Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: SkyFire Browser Beats the Pants Off the iPhone -- No Foolin'

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

word, skyfire is the shiznit, i cant get my hands off it, the download speed is amazing....
check this and dont hate lol:
lol nice bro taking the new screenshot app i posted and putting to use huh.
Old 05-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

lol nice bro taking the new screenshot app i posted and putting to use huh.
yea i couldnt find one that isnt exe, nu2 66 rom has a major issue installing exe files but he says he is gona get that knocked out on 67.....and screenshot app is freakin awesome
Old 05-17-2008, 12:29 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul/Sprint Touch

View AL_CAPONE_X3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View AL_CAPONE_X3's Photo Album Add AL_CAPONE_X3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ROFLMAO but you have to go to www.skyfire.com and sign up for the beta and wait for them to send you the program through text message

lol wat?

its true even if u go to sign up for it dont mean ur getting it. or going get it anytime soon lol.

thats why i said the way you get it is either your lucky or your not lol

Old 05-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View stealth-twinturbo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View stealth-twinturbo's Photo Album Add stealth-twinturbo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I got my skyfire beta last week and i still think its kinda slow and buggy in my opinion its not as smooth as i would like but, its nice, features are great but needs video drivers and also needs to be less laggy and faster and much smoother then i would be much happier.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Tilt
Mobile Carrier: ATT
Mobile OS: 6.1

View MarkAtHome's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MarkAtHome's Photo Album Add MarkAtHome's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I haven't gotten my invite yet (it's overdue!), but am anxious to look at it. Does anyone know whether its speed is due to use its own servers, a la Opera Mini? That should be a concern to anyone exchanging info such as log-ins, bank info, etc., no? I'm currently using Opera Mobile for that reason.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:38 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

got my skyfire invite finally today.Very cool I am liking it...
Old 05-22-2008, 10:59 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Tilt/HTC TyTN II
Mobile Carrier: At&t

View Andy65OU's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Andy65OU's Photo Album Add Andy65OU's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I got mine today too, and like it a lot so far.. I easily like it better than the Opera that's out right now...

Old 05-23-2008, 12:11 AM
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View (K)rebel's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View (K)rebel's Photo Album Add (K)rebel's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Finally! I got my beta, but it is a little slower then I was expecting and there are really no settings other then history and cookies. Its very cool it see in browser videos, but they play pretty choppy.

Im using both Opera 9 and Skyfire, I think I will keep it that way for a bit. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:17 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by (K)rebel View Post

Finally! I got my beta, but it is a little slower then I was expecting and there are really no settings other then history and cookies. Its very cool it see in browser videos, but they play pretty choppy.

Im using both Opera 9 and Skyfire, I think I will keep it that way for a bit. Just my 2 cents.
huh i dont understand why the play is choppy for some users mine strams very nicely and doesnt get choppy on me at all....
Old 05-23-2008, 05:48 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro & Diamond

View moneybaggs24's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View moneybaggs24's Photo Album Add moneybaggs24's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I got my skyfire beta to days ago and i still think its kinda slow and buggy in my opinion its not as smooth as i would like but, its nice, features are great but needs video drivers and also needs to be less laggy and faster and much smoother then i would be much happier.
Old 05-23-2008, 10:48 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by moneybaggs24 View Post

I got my skyfire beta to days ago and i still think its kinda slow and buggy in my opinion its not as smooth as i would like but, its nice, features are great but needs video drivers and also needs to be less laggy and faster and much smoother then i would be much happier.
slow???? you serious, why dont u test out running a full pc website thru pie, and then thru skyfire...and then tell me which one is kinda slow lol...and also remember its a beta which means test verions.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:51 PM

View (K)rebel's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View (K)rebel's Photo Album Add (K)rebel's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I keep getting a "connection lost" message when I sign on. Is anyone else having this issue?
Old 05-23-2008, 08:52 PM

“ Originally Posted by (K)rebel View Post

I keep getting a "connection lost" message when I sign on. Is anyone else having this issue?
pe having no troubles... .make sure you are in an area with good signal.connection.
Old 05-24-2008, 02:51 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View Tugboat's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Tugboat's Photo Album Add Tugboat's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I was checking out Skyfire on Youtube and it looks pretty darn good. How long til they get past Beta testing? What's the next best one down from Skyfire if you had to make a choice?
Old 05-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Tilt/HTC TyTN II
Mobile Carrier: At&t

View Andy65OU's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Andy65OU's Photo Album Add Andy65OU's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Tugboat View Post

I was checking out Skyfire on Youtube and it looks pretty darn good. How long til they get past Beta testing? What's the next best one down from Skyfire if you had to make a choice?
I was using the Opera Browser before getting the Skyfire Beta, and it was working pretty well for me...

I was playing with the Skyfire Browser last night while waiting for my nephew's graduation to finish, and I couldn't believe how fast the speed of it was even though I wasn't in a wifi area... And it's obviously only going to get better in the future..

