference. Opening the windows folder isn't the only way to check if it has increased or not, that's probably not even a good way to check at all. The CPU is not always the bottleneck in performance. Run an actual CPU performance benchmark; Sktools has one built in. I have mine set to run at 520mhz and everytime I run a test it says im running equivalent to 524mhz and I can tell.
granted - it may not be the best way(talking about opening the windows folder), but it's a good way for the everyday user to be able to see the difference..not everyone has sktools installed...however, your input is appreciated...
The Following User Says Thank You to BiohaZard For This Useful Post:
Old 08-14-2008, 07:38 AM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

it will if you set it up correctly and how am i supposed to help if you dont give details.... you enabled it and selected your processor speeds correct?
whoops .... ya i have it enabled and i have 624 Mhz selected ... reset phone... go to file explorer and hit windows folder and the animated wait cursor spins 9 times before the folder opens ....i also tried 524 Mhz .. same response... i deactivated the option... reset phone ... followed same process above and the animated wait cursor still spins 9 times before the folder opens ....
HTC touch vogue, sprint, WM 6.1 ... new official sprint ROM
Old 08-14-2008, 07:51 AM
Mobile Model: ppc6800

View peterlang's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View peterlang's Photo Album Add peterlang's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

for some reason mines won't open at all...I have to use sktools to delete file explorer history so I can go to other folders. just weird because it wasn't working before. I was wondering if htc performance was causin this.
Old 08-14-2008, 02:57 PM

whoops .... ya i have it enabled and i have 624 Mhz selected ... reset phone... go to file explorer and hit windows folder and the animated wait cursor spins 9 times before the folder opens ....i also tried 524 Mhz .. same response... i deactivated the option... reset phone ... followed same process above and the animated wait cursor still spins 9 times before the folder opens ....
HTC touch vogue, sprint, WM 6.1 ... new official sprint ROM
works fine on all custom ones on the stock it doesnt work since sprint messed and changed the registry some.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:29 PM

can u recommend a custom rom that is close to the sprint one i guess...

which one are u using ....

i think i can back up phone with spb backup then update rom then update my apps on new ROM with spb backup

there must be a noob unlock ... rom update thread.. haha
Old 08-14-2008, 04:12 PM
**formerly chris101**
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile OS: 6.1

View BiohaZard's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiohaZard's Photo Album Add BiohaZard's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

refer to D/\SH's signature, nuff said?
Old 08-14-2008, 04:14 PM

can u recommend a custom rom that is close to the sprint one i guess...

which one are u using ....

i think i can back up phone with spb backup then update rom then update my apps on new ROM with spb backup

there must be a noob unlock ... rom update thread.. haha
yeah look in my signature in the first post of a thread i started........ many in the apps area..... and for the touch use jews dade county rom the best out there anywhere!!!!
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
htc, performance