Old 11-06-2007, 09:55 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
free boost minutes

free boost minutes

Find a stupid prepaid agent, get free walkie-talkie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ex-employee telling you how it can be done.

You have to have a spare phone, and a sim chip with a cancelled account.

Call in to Boost, tell them you're doing a reactivation, and give them a replenished pin number. With replenished pins, they transfer you to a special department to try to determine whether or not you really did buy an already-used reboost card, but they can't do it unless you have an account. So they'll activate one for you, and then transfer you to the replenished pin department.

As soon as the account is activated, and they place you on hold to transfer you.. HANG UP!!

See, with a reactivation, there are no walkie-talkie restrictions on the account unless they're manually put on. And since the need for such a thing is pretty rare, many boost agents aren't aware they need to do it!

If anyone did tell me during my training, it went in one ear and out the other with all the stuff I was trying to absorb. I assumed it would automatically lock if they tried to use it, and didn't find out otherwise until long after I'd been there. And since I realized it, I've seen evidence of other agents overlooking it. I think the replenished pin department is catching on, though, so you don't want them to talk to your agent. If you hang up right away, your agent will hopefully notice before they get the replenished pin department, and just move on to their next call... they are timed, and need to make themselves available for the next call as quickly as possible.

If it works: you have two months of free walkie-talkie, until your account cancels due to zero balance. Then call in and try it again.

If it fails: You have a semi-activated account, that you can call and complete activation on at any time by giving a valid reboost number so that they can bill your reactivation fee. Or after the $0 account expires in two months, you can try it again. It pretty much a risk-free gamble.

If the agent seems reasonably intelligent, or won't activate an account unless you give them a valid pin, just hang up and call back.

If the agent neglects to reset your phone (says 'Ready'), do a master reset:
Main Menu -> settings -> advanced -> connectivity -> master reset -> security code = "000000" -> Select 'yes' to master reset -> Press 'ok' at "caution: see manual"
Old 02-16-2008, 02:27 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul PPC - 6
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Dooper's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Dooper's Photo Album Add Dooper's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: free boost minutes

I'll tell this to one of my friends that have BOOST.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
boost, free, minutes