Old 01-08-2010, 07:31 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint 2010 Lineup

take a look guys, not too impressed myself.

Sprint 2010 line-up: leaked (Phone Arena News)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: $print

Thanked 2,366 Times in 774 Posts

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

take a look guys, not too impressed myself.

Sprint 2010 line-up: leaked (Phone Arena News)
W.....................T.....................F is that? only one cr@ptastic HTC??????????????

Wow, I don't think I'll be upgrading my phone in 2010, unless $print sh*#s out the HD2.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:09 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter
Mobile Model: Pre/ Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 1,624 Times in 486 Posts

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

Interested on the htc wimax device...hmmm> and look at Nextel with Android coming on a touchscreen, lol, nobody seen that coming,
Old 01-08-2010, 09:21 PM

View PsyChoTk's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View PsyChoTk's Photo Album Add PsyChoTk's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint 2010 Lineup

Just watched A.O.T.S. and their review of the HD2 @ C.E.S. they are also reporting it is exclusively tmobiles.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2
Mobile OS: 6.1

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

im very happy with my tp2 and dont see me getting anything to replace it for a long time

Old 01-08-2010, 09:46 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by PsyChoTk View Post

Just watched A.O.T.S. and their review of the HD2 @ C.E.S. they are also reporting it is exclusively tmobiles.
yup everywhere that i ahve looked they say that only t-mobile is getting it... kind if like the imagio with verizon

W.....................T.....................F is that? only one cr@ptastic HTC??????????????

Wow, I don't think I'll be upgrading my phone in 2010, unless $print sh*#s out the HD2.
hahahaha i knopw sucks for you sprinters! you have qwuickly became the old verizon of smartphones hahaha gbut hopefully thats just for the first part of the year and not the whole year or you guys are i n ofr some boredom... i almost wonder what sprint is doing with all these different phone makers.... you think that they would want to bank on what sells and thats htc devices.... maby they are jsut testing the waters like they did with the pre so they have a chance at the "next iphone" when it comes along by being good with many different makers.... who knows and i guess we see how this whole thing pans out.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:52 PM

Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

yup everywhere that i ahve looked they say that only t-mobile is getting it... kind if like the imagio with verizon

hahahaha i knopw sucks for you sprinters! you have qwuickly became the old verizon of smartphones hahaha gbut hopefully thats just for the first part of the year and not the whole year or you guys are i n ofr some boredom... i almost wonder what sprint is doing with all these different phone makers.... you think that they would want to bank on what sells and thats htc devices.... maby they are jsut testing the waters like they did with the pre so they have a chance at the "next iphone" when it comes along by being good with many different makers.... who knows and i guess we see how this whole thing pans out.
yea, once again, someone sitting in a corner office is making decisions that only make sense to them and does not work in the real world.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:31 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

yea, once again, someone sitting in a corner office is making decisions that only make sense to them and does not work in the real world.
Ungh my thoughts exactly... sprint needs to get there thumbs out the A$$ and get up on the lastest happenings... Sheesh... tmo and verizon are looing better and better... based of of there product availability alone... and it seems like if i want to get my hands on a quality htc maufactured android Device Tmo is the place to be....ever since release of the G1, theyve been gettin all the htc goodies... and their plans rate not looking that bad either....hmmm... when is my contract up? lol!

Old 01-08-2010, 11:16 PM

Re Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

“ Originally Posted by crazaytalent

when is my contract up? lol!
right? i'm so ready to jump ship. Verizon is the best choice for me. back home in NC the ONLY carrier is verizon. i won't be roaming when i go visit.
Old 01-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch wm6.5

Thanked 1,869 Times in 516 Posts

View menikfire's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View menikfire's Photo Album Add menikfire's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

hah!!! crap!!!!
man the only reason i did not upgrade on 2009 to tp2 from my vouge lol!!!
was because i got my 30"inch monitor for better game experience lol!!!
i was waiting to see whats coming this year !
i guess its going to be once again between the Hero or tp2 or!!!!!
lol i can still keep up the vouge pride and instead ill save up and get my
nvidia gtx360 or maybe if i really save the gtx360!!!!
i tend to eat my money with my wife or simply spend it on some other useless crap!!! lol
but hey a new phone im also in need of!! any suggestions???

