MikeyD MikeyD is offline   Thread Starter  
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
I Need Some Advise

As you all know Qwest is switching to the Verizon Network. I have qwest. I got my mogul about a month before they announced the switch. Well today i got a call from qwest to make the switch. I dont have switch right away. But the phones they offered me were the envy 2 and the blackberry curve which they say is comperable to the Mogul (I laughed at the guy). Verizon carries the vx6800, but if i want it i have to pay for the price of the phone today which is 419.95 minus 25% and a $70 mail in rebate. If i make the switch today qwest will waive my current contract which is 2 yrs. The big thing is that without switching the support and service i got now will go to shit and i will be stuck with my current phones and no chance of upgrades until the sevice is completely switch to verizon and my contract is up. So should i suck it up and get the curve and use my mogul as just a test phone for the stuff i do on spj or what else is there to do i need some major advise. I guess if i settle for the BB i will just have to make our BB section shine....lol

The Following User Says Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: I Need Some Advise

“ Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post

As you all know Qwest is switching to the Verizon Network. I have qwest. I got my mogul about a month before they announced the switch. Well today i got a call from qwest to make the switch. I dont have switch right away. But the phones they offered me were the envy 2 and the blackberry curve which they say is comperable to the Mogul (I laughed at the guy). Verizon carries the vx6800, but if i want it i have to pay for the price of the phone today which is 419.95 minus 25% and a $70 mail in rebate. If i make the switch today qwest will waive my current contract which is 2 yrs. The big thing is that without switching the support and service i got now will go to shit and i will be stuck with my current phones and no chance of upgrades until the sevice is completely switch to verizon and my contract is up. So should i suck it up and get the curve and use my mogul as just a test phone for the stuff i do on spj or what else is there to do i need some major advise. I guess if i settle for the BB i will just have to make our BB section shine....lol

crackberries are nice but the data packages are wayyyyyy more!!!! your looking at 40 with sprint and 55 or 60 with verizon if im not mistaking. i would call back and talk to someone else so youcan truely get a comparable phone to the one that you have right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

crackberries are nice but the data packages are wayyyyyy more!!!! your looking at 40 with sprint and 55 or 60 with verizon if im not mistaking. i would call back and talk to someone else so youcan truely get a comparable phone to the one that you have right now.
i called back......they are being really F*****G difficult.....but im not giving in just yet

Old 10-09-2008, 08:10 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View DaRedLight's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DaRedLight's Photo Album Add DaRedLight's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Is there any form of Retention Dept there. Also, what is the early termination fee? I see New Mexico on your Bio...Is that the two main carriers there? Quest...soon to be Verizon? If not, maybe you could play the "Poker round", bluff as if you have gotten a better offer from a competitor (You tell them that), then you act as if paying the early termination fee is no big deal...actually seem prepared to do so. Wait..and see who folds first. That's how I always get the better parking spot at work! lmao! (That didn't make any sense...but it was what came to mind...and I thought it sounded funny.)

The Following User Says Thank You to DaRedLight For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2008, 08:19 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

“ Originally Posted by DaRedLight View Post

Is there any form of Retention Dept there. Also, what is the early termination fee? I see New Mexico on your Bio...Is that the two main carriers there? Quest...soon to be Verizon? If not, maybe you could player the "Poker round", bluff as if you have gotten a better offer from a competitor (You tell them that), then you act as if paying the early termination fee is no big deal...actuall seem prepared to do so. Wait..and see who folds first. That's how I always get the better parking spot at work! lmao! (That did'nt make any sense...but it was what came to mind...and I thought it sounded funny.
qwest is not becoming verizon their wireless is just being contracted through verizon. and i did threaten to switch but they didnt care. the termination fee is 200 for each line and i have 4. In new mexico there are all the major carriers

Old 10-09-2008, 08:46 PM

View DaRedLight's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View DaRedLight's Photo Album Add DaRedLight's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'll ask a good friend of mine, he use to work for Sprint, and now works for Verizon, but we're talking some years with Sprint, and many contacts. That sounds like real poor cust. service though...those 4lines is what hurt...*ouch*! I remember years ago, there were carriers willing to buy you out, to switch! I believe that was on a corporate level, but something worth looking into. Maybe call Sprint...or whoever, pitch/fish for a proposal.

The Following User Says Thank You to DaRedLight For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2008, 08:34 PM
Mobile Model: XV6900, Omnia, Curve
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now?

