Post New ThreadReply

Old 11-03-2008, 05:39 PM
sracercelica sracercelica is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint TP
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View sracercelica's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sracercelica's Photo Album Add sracercelica's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Contract Renewal Question

Ok so Im eligible for a two year contract renewal offer but not until December 16! However, I really want the Touch Pro now but dont want to have to pay full price. Is there anything I could do so that they would allow me to renew my contract early and be able to get the touch pro at 299??

Any help is appreciated.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:06 PM
Mobile Model: Mogul, Pro, Iphone
Mobile Carrier: Sprint, At&t
Mobile OS: 6.5

View nadcicle's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nadcicle's Photo Album Add nadcicle's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Contract Renewal Question

Possibly call sprints retention line and request to get the touch pro with an early contract renewal sounds in order
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nadcicle For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2008, 06:23 PM

View sracercelica's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sracercelica's Photo Album Add sracercelica's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

What is sprints retention?
Old 11-03-2008, 06:32 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post

What is sprints retention?
do a search for sprint direct numbers here and you will find the number.... and yes even through telesales if you want to extend your contract you will be able to and pay the 375.99 minus the $100-150 dollar rebate as well as the renewal istant rebate...... if that doesnt work than try retentions and be stern with them and you will get anything that you want..... be sure to show off with the lingo and show them that you do know what you are talking about.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2008, 06:38 PM

Ok, Im goint to try that and hopefully that works. One more thing, would I be able to do something like that in a sprint store?
Old 11-03-2008, 06:57 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ok, Im goint to try that and hopefully that works. One more thing, would I be able to do something like that in a sprint store?
no retentions only....trust dash it works.... I got my pro well cheap...and working on getting second free right now as i type...lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 11-03-2008, 07:04 PM

Ok, thanks....by the way...any tips on what I should tell them? I've never really call in exept to get an explanation of my bill and Im not very comfrontational...lol
Old 11-03-2008, 08:32 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ok, thanks....by the way...any tips on what I should tell them? I've never really call in exept to get an explanation of my bill and Im not very comfrontational...lol
all you have to do is do the research on what features that you were supposed to have on your phone that arent working correctly and just complain about those.... bluetooth, internet troubles and needing it to work since you use gps everyday for your job, etc....
Old 11-04-2008, 08:30 PM

So I called sprint today and told them what was up. So they ended up giving me the touch pro for 299!! Should be here on friday, cant wait!!!! However, the guy was charging me some sort of equipment tax of 58 dollars, which I had never heard of! When he realized how pissed I was cuz of that he gave me a 58 dollar credit on my bill
Old 11-04-2008, 09:29 PM

So I called sprint today and told them what was up. So they ended up giving me the touch pro for 299!! Should be here on friday, cant wait!!!! However, the guy was charging me some sort of equipment tax of 58 dollars, which I had never heard of! When he realized how pissed I was cuz of that he gave me a 58 dollar credit on my bill
hahahahaha very nice you cant complain there brudda man!!!!!!! and congrats on the raphael you will love it :>
Old 11-06-2008, 11:03 PM

I gots it! I gots my precious!!!!
Old 11-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Mobile Model: HTC PPC6900
Mobile Carrier: Alltel

View Ketil's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Ketil's Photo Album Add Ketil's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm wondering if this would work at alltel. Unfortunately I just signed with them in June.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:58 PM

“ Originally Posted by Ketil View Post

I'm wondering if this would work at alltel. Unfortunately I just signed with them in June.
no this is a talk on sprint.... the customer service between the two is totally different.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:49 PM

Yeah, Sprint will do almost anything to keep customers because of how bad their churn rate is. Oh and by the way I got it through the store. Turns out that after placing my order when they send the tracking email I checked and the TP was on backorder. So I called to cancell my order, the lady said if I could find it in a store to buy it there and they would honor the price that the Telesales dept game me. So I did and they did!
The Following User Says Thank You to sracercelica For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View billhickle's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View billhickle's Photo Album Add billhickle's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I called retentions and got mine for $209.00 once i sell my Vouge i will come out pretty good.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to billhickle For This Useful Post:
Old 11-11-2008, 05:55 PM