Old 01-09-2010, 01:36 AM

Re: Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

“ Originally Posted by menikfire View Post

hah!!! crap!!!!
man the only reason i did not upgrade on 2009 to tp2 from my vouge lol!!!
was because i got my 30"inch monitor for better game experience lol!!!
i was waiting to see whats coming this year !
i guess its going to be once again between the Hero or tp2 or!!!!!
lol i can still keep up the vouge pride and instead ill save up and get my
nvidia gtx360 or maybe if i really save the gtx360!!!!
i tend to eat my money with my wife or simply spend it on some other useless crap!!! lol
but hey a new phone im also in need of!! any suggestions???
switch over to verizon and you will have all the choices in the world
Old 01-09-2010, 02:41 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

no smartphone in the world will make me leave sprint, what company can give me 1900 evrything data with anymobile anytime(not just sprint and nextel devices) with 3 lines all smartphones and free airave for 120.99??? NO ONE THATS WHO!!! you guys will be surprised at the dirty little secrets sprint has lined up lol....u guys heard that apple has signed a contract with qualcomm and they are making a cdma iphone but not with verizon! and hey sprint did release some great phones this year,moment,hero, tp2, tour, curve 8900 and new lotus, pixi and pre... and dont forget 4G baby hahahahaha
Old 01-09-2010, 02:44 AM

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

no smartphone in the world will make me leave sprint, what company can give me 1900 evrything data with anymobile anytime(not just sprint and nextel devices) with 3 lines all smartphones and free airave for 120.99??? NO ONE THATS WHO!!! you guys will be surprised at the dirty little secrets sprint has lined up lol....u guys heard that apple has signed a contract with qualcomm and they are making a cdma iphone but not with verizon! and hey sprint did release some great phones this year,moment,hero, tp2, tour, curve 8900 and new lotus, pixi and pre... and dont forget 4G baby hahahahaha
moment= droid
hero= droid eris
tp2=tp2
tour=tour
curve=curve
pixi nad pre= pixi and pre pro

what about the imagio, the nexus one, and the other devices they are dropping?
Old 01-09-2010, 03:04 AM
You So Anti Dont I Matter
Mobile Model: Samsung Moment
Mobile OS: Android

View CarlaDarla's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CarlaDarla's Photo Album Add CarlaDarla's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Pre Plus sounds pretty awesome honestly. I will admit that, and I have the Moment and absolutely love it. Pre, still have it, and ehh, should be what the Pre Plus is going to be LOL!! That line-up looks pretty weak
Old 01-09-2010, 03:36 AM
Mobile Model: RHODIUM LEO 2.02
Mobile Carrier: 3G MOBISTAR

Thanked 25,033 Times in 7,581 Posts

View CYBER WEESJE's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CYBER WEESJE's Photo Album Add CYBER WEESJE's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

wow only one htc in that lineup sucks lucky me i am overseas i am silenty whaithing for htc bravo lol see this whil bring even more new accounts for verizon and t-mobile

Old 01-09-2010, 08:13 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch & Pro!!

Thanked 4,891 Times in 1,440 Posts

View crazaytalent's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View crazaytalent's Photo Album Add crazaytalent's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

Yeah, but that all comes down to your usuage... i dont need 1900 minutes... and tmo has got an 80 dollar family/share plan w/ like unlimited data, text and like minutes... verizon has something similar, i believe ... and im payin lik 75$ w/ sprint for the same plan on a single line... meaning i cant even get my dad on the plan...blah... unlimited mobile to mobile is nice... but not a strong enough reason on its on to sit and watch the rest of the world blow past me... i was doin just fine before it, ill be, fine w/o it...

and as dash said all those phone are either available w/ other carries or get smoked by devices on the other carriers...

w/ the exception of the moment... but that gets smoke by the droid... but i looked at it... and to be honest it feels like a toy IMO just feels cheap and poorly made... and w/ an old ass android version on there... but to be fair the display model in the sprint store was in horrible condition... but still...