View mykela25's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mykela25's Photo Album Add mykela25's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

That does sound really crappy. Unfortunately Qwest is the one makin gthe offers, not VZW so our hands are tied on what they allow you to upgrade to. I have a 6900 (Touch) ad a BB and trust me, the BB is NOT comparable to a Mogul. LOL I agree with Daddy D/\SH, I would call back and see if they cud swap u into something that truly is comparable to what u have. Other than that the only thing I can suggest is seeing if u can get svc directly thru VZW that way u can get new devices at discounted cost. Sorry babe.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mykela25 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2008, 08:44 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

“ Originally Posted by mykela25 View Post

That does sound really crappy. Unfortunately Qwest is the one makin gthe offers, not VZW so our hands are tied on what they allow you to upgrade to. I have a 6900 (Touch) ad a BB and trust me, the BB is NOT comparable to a Mogul. LOL I agree with Daddy D/\SH, I would call back and see if they cud swap u into something that truly is comparable to what u have. Other than that the only thing I can suggest is seeing if u can get svc directly thru VZW that way u can get new devices at discounted cost. Sorry babe.
well thanks for looking at it for me anyway

Old 10-17-2008, 02:46 AM
NOOB 4 EVER

Thanked 1,370 Times in 335 Posts

View gadget945's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gadget945's Photo Album Add gadget945's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Per Verizon’s website, looked it up tonight, they have 1 phone like the mogul, and one that looks like the touch. There are 6 total that are WM capable, but I'm not sure about the rest of them.

In my dealings with Sprint, I have found that you have to make sure that you get all the information that you can from whomever you talk to. Name, location, ID#, etc. Whoever you talk to should be able to explain to you if you are going to be considered an existing customer or a new customer, this is kind of important for the following to work for you.

I’m sure that there is a retention department of some kind. Qwest is probably not going to do much, but if your carrier is going to be Verizon, can you ask them if you will be treated as a new customer or an existing customer. Per their website, you may be able to get out of the early termination fee. If you go by the “test drive” terms, they can move all 4 lines to Verizon and in less than 30 days, you can get out of it without having to pay early termination fees because you don’t like their service, you MUST port your number to someone else in order for this to work.

It all depends on how much you want to get out of the early term fees. If you simply tell them that you don’t want to move, and that you are going to “opt out” and they give you grief, call the Attorney General’s office. Deregulation sucks big ones, but you don’t have to take what they are offering you if it goes against your original agreement. If you calmly, but forcefully explain that it would be easier for everyone if they just waived the early termination fee, then you can use their own words against, them…. See below.

There are a lot of fees that aren't covered by the test drive, you're going to have a balance one way or another. The way their terms are listed, this isn't really a worry free guarantee, it's a pain.

Good luck!

Below was copied from the Verizon website:
We'll Pay For Your Calls

Now you can test drive America's Most Reliable Wireless Network for 30 days. If you don't love us, take your number to someone else, and we'll pay for the calls you've made.
Here's how Test Drive works:

Only America's Most Reliable Wireless Network makes an offer like this.
Activate service on any Verizon Wireless Nationwide or Broadband Access Calling Plan, and Test Drive our network for up to 30 days.
If you're not convinced that Verizon Wireless has the best wireless network, port your number to another wireless carrier at anytime during those 30 days and the calls you made will be on us.
Please note that in order to take your number to another carrier, you must continue your service until your number is switched, so do not cancel your Verizon Wireless service before your number is active with a new service provider.
These are the charges that are, or are not, eligible for credit if you port your number to another wireless carrier within 30 days of activation:

Charges eligible for credit:
  • Monthly Access for your Nationwide Plan1
  • Per-Minute charges after exceeding Anytime Minute Allowance on voice plans2
  • Federal Universal Service Fund surcharge
  • Administrative Charge surcharge
  • Regulatory Charge surcharge
  • Gross receipts taxes surcharge
  • Early Termination Fee3
  • All applicable taxes associated with the above charges
Charges that will remain your responsibility:
  • Activation fee
  • Separately-billed data charges4
  • Supplemental services5
  • 411 Connect®
  • Roaming charges
  • Separately-billed long distance charges6
  • Verizon Wireless surcharges7
If you port your number to another wireless carrier within 30 days of activation, it may take up to 60 days for all Test Drive credits to appear on your account. Any credit balance will be refunded to you within 4–6 weeks.
So now you don't have to take our word for it that we're the nation's most reliable wireless network. Take this Test Drive and see for yourself.
Credit/refund for plan access & overage charges.
Verizon Wireless Nationwide or select data plan required. Customer must pay all other charges, incl. taxes, surcharges, and separately billed data & download charges. Early termination fee applies unless device is returned.
1Monthly Access for your Voice Calling Plan, including Push to Talk (if you subscribe to a data feature, or a Voice and Data Choice Bundle, SM only the monthly access associated with your Voice Calling Plan will be credited).
2Per-minute charges for exceeding your Anytime Minute allowance include per-minute charges associated with downloading or using any data application (such as downloading a Ringtone or using Mobile Web).
3Please note that if you purchase a handset at a discount from Verizon Wireless, your Early Termination Fee will be credited only if you return the handset within the 30-day Test Drive period. If you purchase a handset from a Verizon Wireless or one of its Authorized Agents or Retailers, you must call Verizon Wireless at 1.800.922.0204 to request that your Early Termination Fee be waived.
4Data charges include: Text, Picture & Video Messaging, including any Messaging Bundles; all Get It Now® applications (Ringtones, Wallpaper, Games, Mobile Web); V CAST Video, Music, and Mobile TV, including any daily or monthly access charges; VZ Navigator; VZEmail®, and VZAccess® plans.
5Supplemental services include charges such as Roadside Assistance, Wireless Phone Protection, Extended Warranty, and Detailed Billing.
6Separately billed long distance charges include international long distance charges, if any.
7Verizon Wireless surcharges other than those for the Federal Universal Service Fund and our Administrative and Regulatory charges.

