Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-24-2008, 11:13 AM
BMan BMan is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View BMan's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BMan's Photo Album Add BMan's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint Touch Pro Release

DING DING DING! THIS JUST IN...TOUCH PRO RELEASE FROM SPRINT!!! The wait is over!

http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoen...7060&highlight=
Old 10-24-2008, 12:27 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint Touch Pro Release

“ Originally Posted by BMan View Post

DING DING DING! THIS JUST IN...TOUCH PRO RELEASE FROM SPRINT!!! The wait is over!

http://newsreleases.sprint.com/phoen...7060&highlight=
so yur saying telesales has this?
Old 10-24-2008, 12:35 PM
BMan BMan is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

View BMan's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BMan's Photo Album Add BMan's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

At work right now, so I haven't been able to follow-up any whereabouts yet.

Sprint's news release indicates "customers will be able to purchase the device in select national retailers beginning...Oct. 26...and in all Sprint sales channels, including online...phone...and Sprint stores Nov. 2".

So Sprint "loyalists" either have to wait, or run with the rest of the mob to Best Buy and the like.

I hope that's what you're looking for...'cause the boss is a callin'! L8R!
Old 10-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Mobile Model: T.O.U.C.H P.R.O
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT SPEED

View Fatal_Error's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Fatal_Error's Photo Album Add Fatal_Error's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey D/\SH I was just over @ PPCgeeks and they are saying bestbuy has them in stock in toledo ohio calling now http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41346

--------- New Post Merged on 24/10/2008 at 0647 --------

Just called the Best Buy in the next town over and they got them in and I just paid for it over the phone

The Following User Says Thank You to Fatal_Error For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2008, 05:37 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by toked420420 View Post

Hey D/\SH I was just over @ PPCgeeks and they are saying bestbuy has them in stock in toledo ohio calling now http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41346

--------- New Post Merged on 24/10/2008 at 0647 --------

Just called the Best Buy in the next town over and they got them in and I just paid for it over the phone
congrats bro and enjoy your new baby :>
Old 10-24-2008, 05:39 PM

View Fatal_Error's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Fatal_Error's Photo Album Add Fatal_Error's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Wife is picking up after she gets off work. Glad she works over there I didn't feel like driving 20 miles. O yeah I have to buy her a I touch now lol

Old 10-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Mobile Model: Iphone 3GS 32GB
Mobile Carrier: ATT
Mobile OS: IPHONE

View mikewhooo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mikewhooo's Photo Album Add mikewhooo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

telesales says they will be for sale by the end of the month

--------- New Post Merged on 24/10/2008 at 0610 --------

and the 3 bestbuys near does not have it
Old 10-24-2008, 05:58 PM

Glad mine did I would call the best buys everyday

The Following User Says Thank You to Fatal_Error For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2008, 06:31 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View enigmatic's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View enigmatic's Photo Album Add enigmatic's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

weeeeel....
I've got a brand new touch with a 30 day return window from Sprint. Now here's what I'd like some comments on. Issues with 'touch' are as follows. Battery life, yes I can put a new ROM in it but only if I am gonna keep it cuz I am pretty sure Sprint won't like taking back a modified phone. Battery life is less of an issue if I disable BT but what's with that, I like BT and don't especially like having to fiddle with this since I am used to putting a fricking phone in my pocket and doing my thing which includes driving my car and in that wonderful beastie I NEED BT. I have little fingers but they aren't little enough to use the touch screen with great accuracy so I have to use the stylus which I'm also not so keen on. 4 G internal memory no expansion.

Touch Pro has a slide out QWERTY kb, finger issue resolved! Memory expandable to 16 G. Battery issues the same (from what I have read on this site) but if I like it I can mod the ROM and resolve that one.

So do I get a Touch Pro, (free exchange plus nominal price difference) or just live with the Touch and upgrade the ROM and live with the stylus? How much bigger, heavier is the Pro and would I care?

Advice welcome, especially which ROM to use (Dash's uber mod) plus install NAV and TV cabs which I haven't figured out how to do since it's not been something I could do if I were to exchange the Touch.

You guys are great, at my Sprint store they don't have a soul there who knows dick about Touch or Pro. Talk about clueless. If I didn't find you guys I would have already given them back their phone with explicit instructions about what to do with it. I mean, having kewl technology is one thing, knowing how to harness it is quite another matter. Sprint should be paying you folks huge buck-a-dingdongs for the public service you provide.

--------- New Post Merged on 26/10/2008 at 0849 --------

ack!
I should have been clearer. I currently have a HTC Diamond Touch, not a mere Touch, haha. As for Moguls, I ski on/over em, I never talk to them. I even used to do a lot of biz with them even. Talking into a Mogul...what's the world coming to?
The Following User Says Thank You to enigmatic For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2008, 11:14 AM

“ Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post

weeeeel....
I've got a brand new touch with a 30 day return window from Sprint. Now here's what I'd like some comments on. Issues with 'touch' are as follows. Battery life, yes I can put a new ROM in it but only if I am gonna keep it cuz I am pretty sure Sprint won't like taking back a modified phone. Battery life is less of an issue if I disable BT but what's with that, I like BT and don't especially like having to fiddle with this since I am used to putting a fricking phone in my pocket and doing my thing which includes driving my car and in that wonderful beastie I NEED BT. I have little fingers but they aren't little enough to use the touch screen with great accuracy so I have to use the stylus which I'm also not so keen on. 4 G internal memory no expansion.