Dont get me wrong... I like sprint n all... but... hell not enough to stand still and just let time keep passin me by... IMO

Old 01-09-2010, 10:13 AM

Re Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

“ Originally Posted by broSki

no smartphone in the world will make me leave sprint, what company can give me 1900 evrything data with anymobile anytime(not just sprint and nextel devices) with 3 lines all smartphones and free airave for 120.99???
how did you swing that? the cheapest i can get a family plan w/ 3 lines is 170.00 after discounts and taxes. i can get the phones dirt cheap thou, but the monthly price is killing me.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:15 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

im actually more interested in seeing what that Palm C40 will turn out to be. Verizon got the pre and Pixi Plus so i hope Palm rewards Sprint for their beta testing with their next flagship device.

Old 01-09-2010, 11:11 AM

how did you swing that? the cheapest i can get a family plan w/ 3 lines is 170.00 after discounts and taxes. i can get the phones dirt cheap thou, but the monthly price is killing me.

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

im actually more interested in seeing what that Palm C40 will turn out to be. Verizon got the pre and Pixi Plus so i hope Palm rewards Sprint for their beta testing with their next flagship device.
no they wont go back with something exclusive for the amount of time that we saw on the pre. this is because they too are rebuilding and need the larger providers like verizon to open their wings and take them upon them. face it with a small deteriorating company in sprint they dont have the amount of people to keep palm alive and on top of that they dont have the power of advertisement and persusasion as others do as well. im sure palm would love to but they are a business and a company and all companies are out there to do one thing alone and thats make money so i feel that they will be going elsewhere for the newest big time device that they release.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:11 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I certainly don't want to sound like a Sprint fanboy... my other posts should make it clear I'm not one.

But, while their line-up certainly isn't breathtaking and their customer service is crap, they're certainly not a bad choice when it comes to picking a carrier. Verizon clearly has better customer service, but I'd be forking out more money if I attempted to get the same level of coverage with them that I have with Sprint. Obviously, I'm not alone.

When it comes to people like us, people using data plans, there are really only two choices... Sprint & Verizon. They're the only two with 3G coverage on anything approaching a national scale & Sprint is rolling out 4 G as we speak (already available in many larger metro areas.

With Sprint, I think you get slightly better pricing, but fewer phones and no customer service.

With TMO, you get great pricing, little data coverage...

With ATT, you get the iPhone, but no network to run it on.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:59 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter

View ON3/\L's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ON3/\L's Photo Album Add ON3/\L's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

To me there is only 2 carriers if you use internet at all... Sprint & Verizon. I've had all carriers and my wife is using verizon on her dads family plan...there coverage is def over rated! When my wife traveled up and down florida and even here in J-vill she was dropping me left and right I had to wait for her to call me back quiter a few times waiting on her to get signal. I mean... Sprint doesn't have perfect coverage either... but the point is.. none of them do...INCLUDING VERIZON. Sure there is places in the mountains that only verizon works... just like there is plenty of other places in the same mountains or the one next to it that only Sprint will work, etc. Hell just north of me there is a couple towns in GA that nothing works except shitty as Nextel... so the coverage shit is extremely over rated and it varies for all customers depending on your area, but there's not a huge difference accross the board.
As far as data goes.. it's between Sprint & Verizon. Period. At&t blows hard core and Tmobile isn't much better on the data aspect. I've had both and there shit is slow trust me.
PRICING... Sprint has them ALL BEAT... PERIOD... If you compare apples to apples and data to min to text, etc.. you get way more with Sprint than any other carrier for the price. If you find a cheaper plan it's because they don't include something that the Sprint plan does. This is on paper..fact..not just my opinion. Other carriers hide there details and fine print with add ons, on verizon even if you have a data plan you still don't have navigation..thats extra?? No, that's whack is what that is.
Phones... I think Verizon prlly has the best selection of phones if you ask me. I don't like half of them, but they have the selection there for the people who do. Sprint needs to pick up the ball for sure but I'm sure that is not all the phones coming out on Sprint this whole year.. that would be suicide!
To some it up, on Verizon you pay a lot more, and you get better customer service (sometimes..) and more phones to choose from.
Tmobile and AT&T both blow pretty hard IMO..If I had to pick.. I'd go back to Tmobile for sure! Only because they are a lil cheaper.
With Sprint it may not be the best company in the public eye... but it's at least 2nd best in Reality IF you truly compare apples for apples.

