Your favorite text input method

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-04-2008, 08:42 PM
Balkar Balkar is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Htc touch Vogue(Bell)

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Balkar's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Balkar's Photo Album Add Balkar's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Your favorite text input method

Hi guys, i just want to know which text input method(keyboard) you are using.

My favorite one with stylus is TenGo and my favorite one for Thumb is PCM keyboard. But i dont know any other than PCM for thumb and i'd be interested to know any if you guys wanna post some.

Thanks
Old 04-04-2008, 08:44 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Your favorite text input method

“ Originally Posted by Balkar View Post

My favorite one with stylus is TenGo and my favorite one for Thumb is PCM keyboard. But i dont know any other than PCM for thumb and i'd be interested to know any if you guys wanna post some.

Thanks
i personally love my sliding keyboard on my mogul lol i just had to.... but you could also try spb fullscreen keyboard.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:00 PM

View Balkar's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Balkar's Photo Album Add Balkar's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah i forgot about that one, spd, I think its creating conflict with either pcm or tengo.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:02 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah i forgot about that one, spd, I think its creating conflict with either pcm or tengo.
yeah it could be other than that a good one is happy tapping.
Old 04-04-2008, 09:20 PM
BANG3R
Mobile Model: Touch,WM6.5&Android
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 5.0

View sl8dogg's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sl8dogg's Photo Album Add sl8dogg's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks

I use SPB fullscreen like Dash reccomended. It CAN be annoying on password fields, but the stock touch keyboard is defaulted for those fields.

Old 04-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO

View blink182fka6's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blink182fka6's Photo Album Add blink182fka6's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

the resco pro keyboard with the iphone skin is really awesome for thumb texting
Old 04-07-2008, 02:49 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View stealth-twinturbo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View stealth-twinturbo's Photo Album Add stealth-twinturbo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Posted via Mobile Device for text portrait the best is touch keypad with t9 the best overall is pcm keyboard in landscape with iphone skin
Old 04-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint HTC Touch

View rickyty1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View rickyty1's Photo Album Add rickyty1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Wish i had the moguls sliding keyboard!! After all the research i have done I actualy like the default 20 touch keyboard that comes on the touch! With t9 it seems to be the most accurate of them all & no more downloads!!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:56 PM

Hey, what do you mean by Touch keypad with t9... I get the touch keypad is the keyboard that came with my touch when i bought it but t9 doesnt ring a bell for me...

THanks
Old 04-07-2008, 07:00 PM

Hey, what do you mean by Touch keypad with t9... I get the touch keypad is the keyboard that came with my touch when i bought it but t9 doesnt ring a bell for me...

THanks
it shows up on certain things and all is hwat he is talkin bout... i think it is the one with the long skinny keys.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:33 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View stealth-twinturbo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View stealth-twinturbo's Photo Album Add stealth-twinturbo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm talking about the touch keypad with 3 letters just like a normal phone and i use XT9 not abc. This seems to be pretty accurate and really nice to use for your fingures in portrait mode. In landscape mode i really like the PCM Keyboard w/ Iphone skin. I Wish the space bar was bigger on the Touch Keypad for texting, thats the only downfall of the touch keypad. Overall PCM keyboard is really nice wish keys were a little bit bigger still. But o well
Old 04-08-2008, 11:41 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2

View netgringo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View netgringo's Photo Album Add netgringo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

By far the best one I've tried is the TouchPal v2 keyboard from CooTek. In Predictive Mode it practically reads your mind about what you are trying to type. It can be stretched or squashed in Portrait mode so that the keys are bigger.

I've downloaded the Spanish keyboard, which you can toggle, and that works great, too.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:08 PM

I found the Zoomboard keyboard which can be found on here, i seem to enjoy it... Not the fastest one but god its good for accuracy.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:39 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro 2

View netgringo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View netgringo's Photo Album Add netgringo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I basically bought the Touch to be a mini-laptop. I can type like 90 wpm with a regular keyboard (braggin'), and my plan was to learn to type as fast as possible with TouchPal.

But recently I "acquired" a very compact, foldout bluetooth keyboard (iGO Ultra-Slim Stowaway... one of our venerable founders had it for sale here on the site). The thing is smaller than a paperback, but folds out to full size.

What a relief to type full speed on the Touch! I can use Alt-Tab to cycle through open apps. Keys will open settings and programs, and other keys can be assigned.

They've been discontinued by iGO, but can still be found out there.

So my vote is: for quick messages and emails, TouchPal, and for serious typing, bluetooth keyboard!

Old 04-11-2008, 01:47 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I luv my slide out keyboard for short messages but when im writing email or long texts, I luv the htc touch keypad with T9 text.
Old 04-11-2008, 05:48 AM
She's BACK
Mobile Model: TP2, Iphone, Cliq
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile, At&t
Mobile OS: 6.1

View simplyput3456's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View simplyput3456's Photo Album Add simplyput3456's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Love the slide out keyboard!!

Old 04-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Tilt/HTC TyTN II
Mobile Carrier: At&t

View Andy65OU's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Andy65OU's Photo Album Add Andy65OU's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

When I'm not using my slide out keyboard (Obviously, the best.. You know it,
Dashinator!!), I like Vito's Zoomboard... It works really well for me..

Old 04-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Mobile Model: HTC ppc 6800

View mrnawfcyde's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mrnawfcyde's Photo Album Add mrnawfcyde's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I co-sign the sliding keyboard method on the Mogul...at times though I do like to use the transcriber option to write my words out and I'll honestly say the mogul is pretty good at recognizing my handwriting
Old 04-17-2008, 03:37 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I use the sliding keyboard in landscape. If i dont wanna slide my phone out. Resco Keyboard is AWSOME for quick typying after I adjusted the letter size under the font options. Big Button!

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
favorite, input, method, text