Old 11-23-2008, 07:00 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
More writing on the wall for the imminent fall of Sprint

Oh oh!
More writing on the wall for the imminent fall of Sprint:

http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2008/...hits-the-road/

Sprint’s head of CDMA hits the road

Posted by Zach Epstein on Nov 23, 2008 3:41 pm 13 comments
Filed in News, Sprint
Will Dan Hesse’s woes never cease? In a sudden move this past week, yet another member of Sprint’s top management decided he had enough and went running for the hills. John Garcia, the now-former head of Sprint’s CDMA business, abruptly parted ways with the carrier and left Keith Cowan, president of strategy and corporate development, to pick up the pieces in his place. Sprint has made no official statement on the matter, which leaves the press to fill in the cracks with speculation - never a good thing. Garcia’s departure is the latest in a continuing trend of turnover, both voluntary and involuntary, among Sprint’s top dogs. After posting a staggering $326 million loss this past quarter and internally announcing a voluntary separation program, the last thing Hesse needed was yet another higher-up heading for the hills. Hopefully Cowan will turn out to be a bit less of a flight risk and Hesse can go back to figuring out how to keep the remainder of his 50.5 million subscribers from jumping ship.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2008, 07:09 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: More writing on the wall for the imminent fall of Sprint

THE FALL OF SPRINT !! what will we do then?
The Following User Says Thank You to NINE'SICKS For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2008, 08:03 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by NINE'SICKS View Post

i dont know go to alltel since they will be getting the phones first lmao :>
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2008, 08:11 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul (PPC-6800)
Mobile Carrier: Sprint PCS
Mobile OS: 6.1

View legend2700's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View legend2700's Photo Album Add legend2700's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by NINE'SICKS View Post

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

i dont know go to alltel since they will be getting the phones first lmao :>
OMFG! i really hope they get sumthin figured out! i love sprint so much and would hate to see it fall!

Old 11-23-2008, 08:38 PM

“ Originally Posted by legend2700 View Post

OMFG! i really hope they get sumthin figured out! i love sprint so much and would hate to see it fall!
i dont think that they would fall any time soon since they have a deal pending overseas to get rid of nextel from their line since thats what caused the damage to their company anyways......
Old 11-23-2008, 11:09 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

lets hope not, im in cali and the only thing thats close to sprint is verizon... but they suck so i think ill never touch a pda/smart phone again!!
The Following User Says Thank You to NINE'SICKS For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint TP
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View sracercelica's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sracercelica's Photo Album Add sracercelica's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i dont think that they would fall any time soon since they have a deal pending overseas to get rid of nextel from their line since thats what caused the damage to their company anyways......
I believe that they scraped that deal. They decide to stick it out with nextel which I think is a big mistake. I really hope Sprint gets its shit together. I have a lot of money riding on it - about 1,000 shares
Old 11-24-2008, 02:00 AM

“ Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post

I believe that they scraped that deal. They decide to stick it out with nextel which I think is a big mistake. I really hope Sprint gets its shit together. I have a lot of money riding on it - about 1,000 shares
ouch that sucks......... what were you thinking lmao :sulkoff:
Old 11-24-2008, 04:23 AM
Mobile Model: Mogul, Pro, Iphone
Mobile Carrier: Sprint, At&t

View nadcicle's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nadcicle's Photo Album Add nadcicle's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Around where i live there is entirely to many dead spots for sprint. The only two phones you can carry here are at&t and verizon without dropping calls. I've always liked my sprint though. I just wish they could offer the same coverage in rural areas as the larger companies. If comcast would have picked up verizon like they said they were i might have just switched. However, that deal went sour or so it seemed and i still have my sprint.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View fanaticny's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View fanaticny's Photo Album Add fanaticny's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

DAMN, well sprint sucks here in Long Island, NY , i can't make calls from my house bc it will either connect and then drop or i'd just have no service at all, at least they're giving me free internet lol 7 months now. I wouldn't like to see it fall either, more companies around, better deals.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View gbogart100's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gbogart100's Photo Album Add gbogart100's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I can't afford to lose my SERO, cuz if sprint goes under im gonna have to say bye bye to my data plan...a big wut up to the broke college students!
Old 11-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint TP

View sracercelica's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sracercelica's Photo Album Add sracercelica's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

ouch that sucks......... what were you thinking lmao :sulkoff:
I was thinking that at $2.85 a share (price I paid) it was a great deal. I didnt think it would go any lower
The Following User Says Thank You to sracercelica For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Mobile Model: xv6850
Mobile Carrier: vzw aka da network

