Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-03-2008, 12:47 PM
csmartycssmarty csmartycssmarty is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View csmartycssmarty's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View csmartycssmarty's Photo Album Add csmartycssmarty's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
touch pro delayed

well guys as you know i work for sprint at an exclusive indirect store, i got the latest playbook this morning and was very unhappy to find that the touch pro will not launch until 10/29 in stores. this however doesnt necessarilly mean the national launch online is delayed, as you can see they rolled out the diamond there anyhow this last time. the diamond is still on schedule to be in stores finally with ordering allowed beggining the 8th. SORRY to be the barer of bad news but better to hear it here from your bros at spj than from somwhere else, right? o well if anyone has any more info feel free to post it here. id love to be wrong on this!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to csmartycssmarty For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2008, 01:00 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: touch pro delayed

“ Originally Posted by csmartycssmarty View Post

well guys as you know i work for sprint at an exclusive indirect store, i got the latest playbook this morning and was very unhappy to find that the touch pro will not launch until 10/29 in stores. this however doesnt necessarilly mean the national launch online is delayed, as you can see they rolled out the diamond there anyhow this last time. the diamond is still on schedule to be in stores finally with ordering allowed beggining the 8th. SORRY to be the barer of bad news but better to hear it here from your bros at spj than from somwhere else, right? o well if anyone has any more info feel free to post it here. id love to be wrong on this!!!!
hahaha that reminds me back when the nextel i930 smartphone came out it was suppose to be on a certain date but they had found some cliches on the phone and postphone the release date till they fix the issue....hmmm can that be the issue??????

Old 10-03-2008, 01:03 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

hahaha that reminds me back when the nextel i930 smartphone came out it was suppose to be on a certain date but they had found some cliches on the phone and postphone the release date till they fix the issue....hmmm can that be the issue??????
i think it was something about overheating and they wanted to fix that issue to avoid costly returns

really sucks for the people that had the 30 day diamond-pro swap plan

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2008, 01:10 PM

View csmartycssmarty's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View csmartycssmarty's Photo Album Add csmartycssmarty's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i dont think so. dash has had it for a bit now and i havent heard him compaining... however i wouldn be surprized if they did just to foil the 30 swap plans... stranger things have happened. my official opinion is it wanted to let the g1 release first with t mobile instead of at the same time... since it has pretty much the same hardware it might have had a little compitition being released the same weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to csmartycssmarty For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i dont think so. dash has had it for a bit now and i havent heard him compaining... however i wouldn be surprized if they did just to foil the 30 swap plans... stranger things have happened. my official opinion is it wanted to let the g1 release first with t mobile instead of at the same time... since it has pretty much the same hardware it might have had a little compitition being released the same weekend.
no the reason for this is they are having trouble with converting the phone over from having the front camera which can cause troubles with the camera performing correctly...... it only happens from time to time but they are working on a fix for that...... looking at the notes right now from my boss on the subject and the online launch shouldnt be effected but the store launch rpolly will be since they have to go through and reflash all of the phone :<
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-03-2008, 07:03 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

no the reason for this is they are having trouble with converting the phone over from having the front camera which can cause troubles with the camera performing correctly...... it only happens from time to time but they are working on a fix for that...... looking at the notes right now from my boss on the subject and the online launch shouldnt be effected but the store launch rpolly will be since they have to go through and reflash all of the phone :<
hahahah i knew something like that would happened with these launches...it rare but it happens

Old 10-03-2008, 07:08 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

hahahah i knew something like that would happened with these launches...it rare but it happens
for sure but you have to remember that this is the first cdma vga device so there is still gonna be some bugs to work out on top of the biggest bug called windows (dont worry i still love windows :>)
Old 10-04-2008, 11:29 AM

ya thanks for the update... so they have to reflash all the phones huh... what did that do for yours, or did you already work that bug out yourself...lol
Old 10-04-2008, 12:42 PM

ya thanks for the update... so they have to reflash all the phones huh... what did that do for yours, or did you already work that bug out yourself...lol
naw i had to reflash mine but it was all good i sent it up one floor since i was too lazy to do myself. (and was stuck talking to bigjew on the diaond)
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
delayed, pro, touch