Touch Pro has a slide out QWERTY kb, finger issue resolved! Memory expandable to 16 G. Battery issues the same (from what I have read on this site) but if I like it I can mod the ROM and resolve that one.

So do I get a Touch Pro, (free exchange plus nominal price difference) or just live with the Touch and upgrade the ROM and live with the stylus? How much bigger, heavier is the Pro and would I care?

Advice welcome, especially which ROM to use (Dash's uber mod) plus install NAV and TV cabs which I haven't figured out how to do since it's not been something I could do if I were to exchange the Touch.

You guys are great, at my Sprint store they don't have a soul there who knows dick about Touch or Pro. Talk about clueless. If I didn't find you guys I would have already given them back their phone with explicit instructions about what to do with it. I mean, having kewl technology is one thing, knowing how to harness it is quite another matter. Sprint should be paying you folks huge buck-a-dingdongs for the public service you provide.

--------- New Post Merged on 26/10/2008 at 0849 --------

ack!
I should have been clearer. I currently have a HTC Diamond Touch, not a mere Touch, haha. As for Moguls, I ski on/over em, I never talk to them. I even used to do a lot of biz with them even. Talking into a Mogul...what's the world coming to?
between your diamond and a touch pro the size difference is there but truthfully not the worst thing to happen..... i would go wit hthe touch pro for your uses, i love mine and wouldnt trade it for nothing at the moment at least :>
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-27-2008, 06:29 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View enigmatic's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View enigmatic's Photo Album Add enigmatic's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks for the advice. With BT disabled my Diamond Touch won't make it anywhere close to 24 hours without a charge, maybe 8 hours!!! The phone gets VERY hot when I am simply talking on it. Disabling BT, and most everything else isn't what I expect for $250 or $600 depending on how you look at things. Maybe this is the way it is with PDA's but it's not the way I expect a phone to work. Talk time and standby time are so out of touch (pun intended) with my real world experience I'm wondering if I have a lemon or someone is shoveling a ton of B.S.? I will exchange my little gem for a Pro version and see what happens. If I can't resolve the battery life I'm going back to a straight forward phone, not a PDA that won't hold any sort of reasonable charge. Yesterday, I talked for less than 1 hour total time. I checked weather maybe twice. I retrieved email messages (maybe a couple of dozen) and then got a message that my phone was at a critical battery level. AND.....when I was talking on it the last time it actually got uncomfortably warm (hot). I can't belive this is how the HTC Diamond Touch is supposed to work right out of the box but if it is, it's gonna be history!
Old 10-27-2008, 04:20 PM

“ Originally Posted by enigmatic View Post

Thanks for the advice. With BT disabled my Diamond Touch won't make it anywhere close to 24 hours without a charge, maybe 8 hours!!! The phone gets VERY hot when I am simply talking on it. Disabling BT, and most everything else isn't what I expect for $250 or $600 depending on how you look at things. Maybe this is the way it is with PDA's but it's not the way I expect a phone to work. Talk time and standby time are so out of touch (pun intended) with my real world experience I'm wondering if I have a lemon or someone is shoveling a ton of B.S.? I will exchange my little gem for a Pro version and see what happens. If I can't resolve the battery life I'm going back to a straight forward phone, not a PDA that won't hold any sort of reasonable charge. Yesterday, I talked for less than 1 hour total time. I checked weather maybe twice. I retrieved email messages (maybe a couple of dozen) and then got a message that my phone was at a critical battery level. AND.....when I was talking on it the last time it actually got uncomfortably warm (hot). I can't belive this is how the HTC Diamond Touch is supposed to work right out of the box but if it is, it's gonna be history!
thats why you have to do a search.... your talking about your diamond in a touch pro area... and no, not all are like that.... as said in many threads on battery life for the diamond that we have here use the juicy rom and that will fix all the problems..... for a tutorial on flashing look below this post in my signature.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2008, 12:25 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul

View Hagen5244's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Hagen5244's Photo Album Add Hagen5244's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Does the pro run faster than the mogul? That is my main complaint about the mogul its just slow, and once you have a few programs running its even slower.
Old 11-08-2008, 01:02 AM

“ Originally Posted by Hagen5244 View Post

Does the pro run faster than the mogul? That is my main complaint about the mogul its just slow, and once you have a few programs running its even slower.
yeah it has a faster processor and on top of that more ram and memory :>
Old 11-08-2008, 07:27 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Hagen5244 View Post

thats like asking does the sun come up in the day time......I have said it before and ill say it again....Pro is best pda ppc on the market point blank period...
The Following User Says Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
pro, release, sprint, touch