Old 01-07-2009, 04:40 AM
CYBER WEESJE CYBER WEESJE is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Vista: Make your user account true admin

First of all this is not for everyone.. as by doing this you gain complete controll of everything and can by your own doings do more dmg than you can with the standard user acct. But on the flip side you can do alot more things without the annoyances..

for example i tried using registry defrag on my eternity vista x64 (wouldnt work) not even if i "run as administrator" this program and some others require total administrator privilages

I recommend doing this only on new installs. It can be done on an old install but however u will want to make sure u get everything from your user folder out that u want to keep.. also be advised that all program settings will go back to default (since the admin account wont have the "user data" of ur current account)

For Windows Vista Ultimate/Business/Enterprise:

1- Click Start, and type "secpol.msc" in the search area and click Enter. (You may receive a prompt from UAC, approve/login and proceed)
2- In the left list, choose "Local Policies", then "Security Options"
3- Set "Accounts: Administrator account status" to Enabled.
4- Set "User Account Control: Admin Approval Mode for the Built-in Administrator account" to Disabled.

For Windows Vista Home Basic/Home Premium:

1- Click Start, and type "cmd" in the search area, right click on "Command Prompt" and select 'Run as Administrator".

2- In the command prompt type "net users Administrator /active:yes" (Note the capital "A" in Administrator) and press Enter, you will get a confirmation as "The command completed successfully".

3- Click Start, and type "regedit" in the search area and click Enter, navigate to: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System]
Double click on "FilterAdministratorToken" and set it to "0"

Now then after a log off you will see "Administrator"
From here you can use User Accounts to delete you old account, change the name of the admisistrator account (ex. BillyBob)

and from here on out u can use the account like you would have the other but you will have full control wont have to "run as administrator", you will not have to log in under administrator just to run certain programs (ex. ones that maintenance the registry and ect..) and you will not get the annoying pop ups about various things

As i said i recommend for new install but it is rather easy to move things over from your user folder to the admin folder
if you are going to do it this way.. dont forget about the start menu. most of the items will be for the user account and be in the start menu folder (dont want to loose those) To access your old user start menu folder from the admin acct. you will have to take ownership. If its a new install you will not have to worry about the Application Data and if its an old one.. well its just settings.. re do them :P

the end

GRTZ WEESJE
TEAM HTC@SPJ
HIT THANKS ON THE WAY OUT
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
account, admin, make, true, user, vista