Sprint troublethoughts

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 12-15-2008, 10:20 AM
jGreen jGreen is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View jGreen's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jGreen's Photo Album Add jGreen's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint troublethoughts

I've been pretty happy with Sprint since I started with them YEARS ago. The only problem I ever have with them is when I make plan changes...it seems to take about 3 months to get it right. I have a family plan with 5 lines (3 WM smartphones, 2 non). All of the sudden, my sprint navigation stopped working. It gives me a screen telling me to subscribe to it or enter in credit card information...while I already subscribe to it, and it shows up online and when I talk to sprint on the phone.

They suggested I install/uninstall sprint nav...which I did, and it did not fix the problem (I'm not sure why it would anyways, since it tries to verify the account with sprint). I've been fairly unhappy with my Mogul anyways, with keys typing some letters repppeatttedly, short battery life, and some slow/unresponsive keys. Not to mention other known problems with the mogul. I've tried a couple different rom's, and am currently on Kaos's most recent rom.

I would consider myself a good customer, and even though I'm paying for navigation, it won't work, and they want me to essentially buy a new phone (got the mogul in March). I never have time to sit on the phone and have a full conversation with retentions (2 jobs and starting my own company).

This is mostly a rant/rave...but I'm wondering, does anyone have any thoughts? Do you think this is something I could clear up (and maybe get a new touch pro) via emailing sprint rather than sitting on the phone?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:04 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint troublethoughts

“ Originally Posted by jGreen View Post

I've been pretty happy with Sprint since I started with them YEARS ago. The only problem I ever have with them is when I make plan changes...it seems to take about 3 months to get it right. I have a family plan with 5 lines (3 WM smartphones, 2 non). All of the sudden, my sprint navigation stopped working. It gives me a screen telling me to subscribe to it or enter in credit card information...while I already subscribe to it, and it shows up online and when I talk to sprint on the phone.

They suggested I install/uninstall sprint nav...which I did, and it did not fix the problem (I'm not sure why it would anyways, since it tries to verify the account with sprint). I've been fairly unhappy with my Mogul anyways, with keys typing some letters repppeatttedly, short battery life, and some slow/unresponsive keys. Not to mention other known problems with the mogul. I've tried a couple different rom's, and am currently on Kaos's most recent rom.

I would consider myself a good customer, and even though I'm paying for navigation, it won't work, and they want me to essentially buy a new phone (got the mogul in March). I never have time to sit on the phone and have a full conversation with retentions (2 jobs and starting my own company).

This is mostly a rant/rave...but I'm wondering, does anyone have any thoughts? Do you think this is something I could clear up (and maybe get a new touch pro) via emailing sprint rather than sitting on the phone?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
yeah you can give email a try, i seem to be more successful through email than i do over the phone... remember they are going to say no the first time so just keep pushing and pressing that reoly button once they send the email so the convo is all in one email.... hope all goes good for you in the venture and let us know how it goes
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2008, 12:33 PM

View jGreen's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jGreen's Photo Album Add jGreen's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Sounds good. When I get a minute to sit down, I'll make sure to write up the email.

Thanks a ton, Dash!
The Following User Says Thank You to jGreen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2008, 02:05 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

no troubles here to help :>
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2008, 06:23 AM
Mobile Model: T.O.U.C.H P.R.O
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT SPEED
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Fatal_Error's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Fatal_Error's Photo Album Add Fatal_Error's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey let us know what they tell you

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fatal_Error For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2008, 07:52 AM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I personally have luck on the phone but email to and there more than likely goin to try and credit you through your account once you buy your new phone but you have to be strict and tell them you dont want to be paying because its there job to keep there customers happy and stuff like that and more than likely your not goin to get a pro because i gotta wait until next year 1-19-09 for mine to shipped

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 1mrlcb For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2008, 09:00 AM

I still haven't had a chance to sit down and write a well thought out email...but I do understand that they're low on touch pro's...so I need to come up with a way to position it that I am okay with waiting while still creating that sense of urgency.

To be honest, crediting my account really won't make it ok...it's genuinely broken.
The Following User Says Thank You to jGreen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2008, 09:58 AM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I still haven't had a chance to sit down and write a well thought out email...but I do understand that they're low on touch pro's...so I need to come up with a way to position it that I am okay with waiting while still creating that sense of urgency.

To be honest, crediting my account really won't make it ok...it's genuinely broken.
They always try to make me buy a new phone then say email them once i do then they will credit my account

Old 12-16-2008, 02:36 PM

That would still be fine with me...the end result is the same.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:16 PM

That would still be fine with me...the end result is the same.
no i wouldnt do it for the fact that you cant trust that sprint will actually do that or add it to their notes.
Old 12-16-2008, 11:23 PM

But when I do it via email, I'll have the thread and saved emails to prove it, along with the name of the person who helped me...
Old 12-16-2008, 11:33 PM

But when I do it via email, I'll have the thread and saved emails to prove it, along with the name of the person who helped me...
make sure you get all the information including the last name so they cant say shit later.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
sprint, troublethoughts