Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-11-2008, 02:43 PM
make-ya-kri make-ya-kri is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View make-ya-kri's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View make-ya-kri's Photo Album Add make-ya-kri's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
D/\sh... whats going on with the Mogul

Hey d/\sh whats the progress on the mogul that your testing with the new parts you installed in it?? Is is working great... Are you ready to install better RAM into the customers phones?
Old 05-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: D/\sh... whats going on with the Mogul

“ Originally Posted by make-ya-kri View Post

Hey d/\sh whats the progress on the mogul that your testing with the new parts you installed in it?? Is is working great... Are you ready to install better RAM into the customers phones?
still working GREAT!!!!!!! its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i wont be doing customers phones for this because

1. it voids warranty.
2. one small slip up and the phone is no good.... (involves soldering)
Old 05-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Slinky
Mobile Model: mogul

View slinkerd's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View slinkerd's Photo Album Add slinkerd's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

still working GREAT!!!!!!! its awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i wont be doing customers phones for this because

1. it voids warranty.
2. one small slip up and the phone is no good.... (involves soldering)
what if we signed something stating that we understood this before you did it that way no one could say they didnt know
Old 05-12-2008, 12:38 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul/Sprint Touch

View AL_CAPONE_X3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View AL_CAPONE_X3's Photo Album Add AL_CAPONE_X3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by slinkerd View Post

what if we signed something stating that we understood this before you did it that way no one could say they didnt know

please tell me how someone would sign something over the internet for this!?

Old 05-12-2008, 12:39 AM
Slinky

View slinkerd's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View slinkerd's Photo Album Add slinkerd's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_X3 View Post

please tell me how someone would sign something over the internet for this!?
to have the baddest phone in the city easy. print sign scan email
Old 05-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul/Sprint Touch

View AL_CAPONE_X3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View AL_CAPONE_X3's Photo Album Add AL_CAPONE_X3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

to have the baddest phone in the city easy. print sign scan email
i didnt even think about that lol it slipped my mind also can fax.

but idk if thats i guess legally binding

Old 05-12-2008, 12:48 AM
Slinky

“ Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_X3 View Post

i didnt even think about that lol it slipped my mind also can fax.

but idk if thats i guess legally binding
thats what im shooting for. That way someone who does this if dash was willing, wouldnt be able to come back on him and say you bricked my phone or voided my warranty ya know. But i understand dashs position just for the reason.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:16 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thats what im shooting for. That way someone who does this if dash was willing, wouldnt be able to come back on him and say you bricked my phone or voided my warranty ya know. But i understand dashs position just for the reason.
yeah i really dont feel comfortable because if something did go wrong i dont wanna feel obliged to purchase a new phone for someone.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:26 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah i really dont feel comfortable because if something did go wrong i dont wanna feel obliged to purchase a new phone for someone.
Agreed. Dash has already told everyone how he came about his parts its just a matter of opening the phone and soldering the pieces in the right places. You shouldn't be doing it if you dont know how anyways

Old 05-12-2008, 01:37 AM

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

Agreed. Dash has already told everyone how he came about his parts its just a matter of opening the phone and soldering the pieces in the right places. You shouldn't be doing it if you dont know how anyways
hey tim buddy i was thinking on your idea that you had and if you wanna work on something like that i think that me and you together could get er done....
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2008, 01:47 AM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey tim buddy i was thinking on your idea that you had and if you wanna work on something like that i think that me and you together could get er done....
sure, send me a PM with whatever info i need or need to give to you

Old 05-12-2008, 01:55 AM

sure, send me a PM with whatever info i need or need to give to you
aight i had an idea going off what you said vut i think we can figure i way to partitioning a file to read on bot the card and the main memory tricking the phone to allowing you to use the card for ram!!
Old 05-12-2008, 02:35 AM
The VenumX Factor

ah not a bad idea.. it shouldnt be that hard to accomplish just will take a bit of research

Old 05-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint TP
Mobile OS: 6.1

View sracercelica's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sracercelica's Photo Album Add sracercelica's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Would that really be possible?? Would there be a limit in regards to capacity? I mean just imagine using like a gig card...one gig+ of RAM!!! That would ****ing bad ass, I would pay to have my phone modded by Dash to achieve this!
Old 05-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post

Would that really be possible?? Would there be a limit in regards to capacity? I mean just imagine using like a gig card...one gig+ of RAM!!! That would ****ing bad ass, I would pay to have my phone modded by Dash to achieve this!
lol your thinking small bro...theoretically it could be possible. and if partitioned...say a 12gb sdhc card...you could do 4gb ram 8gb storage then...or so on...
Old 05-12-2008, 11:42 PM
The VenumX Factor