The Following User Says Thank You to gadget945 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2008, 03:14 AM
InsomniAddict
Mobile Model: MogulTouchProTouchHD

Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,397 Posts

View scott8813's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View scott8813's Photo Album Add scott8813's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

is there not a way to unlock a phone to able to use it with any service??? I'd swear that i had read this somewhere before.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:28 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

ok here is an update: i went to a verizon store today and switched my qwest sevice over to verizon. At the moment i dont have a ppc. my wifes phone took a shit so we needed to get her a new one. The guy gave me a motorola w755 for free(temporary). In a month or two when i get the cash they are going to sell me a touch for $125 which i thought was a hell of a deal. i still have my mogul which i will use to test app and all that till i get my touch. I did look into sprint and the rep was goint to pay for half of my early termination fees, but i talked to a few people out here that have sprint and they said the sevice is real spotty in new mexico(it was the same with all the people i talked to)I live in a rual area. Plus with verizon i get a 25% discount on my bill through my job, which is a bigger discount than any other sevice. so as soon as i get the money i will get my touch(i bought a lottery ticket...lol). So that is my situation, and thanks for all your guys advise and support.

BTW can anybody tell me of a good site to mod this phone

Old 10-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul (PPC-6800)
Mobile Carrier: Sprint PCS

View legend2700's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View legend2700's Photo Album Add legend2700's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ok here is an update: i went to a verizon store today and switched my qwest sevice over to verizon. At the moment i dont have a ppc. my wifes phone took a shit so we needed to get her a new one. The guy gave me a motorola w755 for free(temporary). In a month or two when i get the cash they are going to sell me a touch for $125 which i thought was a hell of a deal. i still have my mogul which i will use to test app and all that till i get my touch. I did look into sprint and the rep was goint to pay for half of my early termination fees, but i talked to a few people out here that have sprint and they said the sevice is real spotty in new mexico(it was the same with all the people i talked to)I live in a rual area. Plus with verizon i get a 25% discount on my bill through my job, which is a bigger discount than any other sevice. so as soon as i get the money i will get my touch(i bought a lottery ticket...lol). So that is my situation, and thanks for all your guys advise and support.

BTW can anybody tell me of a good site to mod this phone
ok... i was guna say.. u cant just ditch windows mobile 4 a crackberry D= lmfao!!! id get the xv6800... even tho i realy dont like the style of it tho =( im more of a tradional PDA person like the mogul
The Following User Says Thank You to legend2700 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2008, 08:42 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

yea i could have got the curve but i didnt want that at all. if i would have had the money i would have the touch right now, but like i said my wife needs her phone cuz one of our kids gets siezures so without a phone she cant call me, if it wasnt for that we sould have waited

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MikeyD For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2008, 08:50 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul (PPC-6800)
Mobile Carrier: Sprint PCS

View legend2700's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View legend2700's Photo Album Add legend2700's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yea i could have got the curve but i didnt want that at all. if i would have had the money i would have the touch right now, but like i said my wife needs her phone cuz one of our kids gets siezures so without a phone she cant call me, if it wasnt for that we sould have waited
ok i c.... well u made the rite choice dude
The Following User Says Thank You to legend2700 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2008, 01:22 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

and a good place to mod it is here :> and at least you still have your mogul to play with though.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2008, 03:26 AM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

and a good place to mod it is here :> and at least you still have your mogul to play with though.
you know im talking about the w755...just making sure. It runs BREW software im having trouble finding hacks for it

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
advise