puertoblack2003 puertoblack2003 is offline   Thread Starter  
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Safari Browser

i never used safari before until smassele was having problems attaching files.So i decided to download to see what he was facing, but anyways i like the browser experience and its quick in loading and many others.One thing i don't like is the bookmark there no actual setup on how i want them setup. like i have it setup with firefox

tell me what ya think,Before i forget i knew that safari is not a friendly browser for vbulletin community forums like ours but i haven't ran into anything yet.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Safari Browser

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

i never used safari before until smassele was having problems attaching files.So i decided to download to see what he was facing, but anyways i like the browser experience and its quick in loading and many others.One thing i don't like is the bookmark there no actual setup on how i want them setup. like i have it setup with firefox

tell me what ya think,Before i forget i knew that safari is not a friendly browser for vbulletin community forums like ours but i haven't ran into anything yet.
ive been thinking about downloading it but wasnt sure if i would like it or not.... would you say it is worth a shot pb???? and if so you gotta link lmao im lazy like that right now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2008, 08:27 PM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

ive been thinking about downloading it but wasnt sure if i would like it or not.... would you say it is worth a shot pb???? and if so you gotta link lmao im lazy like that right now.
its neat bro i just have to get used to it..but tha bookmark kills me though...oh well

here's the link http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

The Following User Says Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-01-2008, 11:20 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah, puertoblack2003, I knew you would like that browser...the safari browser never has any issues, its beautiful, and its just great in so many different ways,lol....and puertoblack2003 you can customize the bookmarks by creating folders and placing each bookmark in you desired folder to place them, just like in IE...you must have not played with the browser enough...click on bookmarks tab and then click on show all bookmarks and within this page that pops up you can do all your changes....and I knew I wasn't crazy bout that attachment thing,lol

Old 08-02-2008, 01:42 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint HTC Touch

View nsxracir's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nsxracir's Photo Album Add nsxracir's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I like the way safari looks but I think firefox works so much better. Safari isn't very customizable and doesn't match the capabilities of firefox (see firefox add ons and themes at their main website). Plus safari is a memory hog. Even with all of the add-ons and new themes on firefox, safari still manages to take up more resources. And there's always the security issue

Some cool add ons to check out:
Piclens
IEtab
Jeteye
downthemall
cooliris

Just my 2 cents

Old 08-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Mobile Model: sprint mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View monkeyxiv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monkeyxiv's Photo Album Add monkeyxiv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

safari is by far the fastest browser follow by firefox but for some reason i just dunt like it >_<
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyxiv For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2008, 12:51 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul, HTC TP2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View DES10E's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DES10E's Photo Album Add DES10E's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks. gonna give it a shot
Old 10-21-2008, 02:40 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by DES10E View Post

thanks. gonna give it a shot
i would also check out google chrome..... i use and and loving for the past couple months :>
Old 10-21-2008, 09:16 AM

View monkeyxiv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monkeyxiv's Photo Album Add monkeyxiv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i would also check out google chrome..... i use and and loving for the past couple months :>
lol google chrome has only been out for like a month.... its good but it lags badly on launch of it
Old 10-21-2008, 09:57 AM

“ Originally Posted by monkeyxiv View Post

lol google chrome has only been out for like a month.... its good but it lags badly on launch of it
naw i dont ever have troubles and its been out for more than a month.... seems like a least 2 months that i have been using it.....
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2008, 10:05 AM
OG Member

yea, chrome is all good i tried to get the feel of it but i guess i got hooked on firefox so bad that features that ff has chrome dont have.Plus i heard some stuff that chrome tracks everything you do....

Old 10-21-2008, 10:21 AM

yea, chrome is all good i tried to get the feel of it but i guess i got hooked on firefox so bad that features that ff has chrome dont have.Plus i heard some stuff that chrome tracks everything you do....
really? are you talking about the option that you can turn on or off at the beginning when you first install? i might have to look into that for myslef.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:11 PM

naw i dont ever have troubles and its been out for more than a month.... seems like a least 2 months that i have been using it.....
september 3rd it came out :P i downloaded it september 4th so its not been out quite 2 months sooo technically anyways yeah ive adjusted to loving firefox. but yeah fer some reason on my comp chrome likes to lag. also i likes spell check. (iF onlie I wuld use it.) hehehe
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyxiv For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
browser, safari, safari firefox