Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-19-2009, 01:03 PM
Atrocious Atrocious is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Atrocious's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Atrocious's Photo Album Add Atrocious's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Casual Data Usage

Just wondering if I should be getting charged for casual data usage from downloading, games, SP Mobile shell n Throttle Launcher from this site. Right now I don't have a data plan for my phone but plan on getting one. Past couple of month I've been getting charged for data usage n I don't get on the internet. Maybe I can find out from sprint what the data usage is but I figured I ask all of you first be4 I go ahead n call sprint. Thanks
Old 01-19-2009, 02:40 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Casual Data Usage

If you accessed the internet, downloaded anything from your phone, used navigation, music store, or sprint TV... all of them use DATA and you are probably being charged. I would get a DATA plan ASAP! Mogul isn't very good without one!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2009, 09:19 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

If you accessed the internet, downloaded anything from your phone, used navigation, music store, or sprint TV... all of them use DATA and you are probably being charged. I would get a DATA plan ASAP! Mogul is very good without one!
yup you will be charged and any ppc is useless with data for the most part like jew said.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-19-2009, 10:44 PM

View Atrocious's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Atrocious's Photo Album Add Atrocious's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah I plan on getting a data plan, but I was just wondering if anything I down load from this site is gonna cause me to use data ( I know somethings do), like I said above. Are the Games, SP Mobile shell and Throttle lock use data if I use them. I haven't been on the internet with it, so i'm wondering about those I listed because thats all I downloaded to my phone so far. Thanks again
Old 01-20-2009, 12:41 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Atrocious View Post

Yeah I plan on getting a data plan, but I was just wondering if anything I down load from this site is gonna cause me to use data ( I know somethings do), like I said above. Are the Games, SP Mobile shell and Throttle lock use data if I use them. I haven't been on the internet with it, so i'm wondering about those I listed because thats all I downloaded to my phone so far. Thanks again
yes and downloading programs are going to be expensive sicne they charge by kb...... i would get it added now so you only pay 15 and not more which you are surely at now if you have been odwnloading files..... any time you go to a web page you are going to be charged for data, weather will hcarge you for data, email will charge you for data, youtube will, etc....
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2009, 09:28 AM

I will still get charged data usage even if I downloaded these programs from my home computer and then put them on my phone from my computer.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:18 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I will still get charged data usage even if I downloaded these programs from my home computer and then put them on my phone from my computer.
no, but if the application uses an internet connection to work then you will be charged for that data. throttlelock no, games no, mobile shell uses data when it updates the weather. depends on the function of the app and if it needs a connection to function or retrieve info then you will be charged

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 01-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

no, but if the application uses an internet connection to work then you will be charged for that data. throttlelock no, games no, mobile shell uses data when it updates the weather. depends on the function of the app and if it needs a connection to function or retrieve info then you will be charged
couldnt have said it better myself...

the tricky thing to remeber/know is which apps are using data and for what purpose... Im sure initially you were thinking you shouldnt be charge data for the apps you mentioned, but like mike said something as subtle as SPB moble shell, cant bite you in the ass because it is using data to update your weater... very subtle but can be costly... So keep that in mind, in the meantime until you get yourself a nice data plan!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2009, 10:59 AM

Ok thanks that answered my question. But with the weather I had that turned off so it wouldn't update, is their anyway that the weather would use data if turned off. I also had the time zone thing with my time zone n 2 other time zones does this use data to update. Thats the only thing I can think of that would charge data if it uses data. Thanks again.
Old 01-21-2009, 11:32 AM

Ok thanks that answered my question. But with the weather I had that turned off so it wouldn't update, is their anyway that the weather would use data if turned off. I also had the time zone thing with my time zone n 2 other time zones does this use data to update. Thats the only thing I can think of that would charge data if it uses data. Thanks again.
no the time is done by the towers that are picking up off of....
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
casual, data, usage