Well I knew it would be to good to be true! and sure enough Sprint ****ed me over! Turns out that intead of refunding my check card for the one I had order through telesales and cancelled, they are just trying to give me a credit to my sprint account! Thats total BS! I have called and complained and they told me they will see what they can do but it will take 3-5 days. In the meanwhile I dont have any money cuz I had paid with my visa check card and they pretty much charged me for the phone twice and didnt give me my money back! Im so pissed off at sprint it makes me want to cancell my contract! Now I see why they are loosing customers up the ass!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:52 PM
<--Yea, that's me
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

View Bralgar's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Bralgar's Photo Album Add Bralgar's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

all you have to do is do the research on what features that you were supposed to have on your phone that arent working correctly and just complain about those.... bluetooth, internet troubles and needing it to work since you use gps everyday for your job, etc....
I renewed my contract back in June, and got a mogul....for free ;-). If I'd have known the TP was coming out only 4 months later I would have waited. Now I have an obsolete phone with a sloppy slide keyboard and a loose/flaky usb port. Think that would get me a trade up for a TP?
Old 11-11-2008, 07:03 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Bralgar View Post

I renewed my contract back in June, and got a mogul....for free ;-). If I'd have known the TP was coming out only 4 months later I would have waited. Now I have an obsolete phone with a sloppy slide keyboard and a loose/flaky usb port. Think that would get me a trade up for a TP?
They might but just call retentions and you must know what your talking about

Old 11-11-2008, 11:21 PM

Well I knew it would be to good to be true! and sure enough Sprint ****ed me over! Turns out that intead of refunding my check card for the one I had order through telesales and cancelled, they are just trying to give me a credit to my sprint account! Thats total BS! I have called and complained and they told me they will see what they can do but it will take 3-5 days. In the meanwhile I dont have any money cuz I had paid with my visa check card and they pretty much charged me for the phone twice and didnt give me my money back! Im so pissed off at sprint it makes me want to cancell my contract! Now I see why they are loosing customers up the ass!
call back and tell them that you want a check sent to you for the balance on your account.... they have to do it.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:28 PM

I called them back and they said they would send a check but it will take up to 10 days to receive! Not only that they will only refund the credit after taking out the amount for this months bill -which is not even due-. Sprint really ****ed me over this time. I cancelled the order Thursday, I expected to have a refund within 2-3 days (what it should take) because I need to pay bill this Friday! Now I dont have money to pay my bills.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:54 PM

I called them back and they said they would send a check but it will take up to 10 days to receive! Not only that they will only refund the credit after taking out the amount for this months bill -which is not even due-. Sprint really ****ed me over this time. I cancelled the order Thursday, I expected to have a refund within 2-3 days (what it should take) because I need to pay bill this Friday! Now I dont have money to pay my bills.
damn bro i hope all goes well for you :>
Old 11-16-2008, 06:36 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Diamond

View THE I NCREDIBLE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View THE I NCREDIBLE's Photo Album Add THE I NCREDIBLE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Dude, sorry to hear you're going through so much trouble. But this is probably the best opportunity to call retentions believe it or not. Before you didn't know what to say, now you have more than a valid reason to demand whatever you want. I'd call them right now tell them to "put Barak Obama on the phone because I'm so pissed at how you (sprint) mislead and inconvenienced me, and all I wanted was a good qaulity phone at a reasonable price.... but YOU can't even get that right, now what are YOU going to do to fix it...." follow that up with..."you know what, let me speak to your supervisor- right NOW...." And really let them have it. If you really want to get into the reps' head, have your wife or girlfriend there, and say "honey take the phone because this person is pissing me off, and let her scream on them for awhile". You know, take turns like a tag team match, you hold them while she comes off the top turn buckle. Make a ridiculous demand like I want 6 months free and a free phone and a trip to mars with amenities and see where it goes. The barter system still exists.

All jokes aside, I hope things work out for you.
The Following User Says Thank You to THE I NCREDIBLE For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
contract, question, renewal