Old 01-09-2009, 07:26 AM
CYBER WEESJE CYBER WEESJE is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
The Palm Pre

hi guys i found this on a website the new palm pre think its looks pretty good like touch dual a bit chek the website dit not now this came out lol my from overseas lol

Code

http://www.engadget.com/photos/palm-pre-official-shots/1269153/

* Engadget
* Web
* Images
* Video
* News
* Local

Search

* RSS Feed
* Contact us
* Tip us on news!

Engadget's Comprehensive CES Coverage
The Palm Pre

by Paul Miller, posted Jan 8th 2009 at 2:00PM
The new-ness is underway, and Palm just debuted its long(est) awaited all-new handset, the Palm Pre. The curvy touchscreen handset has a 3.1-inch 320 x 480 multitouch display, with a silver center button down below and touch sensitivity all down the face -- the lower part is for "gestures." A full QWERTY keyboard slides out from the phone in a portrait orientation, and you can flip the phone on its side for accelerometer-sensed widescreen browsing. The phone is running Palm's all-new webOS platform, with TI's new OMAP CPU under the hood -- which Palm claims provides laptop-style power, and which juices the phones smooth transitions, scrolling and "deck of cards" app-switching. Other internal specs include EV-DO Rev. A, 802.11b/g WiFi, GPS, Bluetooth with A2DP and 8GB of built-in flash storage. There's a 3 megapixel camera with LED flash, mass storage-friendly microUSB plug and a good ol' 3.5mm headphone jack, but most exciting is the wireless charger -- a first for a mainstream phone. More shots are after the break, including a fancy FCC diagram depicting a removable battery. The phone is exclusive at launch for Sprint in the first half of 2009, no word on price just yet.

tell my what you think

GRTZ WEESJE
TEAM HTC@SPJ
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: The Palm Pre

im sorry but the way the pictures make it look i would have to say that it is the ugliest thing i have ever seen... that keyboard is pitiful and the os looks really cheap and vague for fast access to everything that you may need...... jsut my thoughts and i wont be messing with the device besides in store when i will crash it hahaha
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2009, 12:17 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Im gonna get it when it comes out webOS is based on linux and its supposed to be VERY easy to modify. I remember when i saw this in early development stages when it was codenamed the NOVA. It's gonna be a nasty phone, may bring palm back into the game. Dash, you'll like it once you see it and play with it. You should take a look at the UI video on youtube its pretty sick actually.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2009, 12:28 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

Im gonna get it when it comes out webOS is based on linux and its supposed to be VERY easy to modify. I remember when i saw this in early development stages when it was codenamed the NOVA. It's gonna be a nasty phone, may bring palm back into the game. Dash, you'll like it once you see it and play with it. You should take a look at the UI video on youtube its pretty sick actually.
do you know if they are going to make the code open source for the public? and i will take a look at the video now.... and get this shit bro i saw a dude today and he was using raptor to to code with lmao..... now thats basic basic lmao
Old 01-09-2009, 01:27 PM
Mobile Model: Mogul, Pro, Iphone
Mobile Carrier: Sprint, At&t

View nadcicle's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View nadcicle's Photo Album Add nadcicle's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I like my phones to be a little more squared off myself. It is just too round for me and the whole boomerang effect when you slide out the keyboard is not appealing at all either.

Now take all these specifications and bump that cam to a 5mp and a larger screen and put it in the touch HD with a slide out keyboard and you got yourself a nice phone. Til then im not that far impressed. Sounds like a Touch dual with a different OS and 8gig internal....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nadcicle For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2009, 02:05 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Didn't palm just get like 100 million dollar cash infusion to get them back in the market competitivly?... I'm assuming this is the kick off to their new revamp to the company... I dunno, kinda weak for a $100 mill investment... i was expecting so much more... i will check for hat video and take a look tho... but shesh... i would think they would try and come out with something ground breaking... at this point it looks like they jumped into a game of follow the leader.

The Following User Says Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2009, 04:10 PM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

do you know if they are going to make the code open source for the public? and i will take a look at the video now.... and get this shit bro i saw a dude today and he was using raptor to to code with lmao..... now thats basic basic lmao
iknow they are going to release an SDK for it, whether or not they do full open source is up to them. I have no idea. haha.

The Following User Says Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2009, 05:02 PM

iknow they are going to release an SDK for it, whether or not they do full open source is up to them. I have no idea. haha.
why not? i thought the mighty venum knew all lmao
Old 01-09-2009, 06:44 PM
The VenumX Factor

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

why not? i thought the mighty venum knew all lmao
researched and found out it IS open source. Back to knowing all.

The Following User Says Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
palm, pre