Old 08-30-2008, 02:44 AM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
CDMA Samsung OMNIA, maybe...

CDMA Samsung OMNIA, maybe...

So I saw this:
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2008/08/29/fcc-fridays/

After some digging, I found that the Samsung SCH-i910 is the Cellular/CDMA PCS version of the Samsung OMNIA i900.

The most concrete proof I can point to is that if you load the FCC Label Diagram for the i900 and the i910 into a PDF Editor (foxit editor for example) you can see the diagram without the "white" area covering the features. The i910 matches the i900 GSM OMNIA except there is no SIM card (of course).

The diagram confirms that there is a microSD slot. The other related PDFs at the FCC filing confirm WLAN, Bluetooth, CDMA, and EvDO are all features.

Maybe someone smarter than me can tell which carrier could handle this phone, because I can't see any indication of which CDMA provider might be picking this phone up...perhaps none at this point.

Links:
FCC: http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/r...7A3LSCHI910%27

Other "News": http://www.cellphonesignal.com/samsu...-a-cdma-omnia/ (I don't know what their source is for their claims, but found it interesting!)

So now we know the base model number: SCH-i910 and the FCC ID is: A3LSCHI910 plus we know a few of the basic features are confirmed. This is very neat.

I hope some more detailed information becomes available soon!

I really like the HTC Diamond and Touch Pro that are coming out, but the Omnia might make me reconsider. (The Omnia has a slightly larger screen than the Diamond and a lower resolution so it could be a little fuzzier, but the better camera that might be on the Omnia with the possible on-board 8gb or 16gb memory storage is enticing)
Old 08-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View live_in_the_sky06's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View live_in_the_sky06's Photo Album Add live_in_the_sky06's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: CDMA Samsung OMNIA, maybe...

you arent the only one considering the omnia. I have been lookin at reviews for this phone night and day. I have been waiting patiently for the diamond... but i guess i will keep the mogul a lil while longer just to see how the whole cdma omnia plays out. do you think sprint will pick this bad boy up?
Old 08-30-2008, 07:16 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by live_in_the_sky06 View Post

you arent the only one considering the omnia. I have been lookin at reviews for this phone night and day. I have been waiting patiently for the diamond... but i guess i will keep the mogul a lil while longer just to see how the whole cdma omnia plays out. do you think sprint will pick this bad boy up?
no clue really i kind of doubt that they will pick this up....... but if any cdma will pick it up and it does go through sprint will.
Old 08-30-2008, 08:52 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul

View live_in_the_sky06's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View live_in_the_sky06's Photo Album Add live_in_the_sky06's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

cool man. imma keep my eyes/ears out about this story. hopefully it works out like that. that would be sweet
Old 11-01-2008, 11:46 PM
Mobile Model: Samsun Instinct
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Kasaki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Kasaki's Photo Album Add Kasaki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: CDMA Samsung OMNIA maybe

I highly doubt it because sprint has the instinct, and well verizon I just dont see it
Old 11-02-2008, 01:24 AM
Mobile Model: Mogul aka: HTC 6800
Mobile Carrier: tnirpS

View Pen0r's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Pen0r's Photo Album Add Pen0r's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

wow, if Omnia goes for sprint im in, just saw on youtube a review of the iphone, the omnia and the "touch hd" and eventhou all sources say it'll never hit america for at least another whole year I think touch HD is def the phone i was waiting for, i just hope they pick Android for the os and sprint as a carrier, i personally hate at&t and g3 service. i went back to my good ol' mogul, and he still delivers...flawlessly
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
cdma, omnia, samsung