HTC Fuze or iPhone

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Porschefb61 Porschefb61 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Mogul

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Porschefb61's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Porschefb61's Photo Album Add Porschefb61's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
HTC Fuze or iPhone

I currently have the Sprint Mogul but I am switching plans from Sprint to AT&T soon and was deciding between the Fuze and the iPhone. I dont know much about the iPhone but I know the Fuze is good cause it has WM6 and I can install apps and game from SPJ on it. What would u do? Thanks.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:05 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: HTC Fuze or iPhone

you would be nuts to get the iphone. you can not customize it at all. where a wm6 or higher phone if fully modifiable.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Porschefb61 View Post

I currently have the Sprint Mogul but I am switching plans from Sprint to AT&T soon and was deciding between the Fuze and the iPhone. I dont know much about the iPhone but I know the Fuze is good cause it has WM6 and I can install apps and game from SPJ on it. What would u do? Thanks.
Dude, pretty much everyone on this site will tell you to go w/ a fuze...

so let me ask you instead...did/do you like the experience you had with your mogul... the touch pro/Fuze is like the next generation to that same experience, more modern, higher quality tech (software and hardware) etc
if you did like your mogul... trust me you will miss it if you left this kind of OS to go get an iphone, which is little more than a fancy sidekick meshed with an ipod like programing

like Kaos said, not customizable at all, and everything is through apple, and what they feel like putting out...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2009, 02:02 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent View Post

Dude, pretty much everyone on this site will tell you to go w/ a fuze...

so let me ask you instead...did/do you like the experience you had with your mogul... the touch pro/Fuze is like the next generation to that same experience, more modern, higher quality tech (software and hardware) etc
if you did like your mogul... trust me you will miss it if you left this kind of OS to go get an iphone, which is little more than a fancy sidekick meshed with an ipod like programing

like Kaos said, not customizable at all, and everything is through apple, and what they feel like putting out...
Yea but Kaos is old and susceptible to alzheimer's. So he forgets what he posts minutes afterwards. He just happens to be correct this time. LOL. by

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Porschefb61 Porschefb61 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Mogul

View Porschefb61's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Porschefb61's Photo Album Add Porschefb61's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Sounds good. I was leaning towards the Fuze. The only reason I asked was cause i didnt know anything about the iPhone. But the Fuze sounds good. Thanks for the responses.

Old 01-09-2009, 02:06 PM
Mobile Model: htc fuze
Mobile Carrier: AT & T

View TVDinner's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TVDinner's Photo Album Add TVDinner's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

there is no question at all - go with the FUZE. I have a fuze and some of my friends have iphones. there is no comparison.

The iphone is like a pretty flower. it has all its features nicely installed for you and everything works all pretty and nice, BUT that is it. you cant do anything change anything or really go crazy with it.

The Fuze is like a WILD ROSE BUSH. It has all the features you can think of BUT it also grows wildly and in every direction. You can add to it endlessly and tinker and play. you can tear it down but it grows right back even stronger and more wild.

The Fuze is a mini computer machine in your hands. the iphone is a pastic toy.

or something like that, lol

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TVDinner For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Porschefb61 View Post

Sounds good. I was leaning towards the Fuze. The only reason I asked was cause i didnt know anything about the iPhone. But the Fuze sounds good. Thanks for the responses.
No problem man... be sure to hit that thanks/rep button for all those posts that help you out!

“ Originally Posted by TVDinner View Post

there is no question at all - go with the FUZE. I have a fuze and some of my friends have iphones. there is no comparison.

The iphone is like a pretty flower. it has all its features nicely installed for you and everything works all pretty and nice, BUT that is it. you cant do anything change anything or really go crazy with it.

The Fuze is like a WILD ROSE BUSH. It has all the features you can think of BUT it also grows wildly and in every direction. You can add to it endlessly and tinker and play. you can tear it down but it grows right back even stronger and more wild.