View willmatic08's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View willmatic08's Photo Album Add willmatic08's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

u know i new something like this would happen,jus didnt think it would be so quick.I see most of the forums i go to (SpJ,PPCGEEKS,XDA,exc)have pretty much 75 to about 80% sprint users.Me personally am verizon to the death,because some of my dudez **** wit sprint and i be schoolin them on the free phone shit and the shit is crazy easier ta do wit sprint.Also when u get a sprint phone (replacment) u gotta go thru all this shit to get the esn changed,wit vzw u jus dial *228 and Option 3 and your good and u can keep doing that all day for free,never have to talk to a live person.Sprint definatley holds shit down when it comes to pushing out devices first but none of them shits is really exclusive.Vzw takes there time but u better believe the shit iz madd compatible with there network,also i jus picked up dat bb storm and i'm lovin this phone i'm defitnatley not gettin the touch pro or diamond,n my opinion there both trash.Dont get me wrong im windows allday but the blackberry screen is bigger than the iphones im using alot of my windows apps like opera mini google maps exc,and you will only see this shit on vzw network.Now i know theres alot of vzw haters round here but do the math,they holding shit down,plus i believe it has been finalized,the purchase of Alltel and the way shit iz going for sprint who knows.I jus smoked some Bless so im jus TALKIN 2 YA,JUS MY THOUGHTS
Old 11-24-2008, 03:07 PM

“ Originally Posted by willmatic08 View Post

u know i new something like this would happen,jus didnt think it would be so quick.I see most of the forums i go to (SpJ,PPCGEEKS,XDA,exc)have pretty much 75 to about 80% sprint users.Me personally am verizon to the death,because some of my dudez **** wit sprint and i be schoolin them on the free phone shit and the shit is crazy easier ta do wit sprint.Also when u get a sprint phone (replacment) u gotta go thru all this shit to get the esn changed,wit vzw u jus dial *228 and Option 3 and your good and u can keep doing that all day for free,never have to talk to a live person.Sprint definatley holds shit down when it comes to pushing out devices first but none of them shits is really exclusive.Vzw takes there time but u better believe the shit iz madd compatible with there network,also i jus picked up dat bb storm and i'm lovin this phone i'm defitnatley not gettin the touch pro or diamond,n my opinion there both trash.Dont get me wrong im windows allday but the blackberry screen is bigger than the iphones im using alot of my windows apps like opera mini google maps exc,and you will only see this shit on vzw network.Now i know theres alot of vzw haters round here but do the math,they holding shit down,plus i believe it has been finalized,the purchase of Alltel and the way shit iz going for sprint who knows.I jus smoked some Bless so im jus TALKIN 2 YA,JUS MY THOUGHTS
you odnt have to change the esn you can activate right on sprint.com in seconds and dont have to talk to anyone......
Old 11-24-2008, 03:52 PM
Mobile Model: xv6850
Mobile Carrier: vzw aka da network

View willmatic08's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View willmatic08's Photo Album Add willmatic08's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

you odnt have to change the esn you can activate right on sprint.com in seconds and dont have to talk to anyone......
my fault i wuz under the impression,because everytime this guy got a replacment he would dial *2 or something and be on the phone 4 a minute tryn 2 get connected,anyway i hope shit works out 4 sprint cause for the most part they set the pace,feel me.
Old 11-24-2008, 04:03 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

sprint wouldnt really just disappear, someone would buy them. Verizon cant really buy sprint because then they would have a monopoly over the CDMA market so not sure who would do it but Sprint is probably the best network out there; just the higher ups dont know what they are doing OR how to organize priorities. All it would take is for the higherups to be in the store for 1 day to see what steps need to be takin instead of basing their decisions of numbers. Sprint made a lot of dumb decisions ( most of which involve Nextel ) and are continuing to make the same mistakes over and over again. First the buy Nextel ( a failing company ) then it knocks us down a bit, then they say well we're gonna put direct connect on Sprint! Another waste of time. Why make the networks compatible? It takes way too much time / resources to make a technology then try to fit it with another one. IMO they should just drop the whole Nextel thing, upgrade old Nextel customers to new Sprint phones ( with the new kind of direct connect ) then sell the Nextel ( TDMA ) towers to a smaller cell phone network just starting out. To make up for the loss on upgrading cell phones.

The Following User Says Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 11-24-2008, 04:44 PM

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

sprint wouldnt really just disappear, someone would buy them. Verizon cant really buy sprint because then they would have a monopoly over the CDMA market so not sure who would do it but Sprint is probably the best network out there; just the higher ups dont know what they are doing OR how to organize priorities. All it would take is for the higherups to be in the store for 1 day to see what steps need to be takin instead of basing their decisions of numbers. Sprint made a lot of dumb decisions ( most of which involve Nextel ) and are continuing to make the same mistakes over and over again. First the buy Nextel ( a failing company ) then it knocks us down a bit, then they say well we're gonna put direct connect on Sprint! Another waste of time. Why make the networks compatible? It takes way too much time / resources to make a technology then try to fit it with another one. IMO they should just drop the whole Nextel thing, upgrade old Nextel customers to new Sprint phones ( with the new kind of direct connect ) then sell the Nextel ( TDMA ) towers to a smaller cell phone network just starting out. To make up for the loss on upgrading cell phones.
exactly, but you know as well as i do tim since we both work at sprint that sprint corporates and higher ups will never step in a sprint store and never had isince they got their position.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
fall, imminent, sprint, wall, writing