Old 05-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Tilt & HTC Fuze
Mobile Carrier: AT&T

View AlvinJue's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View AlvinJue's Photo Album Add AlvinJue's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Skyfire is good but i still prefer Opera. Skyfire feels a tad bit slower and the youtube is sort of slow for me. Or maybe its just my phone
Old 05-24-2008, 06:21 PM

“ Originally Posted by AlvinJue View Post

Skyfire is good but i still prefer Opera. Skyfire feels a tad bit slower and the youtube is sort of slow for me. Or maybe its just my phone
huh odd mine is blazing fast and the video streaming isnt choppy at all and is actually quick as hell!!! thank god for REV A
Old 05-24-2008, 08:53 PM

huh odd mine is blazing fast and the video streaming isnt choppy at all and is actually quick as hell!!! thank god for REV A
I was going to say, I am not running REV A. So thats probably why it runs slow for me. Im gonna try to flash it tonight. Pray for me.
Old 05-29-2008, 11:23 PM

View AL_CAPONE_X3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View AL_CAPONE_X3's Photo Album Add AL_CAPONE_X3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey on the 27th i got a link for it in a text message and than i didnt notice it until after work on the 28th i clicked on it and said link expired or some shit to resign up or something like that. . .so does that mean i gotta wait again for the invite or wat?

Old 05-30-2008, 04:05 PM

“ Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_X3 View Post

hey on the 27th i got a link for it in a text message and than i didnt notice it until after work on the 28th i clicked on it and said link expired or some shit to resign up or something like that. . .so does that mean i gotta wait again for the invite or wat?
i would guess so i have never heard of tha happening.
Old 05-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_X3 View Post

I got five bucks says you have opera installed.Mine did same thing.Copy paste link into internet explorer..the ppc's default browser.It should work then.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:02 PM
Mobile Model: 8925 and 3G Iphone
Mobile Carrier: AT&T

View rico002's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View rico002's Photo Album Add rico002's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

u kno u can just download it right....when u login on the left side it says download and then just like "to my PC"
Old 05-31-2008, 02:54 PM

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

I got five bucks says you have opera installed.Mine did same thing.Copy paste link into internet explorer..the ppc's default browser.It should work then.
i got opera mini installed ya. and i already did copy paste it into my ie. thats wat it did i had to copy paste since on the vito sms you cant click links =[

Old 05-31-2008, 09:44 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View rwcj63's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View rwcj63's Photo Album Add rwcj63's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i had a hell of a time getting my download info after i got my initial invite. after 2 weeks of nothing (no text message telling me how to download), i emailed them 3 times and finally got a response that they had sent the text with no response, with a link to download it from pc and install.

that being said. to be brutally honest, the rendering sucks. it's much much slower than opera. also. i was surprised at the amount of sites that it won't go to. it's blocked in someway from going to speedtest websites.

you will find that while the things it can do are really cool, the drawbacks that the beta has will drive you crazy. at least they do me.
Old 06-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

man you guys are lucky, im still waiting for my link.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:10 PM
SPJ Junkie
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

View meansixx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View meansixx's Photo Album Add meansixx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah, im luvin the skyfire browser. was using opera till this came out. runs really fast.
Old 07-05-2008, 08:53 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul PPC - 6

View Dooper's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Dooper's Photo Album Add Dooper's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Did the Beta 2 come out yet?

Old 07-05-2008, 09:11 PM
Smart Phone Junkie!
Mobile Carrier: VZW

View Spr0ckEt's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Spr0ckEt's Photo Album Add Spr0ckEt's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

If so, I haven't seen my link yet.

Old 07-05-2008, 10:31 PM

“ Originally Posted by Spr0ckEt View Post

If so, I haven't seen my link yet.
yes i have got the beta 2
Old 08-23-2008, 10:28 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View bigballsblack's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View bigballsblack's Photo Album Add bigballsblack's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

dud i jst got mine and i lov it to!!! so good i jst wish there was a mode for the vids cause there hard to see so small i wish whn u click on the vid it will go into landscape mode for the full screen tht would be sick!!
Old 08-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Shizzile on the WIzzel
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT phone on MTS

Thanked 2,069 Times in 450 Posts

View PROBEX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PROBEX's Photo Album Add PROBEX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

HAHa I finally scammed it from skyfire I only needed to get a US forwarding email account as they won't give it to canada so I tricked them... hehehe I got it and it works and "Daddy Like" )

The Following User Says Thank You to PROBEX For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2008, 08:21 PM

“ Originally Posted by PROBEX View Post

HAHa I finally scammed it from skyfire I only needed to get a US forwarding email account as they won't give it to canada so I tricked them... hehehe I got it and it works and "Daddy Like" )
hahaha congrats probeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!! enjoy the streaming youtube.... you wont use it as a everyday broser (opera for me) but it is nice for the built in flash!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 09:03 PM
Mobile Model: HTC 6800AL
Mobile Carrier: Alltel