The Fuze is a mini computer machine in your hands. the iphone is a pastic toy.

or something like that, lol
LMAO... WOW TVDinner... I had no idea you was such a poetic soul... all the flowery metaphors and stuff... all I can say is WOW...lol

“ Originally Posted by Superman369 View Post

Yea but Kaos is old and susceptible to alzheimer's. So he forgets what he posts minutes afterwards. He just happens to be correct this time. LOL. by
ROFLMAO!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2009, 04:36 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

A few weeks ago I would have said definitely go with the fuze. As of late, however, I have become more and more acquainted with the iPhone / iPod touch interface. Everyone is correct in saying that you cant go crazy with the iPhone, but the iPhone's can be jailbroken and you can get programs like Winterboard or Summerboard and theme the icons and stuff. So it is customizable. After being jailbroken you can install apps that apple did not approve of that people made. I have yet to have a need that is not satisfied by some kind of application whether it be in cydia or app store. The screen is bigger on the iphone and the touchscreen is by far better. This is coming from a wm fanboy. People that are hatin on the iPhone play with a jailbroken one and see how nice they can be. I still have my Diamond and have played with the Touch Pro, I work for Sprint and yet i await the iPhones arrival to the CDMA world.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2009, 05:01 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

huh not the biggest fan of the iphone since it is overadvertised but all of apples stuff is.... but anyways as many know i hate the iphone for one reason alone... that reason is that you cant have many different ui to choose from...... the iphone is great phone and would love to see the screen sensativity and the screen size itself on windows mobile but will have to continue to wait since im not a huge fan of being limited on what i can add and can't.....
Old 01-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Mobile Model: htc fuze
Mobile Carrier: AT & T

View TVDinner's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TVDinner's Photo Album Add TVDinner's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

With my 16 gig card in my Fuze I have eliminated multiple gadgets.

My Fuze is my
1) phone - full computer phone
2) music player - I have over 1000 songs on my Fuze
3) movie player - I currently have 6 movies on my Fuze and add or remove them weekly
4) camera - with tweaks I can now take high res panoramic pics and great regular pics
5) video and youtube video recorder

My Fuze alone has made what I carry daily dramatically less. I take my Fuze to the gym, work, travel, everywhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to TVDinner For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2009, 05:48 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

you would be nuts to get the iphone. you can not customize it at all. where a wm6 or higher phone if fully modifiable.

lol...I am definitely a fan of the WM phones over all be far...but it is totally customizable and you can do alot with it...this is coming from a user of WM phones such as the mogul touch, and I don't own a touch pro or diamond yet, but I have used them and I do also own a Iphone 3G

Old 01-09-2009, 05:50 PM
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

A few weeks ago I would have said definitely go with the fuze. As of late, however, I have become more and more acquainted with the iPhone / iPod touch interface. Everyone is correct in saying that you cant go crazy with the iPhone, but the iPhone's can be jailbroken and you can get programs like Winterboard or Summerboard and theme the icons and stuff. So it is customizable. After being jailbroken you can install apps that apple did not approve of that people made. I have yet to have a need that is not satisfied by some kind of application whether it be in cydia or app store. The screen is bigger on the iphone and the touchscreen is by far better. This is coming from a wm fanboy. People that are hatin on the iPhone play with a jailbroken one and see how nice they can be. I still have my Diamond and have played with the Touch Pro, I work for Sprint and yet i await the iPhones arrival to the CDMA world.

ditto...but there actually even more you can do with the iphone then venum says...what he mentions is the basic open source stuff thats available there is also installous(more info. in iphone applications)...and the iphone OS is actually a layer of Leopard OS for the mac and there is much more that developers can do with it...you should see what android looks like on it...lol...but that is for another day...

Old 01-09-2009, 05:54 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

huh not the biggest fan of the iphone since it is overadvertised but all of apples stuff is.... but anyways as many know i hate the iphone for one reason alone... that reason is that you cant have many different ui to choose from...... the iphone is great phone and would love to see the screen sensativity and the screen size itself on windows mobile but will have to continue to wait since im not a huge fan of being limited on what i can add and can't.....
yeah i hated the iphone for the same reasons. but now that i have used it and played with the UI i dont see a reason to change it. I can have pages and it works fine...you can see a lot of the UI's are attempting to do something a lot like the iPhone and the struggle is making something as good without making it look like a copycat. I still like windows mobile more than iphone, like DASHy said I would like to see an iphone with windows mobile, OR LINUX...now that would be HAWT

The Following User Says Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
fuze, htc, iphone