Post New ThreadReply

Old 01-26-2009, 11:25 PM
m260gt m260gt is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: PPC 6800
Mobile Carrier: Alltel
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View m260gt's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View m260gt's Photo Album Add m260gt's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Video Problems

Im having trouble watching movies on my computer. i think it may be because im using windows media player. they are iso files mounted on a virtual drive. its happened to 2 of them that ive tried. is there a program that would play an .iso right? when i play them with wmp its all choppy and stuff, thanks.

Nick

Old 01-26-2009, 11:43 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Video Problems

“ Originally Posted by m260gt View Post

Im having trouble watching movies on my computer. i think it may be because im using windows media player. they are iso files mounted on a virtual drive. its happened to 2 of them that ive tried. is there a program that would play an .iso right? when i play them with wmp its all choppy and stuff, thanks.

Nick
nick,

iso file will not play with wmp.. like you spoke about it being a virtual drive. you need to use a program like nero or roxio. to give you an idea.. that is a picture (IMAGE) of the exact disc that the iso came from. kinda confusing, but hope that helps. you will need to use a cd or dvd depending on what DISC was used to create the iso. There is a way to extract the actual iles from the iso without discs, but thats a whole other ball of wax

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2009, 02:49 PM

View m260gt's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View m260gt's Photo Album Add m260gt's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks. yeah i used poweriso to mount the iso to a virtual drive. then i opened windows media player and went to the virtual drive from wmp, and it played like the disk was in that drive. but it was choppy.

so youre saying that to play it right i have to burn it to DVD and then play it off of that dvd?

i was trying to find another media player that could play the movie from a virtual drive.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thanks. yeah i used poweriso to mount the iso to a virtual drive. then i opened windows media player and went to the virtual drive from wmp, and it played like the disk was in that drive. but it was choppy.

so youre saying that to play it right i have to burn it to DVD and then play it off of that dvd?

i was trying to find another media player that could play the movie from a virtual drive.
Nah, if you get nero, it has somethin called nero showtime that plays the files. Also, Video Lan is a good program and its freeware.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2009, 05:40 PM

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

to answer your question, yes.. an iso file will reference to a disc image. Now ISOBUSTER will extract the files from the ISO.... kinda like winrar where you extract files. ISOBUSTER will let you take whatever the iso is and extract the files within it (could be video, could be data, could be many things) and then you do what you like with them. I personally use ISOBUSTER to extract the image if i do not wanna run it off the disc.... hope this helps Goodluck.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:15 PM

i have nero. i tried playing it from the mounted disk through nero showtime and it kept saying drive not ready or something. and i tried going to the iso file itself and it said file not supported. ill try video lan. thanks.

and thanks big jew, i may do that if worst comes to worst. but i like the whole disk thing. being able to do scene selection and stuff. but ill deff give that program a try.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:39 PM

i have nero. i tried playing it from the mounted disk through nero showtime and it kept saying drive not ready or something. and i tried going to the iso file itself and it said file not supported. ill try video lan. thanks.

and thanks big jew, i may do that if worst comes to worst. but i like the whole disk thing. being able to do scene selection and stuff. but ill deff give that program a try.
Use nero and click the option to copy disc, then copy image to disc.... if it gives an error using that feature, then the iso file maybe corrupted..

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
problems, video