View ladytya's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ladytya's Photo Album Add ladytya's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I just got the latest Skyfire beta; it's an awesome browser for my ppc 6800! Until I do get an upgrade, I'll stick w/ this one all the way! Iris is the only other browser I might fool w/ as a second choice though it still doesn't hold a candle to Skyfire.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:53 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i dont mean to post off topic but sence were talking about browsers, what was the name of the program that lets u pic k a default i.e? to set opera as my default... i know its in here but forgot the name, sorry...
oh and congrats to PROBEX, better late then never man...
Old 08-24-2008, 09:58 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by klone96 View Post

i dont mean to post off topic but sence were talking about browsers, what was the name of the program that lets u pic k a default i.e? to set opera as my default... i know its in here but forgot the name, sorry...
oh and congrats to PROBEX, better late then never man...
i saw a app just like that, i lets you choose your default browser, skyfire, opera mini, opera mobile etc. copy paste, and other features.... ill see if i can fetch it for ya

btw. LOVING SKYFIRE, but till more features are added in the next version like multi tabs, upload, download etc. im still keeping Opera Mobile

Old 08-24-2008, 10:01 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

whats the differnce btween opera mobile/opera mini and opera 9.5 ??

THANX!
Old 08-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Mobile Model: sprint mogul

View monkeyxiv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monkeyxiv's Photo Album Add monkeyxiv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

opera mini is server sided to run faster but opera 9.5 is ran like other browsers off your phone for better rendering and more secure.
opera mini is java based

in short:
opera mini for quick look ups
opera 9.5 for secure browsing.
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyxiv For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2008, 10:11 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

whats the differnce btween opera mobile/opera mini and opera 9.5 ??

THANX!
i never liked opera mini... sure its really fast but its because its not a real browser, in laymans terms it takes a picture of the page and renders it to your device explaining the awesome speed and why there arent animations in page rendering, no flash eather, but its a awesome browser for fast browsing and conveniant browsing. Its java based and designed for crappy phones lol, there are no braggin rights if you have the same browser on your PPC than your buddy has in his Rumor LMAO

Opera mobile (Opera9.5... same thing unless you mean the desktop browser) is a real browser designed for a pda device, it has smoother scrolling, zooming and all the features you can find in a PC browser exept the latest flash support, but the downside is that its slow (in my opinion, that is the closest to a perfect browser available for ppc because of the ability to upload, download, multi tabbing, automatic text wrap, java script, favorites etc.) all it needs is to be faster and the latest flash for it to crush all browsers

but till then Skyfire is my favorite, fast fast fast and flash flash flash!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2008, 10:18 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢

thanx, yeah i use mini to surf, and mobile to download.. and skyfire to show off !

any luck on the ap? no rush, just courious...
The Following User Says Thank You to NINE'SICKS For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2008, 10:21 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

thanx, yeah i use mini to surf, and mobile to download.. and skyfire to show off !

any luck on the ap? no rush, just courious...
oops sorry i forgot, find it here

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2008, 10:35 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢

whitch would b best for a mogul, cuz im running kaos's **** sprint take 3... i read it but it just tells about the history, not so much what versions go to what phone...THANX MIKE
Old 08-24-2008, 10:39 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

whitch would b best for a mogul, cuz im running kaos's **** sprint take 3... i read it but it just tells about the history, not so much what versions go to what phone...THANX MIKE
download the latest version, it works universally when it comes to devices, but since it gets updated your best bet is the latest

Old 08-24-2008, 11:00 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢

NOTHING! i trydem all and there unsuccessful ... i know we have one on our site, dash would know but **** i dont remember the name... its cool thanx mike, i read ur comment on ur ipohe interface..about my custom icons..THX!
Old 08-24-2008, 11:05 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

NOTHING! i trydem all and there unsuccessful ... i know we have one on our site, dash would know but **** i dont remember the name... its cool thanx mike, i read ur comment on ur ipohe interface..about my custom icons..THX!
oops, it says that its foe non qwerty smartphones , ill snoop around to see if i can find it till dash is found

and yea i had this itch for custom icons for dwizzys theme cuz i tried when v1 was released but i got pissed cuz i couldnt trim the edges and they looked like crap LOL, but they must be 32x32 so they work with the plugin

Old 08-24-2008, 11:13 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢

yeah i kinda figures 32x32, just like the hhc icons... i have the same problems to but hhc is png and the pink background doesnt show as much... i lost lots of icons i had on my other comp but im trying to make others...ill keep u posted..
Old 08-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Mobile Model: 6800

View nolo25's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nolo25's Photo Album Add nolo25's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

how can I download skyfire beta for my mogul 6800 I already reg. but is there a way I can get the download. thanx in advance.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:33 PM

“ Originally Posted by nolo25 View Post

how can I download skyfire beta for my mogul 6800 I already reg. but is there a way I can get the download. thanx in advance.
use the beta code michael8 when you sign up and you should get a quick text message link to download.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
beats, browser, foolin, iphone, pants, skyfire