Old 01-22-2009, 03:29 PM
crazaytalent crazaytalent is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Need your input is this a good deal

So... i got a very old P.o.s. comp, and have been in need of a new more modern and uptodate one... it's pentium 3 only 10 meg of memory, all of which are used and full up... im down to about 500meg of free space on a good day, and i have to continusly free up memory on a damn near 2-3 day basis... its to the point that I'v even been getting the Dreaded BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH... uck... ive got a decent exeternal hd (160gigs) w/ about a hundred gigs of empty space left... but that only good for storage... does nothing for my system overall stability and OS...

So I came across this offer that Im thinking of taking advantage of, its for a mini tower (which is basically an all new main harddrive) that im considering getting to replace my P.O.S old one, i figure w/ that ill be good as ive no prob w/ my moniter and other add ons... But i wanted to know was, what any of the more knowledgable experts here think, is it worth it for me to do, or would i just be getting taken? And If i do, what kind of improvements if any can i or should i request to really soup it up?

A summary of the offer as follows:
mini Dell brand gx240 and gx260 desktop towers; pentium IV 2.0-2.4ghz processor, 20gb harddrive, 512mb ram; 4-6 high speed usb ports an intergrated video port, eternet port, w/ floppy and cd rom drive included; windows XP service pack 3 and zone alarm antivirus for $120 bucks

can upgrade to a cd/dvd burner for additional 50 bucks;
upgrades to mem (30 bucks per 128mb ram)
upgrades to harddrive (35 bucks per 20gb)

so what do yahll think?

The Following User Says Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 03:43 PM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Need your input is this a good deal

hi thats not bad bud if it whas my i safe some more money and build your own a lot cheaper and you gone have a lot more for your money and a new pc its not bad sale bud if you count the upgrades in dollars you have to consider if is wordy or not to do the upgrade think if look good you find better deals i think take your time to search for i both a pentium 4 few months ago 2.8 gz 60gb 1gb memory for like 181 dollars what was a good deal lol bud dont now how the prices are whit you me from belgium pc are not to expensif bud like a touch pro cost like 710dollars for that money you have a QUAD CORE PC LOL
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR PC HUNT
GRTZ WEESJE
TEAM HTC@SPJ

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CYBER WEESJE For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 04:24 PM

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks Weesje... I appreciate the input, i think i will wait, and see if I ca find something better...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 04:46 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i would do what weesje said and build your own... take a look at the below websites and you should find some good deals on ready to go desktops there..... all you will need to do is put together which isnt hard.

Code

www.newegg.com
www.tigerdirect.com
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 05:00 PM

Thanks Bruh... thats good stuff, now I have a great starting point, and I know it shouldnt be that diffuclt... I am pretty tech savvy if I do say so myself...lol

Besides I got my bros here at Spj to help me out if i get stuck!

Good looks on this D/\SH!!

The Following User Says Thank You to crazaytalent For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
deal, good, input