Sprint is here to stay trust me and has some big things in the works not just 4G and Wimax..( as if that's not enough ) I mean who else has EITHER ONE..... nobody would be the correct answer.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro

View ActionPlyr's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ActionPlyr's Photo Album Add ActionPlyr's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I agree that this lineup is pretty weak, and I cant stand how it always seems that Sprint is behind the curve in regards to top notch phones...HOWEVER, Sprint does trump in calling/data plans and if you know how to talk to the agents, you can kind of/sort of get what you want on your plan.

broSki, you said apple signed a contract with qualcomm and is working on a cdma iphone? where did you find this info and you think Sprint will get an iphone? I think if Sprint actually did get an iphone, they would become a powerhouse with how great their plans are
Old 01-09-2010, 08:37 PM

Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

“ Originally Posted by ActionPlyr

you think Sprint will get an iphone? I think if Sprint actually did get an iphone, they would become a powerhouse with how great their plans are
that would be pretty funny. all the brand whores who had to have an iphone and crappy service. you could sport a fancy phone with good service. but i would assume by the time that phone was made, the HD2 will have taken over. unless qualcomm had already made the chips in anticipation of a partnership, which i doubt.
Old 01-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Addict
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View roopull's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View roopull's Photo Album Add roopull's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Guys, the line-up may not be touting a big Droid-like phone that we know of, but we're not even sure if this is all there is.

And, did you guys not notice the candy-bar WiMax phone? I mentioned that one elsewhere... HTC says it's ready to go on their website (well, they DID, but it's gone, now,) but Sprint is mum on the issue.

1st thoughts were that it was a WiMax ONLY device... new rumors are that it's an Android device with WiMax and CDMA. Last I read, though, was that it didn't have a keyboard. Tis a shame, really... otherwise, it'd be the best phone on the market.

Everyone thinks the iPhone is the target when it's really just a sideshow.

Give me a phone with everything available now and I'd be willing to shell out some serious cash for it...

TP2's keyboard and "any network" radio.
Nexus One's OLED screen
dual touch capacitive.
5mp + flash
dual mics for noise reduction
dual speakers for great sound
compass
accelerometer
proximity sensor
Video out via standard 3.5 jack
Mini USB port
Windows 7 Mobile or Android 2.+
3.7" or so screen... not too big for my pocket, but big enough to watch movies/clips on
...and a battery so big, it makes my car's battery tremble.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:43 PM
SPJ Supporter/Promoter

Re Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

that would be pretty funny. all the brand whores who had to have an iphone and crappy service. you could sport a fancy phone with good service. but i would assume by the time that phone was made, the HD2 will have taken over. unless qualcomm had already made the chips in anticipation of a partnership, which i doubt.
that would be some shit..lol... but highly doubtful like you said.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:13 PM
Mobile Model: HtC ToUcH PrIzZo 2
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanked 5,534 Times in 1,710 Posts

View GokuSS3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View GokuSS3's Photo Album Add GokuSS3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

Lol not to much there to speak of or even get excited about , i hope the list of phone for sprint gets bigger than that.... But then what am i saying i am not with them no more haha

Old 01-10-2010, 01:47 AM

Re Re Re Sprint 2010 Lineup

“ Originally Posted by ON3/\L View Post

that would be some shit..lol... but highly doubtful like you said.
in the end it's just another way to get me to part with my money. those d@mn @$$clowns know how to get me with their evil technology.
Old 01-10-2010, 02:22 AM
mzlady26
Mobile Model: Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View mzlady26's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mzlady26's Photo Album Add mzlady26's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

QUESTION: Are they lining up for an execution? If so I want front row seats, if anyone is giving away tickets.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
2010, lineup, sprint