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

lol your thinking small bro...theoretically it could be possible. and if partitioned...say a 12gb sdhc card...you could do 4gb ram 8gb storage then...or so on...
realistically speaking anything bigger than 1 gb ram in a ppc would be pointless. It would take a larger processor to shuffle through that much ram. Essentially the point of this project would be to keep as much free in-device (onboard) ram free at any given time. Imagine having 120 mb of internal ram free all the time no matter how many applications you had running in the background.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:58 PM

realistically speaking anything bigger than 1 gb ram in a ppc would be pointless. It would take a larger processor to shuffle through that much ram. Essentially the point of this project would be to keep as much free in-device (onboard) ram free at any given time. Imagine having 120 mb of internal ram free all the time no matter how many applications you had running in the background.
for sure thats what i was going for....... ive been looking into this already and looked through the registry and the only lead i came to was the strings for the ram meters and they are linked to go to the ram on the phone and that chip. if we can find a way to have it read both the chip and the storage card than partition it up like we were thinking golden. so we would ahve to write a new string than make it read the card also than find the way to partition it and we could prolly get it done.
Old 05-13-2008, 05:31 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

for sure thats what i was going for....... ive been looking into this already and looked through the registry and the only lead i came to was the strings for the ram meters and they are linked to go to the ram on the phone and that chip. if we can find a way to have it read both the chip and the storage card than partition it up like we were thinking golden. so we would ahve to write a new string than make it read the card also than find the way to partition it and we could prolly get it done.
use the pc to partition it..
Old 05-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

the touch was in my mind just b/c I got skyfire, and sprint tv and the mogul cant handle another app begin opened while those two are opened. If what ya want to accomplish can happen then I wont even think about the touch again. Its like venum said, I think any card more then 1gb is to much and consider we have people who use theyre mogul for media.
Old 05-13-2008, 12:12 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Tilt/HTC TyTN II
Mobile Carrier: At&t

View Andy65OU's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Andy65OU's Photo Album Add Andy65OU's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I agree.. Or else, you're basically bottlenecking...

Old 05-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Great denier of claims
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul

View TheLastPriest's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TheLastPriest's Photo Album Add TheLastPriest's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Damn, I think I made my position very clear early that as cool as it would be to have my phone modded by a pro I would rather go off the train of thought that if you cant do it yourself it probably shouldnt be done. You guys pull this off, I will be the first to admit I spoke to soon and eat my words. That is a service I would pay for!! Now if you will excuse me I am going to go back to day dreaming of all that ram.....

Old 05-14-2008, 11:07 PM

“ Originally Posted by TheLastPriest View Post

Damn, I think I made my position very clear early that as cool as it would be to have my phone modded by a pro I would rather go off the train of thought that if you cant do it yourself it probably shouldnt be done. You guys pull this off, I will be the first to admit I spoke to soon and eat my words. That is a service I would pay for!! Now if you will excuse me I am going to go back to day dreaming of all that ram.....
hahahaha we good like that we are advancing here very quick considerign we have only been up for 14 months and the staff is just starting to feel eachother out now that we got staff positions in place with good staff and all. so there is going to be no slowing us down here to come in the near future.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:03 AM
Mobile Model: Mogul

View exsean's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View exsean's Photo Album Add exsean's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I cant wait to see your new Rom.... Dash has always showed something great.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:07 AM

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by exsean View Post

I cant wait to see your new Rom.... Dash has always showed something great.
incase u havent read, but dash's rom isnt a public release, unless he modded your phone then he might give send u th nbh.......looks like spj is full of chefs that dont like to share DASH lmaooooooooo
The Following User Says Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2008, 02:08 AM

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

incase u havent read, but dash's rom isnt a public release, unless he modded your phone then he might give send u th nbh.......looks like spj is full of chefs that dont like to share DASH lmaooooooooo
i got to give a lil summtin summtin to the customers you know lol..... and me dotn share withthat said gonam take away all the psots i made lol..... this place would be an app free zone lol
Old 05-22-2008, 02:11 AM

i got to give a lil summtin summtin to the customers you know lol..... and me dotn share withthat said gonam take away all the psots i made lol..... this place would be an app free zone lol
word bro, this would be like ghost town lol.....
The Following User Says Thank You to broSki For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2008, 04:44 PM
previously codydavis22
Mobile Model: Motorola Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: D/\sh whats going on with the Mogul

How is this coming along Dash?
The Following User Says Thank You to V I P For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2008, 10:15 PM

“ Originally Posted by codydavis22 View Post

How is this coming along Dash?
as said in the thread this will only be released to the mod service customers.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:07 AM
previously codydavis22

View V I P's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View V I P's Photo Album Add V I P's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

as said in the thread this will only be released to the mod service customers.
You wouldn't be able to sell it?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:18 AM

You wouldn't be able to sell it?
nope not going to because selling the rom would be illegal for me to do. i can accept donations though. and the mod service is payingme for the time it takes me to do the phone, not the products so im not breaking the law.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:34 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ok might be a stupid question but how do I go about getting to be a mod customer?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:47 AM

“ Originally Posted by Sh0wNuF View Post

ok might be a stupid question but how do I go about getting to be a mod customer?
take a look at the section of the help desk that is for your phone and look at the first threads and you will find the thread let D/\SH do it for you.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:39 AM
previously codydavis22

nope not going to because selling the rom would be illegal for me to do. i can accept donations though. and the mod service is payingme for the time it takes me to do the phone, not the products so im not breaking the law.
haha....well I can give a special donation and maybe you can send me a special link or something......jk......or not lol
Old 10-18-2008, 02:22 AM

haha....well I can give a special donation and maybe you can send me a special link or something......jk......or not lol
i cant do that sorry..... im going to cover my ass
Old 10-18-2008, 01:22 PM
previously codydavis22

No it's cool....you do more than enough man. I really appreciate this website and the way that you run it
Old 10-18-2008, 01:34 PM

No it's cool....you do more than enough man. I really appreciate this website and the way that you run it
thanks bro for being understanding and all and remember not pointing fingers saying that you would rat or anything..... just got to keep my stance on the topic.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
d or sh, mogul