Notices

Navizon - Get paid to use your GPS w/ the 6800!

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 03-20-2008, 05:41 AM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I have been using this for a while and now w/ the new radio needing a "primer program" this works great for me!

(edit - I do have one nitpick w/ this ap though; I have to go and delete the ap from the windows/startup folder all the time - I don't need it to start at boot for cryin' out loud! - eh I should make a mortscript to delete it at closing the ap or something..)

Now that we all have built in GPS, I would like to introduce you to what I use to start my GPS. I open Navizon, turn on my wifi, and pause till it is open. Then I open my mapping ap (I like Live Search).

Navizon gets started quickly with the cell tower and wifi access point triangulation, and then gets the gps chip going quickly; so live search is ready to go by the time I get in a destination.

Navizon:
http://www.navizon.com

Navizon is a wireless positioning system that works a little bit like a GPS, except it uses Cellular Towers and Wifi access points instead of satellites. In addition to being a wireless position system, Navizon offers features like the Directions, Buddy finder, Geotags and more...

This software relies on a community of users who contribute data to the system (WiFi and Cellular towers) when they have a GPS device. And the cool thing is that we can earn money doing it with the Navizon reward system:
http://www.navizon.com/navizon_rewards.asp
I'm already using it and you could make money too with it if you're interested. All you need is to install it on your phone and have Navizon connected to your GPS. Every Wifi access points that you pass, every cell tower that you log will mean money in your pocket.

So now that we have a phone that is compatible with Navizon, you should really check it out.

If you plan on registering, please do so by clicking on the link below:

http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F

That way, I can also earn some referral points if I'm the one who introduced you to the system

If you like the wifi positioning by itself - you can cash in your first $20 payout for the full version, after that it gets popped into your paypal account, and if you turn your friends onto it you can get a little extra too!
Old 04-13-2008, 10:54 AM
Tallest Member
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View spivey8's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spivey8's Photo Album Add spivey8's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Navizon - Get paid to use your GPS w/ the 6800!

SORRY, you must have 5 or more post to post live links....
Old 04-13-2008, 05:38 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Navizon - Get paid to use your GPS w/ the 6800!

“ Originally Posted by spivey8 View Post

SORRY, you must have 5 or more post to post live links....
as the message says you need to have 5 or more posts to post a link on the board.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
6800, gps, navizon, paid, w or