Anyone that works for sprint?

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-15-2008, 07:24 AM
jGreen jGreen is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View jGreen's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jGreen's Photo Album Add jGreen's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Anyone that works for sprint?

Hey guys, I just had a quick question for anyone that works for sprint.

I'm moving from the Minneapolis area to the Boston area, and I was wondering what you think of them as an employer...I currently work at a bank as a Personal banker, and I've been doing that for about 4 years. I need a job in Boston, and saw there were some retail positions over there. I do want to work corporate, but will work retail if I can work my way into corporate later.

Is pay competitive? Benefits good?

I appreciate any help.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:29 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Anyone that works for sprint?

“ Originally Posted by jGreen View Post

I'm moving from the Minneapolis area to the Boston area, and I was wondering what you think of them as an employer...I currently work at a bank as a Personal banker, and I've been doing that for about 4 years. I need a job in Boston, and saw there were some retail positions over there. I do want to work corporate, but will work retail if I can work my way into corporate later.

I appreciate any help.
we actually have an admin here that works in boston as a sprint retail person. when he sees this he will be more than willing to tell hya whats up.
Old 04-15-2008, 02:20 PM

View jGreen's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jGreen's Photo Album Add jGreen's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

That would be totally sweet. I just know I can't afford to take a pay cut, and i'm starting to really get into this smart phone thing. Almost tempted to start creating mods, as soon as I figure out the innards of these things
Old 04-15-2008, 02:57 PM
Mobile Model: Moto Droid
Mobile Carrier: Verizon
Mobile OS: Android

View JBudness's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View JBudness's Photo Album Add JBudness's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I appreciate any help.

Im the manager of a Sprint Indirect Retail Store.....I can pretty much tell ya that alot of it has to do with the owner, and how he chooses to pay you, and what he offers in the way of insurance and other benefits....The only way there is going to be a set 'rule' if you must to paying and benefits is if you get into a corporate store.

Now if your in a corporate store, you should have pretty good pay and I would assume 'ok' benefits also. If I had a chance to do it all over, I would only go this route!!!!

There are soo many things that I can't do for customers because Im a Indirect Third Part Store, where as the corporate stores can do pretty much anything and EVERYTHING!

I hope this helps you out some..

Old 04-15-2008, 03:13 PM

So, if I found the position on sprint's website, is it safe to assume that it is a corporate store?
Old 04-15-2008, 03:15 PM

View JBudness's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View JBudness's Photo Album Add JBudness's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

So, if I found the position on sprint's website, is it safe to assume that it is a corporate store?
More then likely I would say yeah...That best bet is the position would be for a corporate store...

Do you have a link for the position, I will take a look at it and might be able to tell you for sure or not...

Old 04-15-2008, 03:48 PM

I don't have a link, unfortunately...when you try to link to the jobs, I've found that it just brings you to the main page because of the scripting...but it's located in Burlington, and it's called "Lead Retail Consultant"
Old 04-15-2008, 04:34 PM

I don't have a link, unfortunately...when you try to link to the jobs, I've found that it just brings you to the main page because of the scripting...but it's located in Burlington, and it's called "Lead Retail Consultant"
Well I will take a peek at it, and see if I can't tell maybe....Don't know that I will be much help, but I will still look for ya!

***Update***

The way that this looks on the 'Find A Store Locator' it looks as though its a Third Party Indirect. But when I called them and asked..The guy on the phone(which didn't sound happy to have his job at all) stated that they was a corporate store...

Old 04-15-2008, 08:12 PM

Heh. Well, thanks for the look. I'm going to go ahead and finish applying for the job and see what comes of it. I just know, whatever I end up doing, I can't take a pay cut...especially since the cost of living out there is so much higher than it is here.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:26 PM

Heh. Well, thanks for the look. I'm going to go ahead and finish applying for the job and see what comes of it. I just know, whatever I end up doing, I can't take a pay cut...especially since the cost of living out there is so much higher than it is here.
Hey no problem man, if you don't mind me asking what would be a pay cut??

Cause Im sure as the 'LRC' you will prolly make a salary and a commission also...
not sure about it, but Im sure you would be making decent money for that standard of living...

Old 04-15-2008, 08:30 PM

Well, I guess I don't really know the range for that position...but I would probably need to make 40k+ a year...considering the increase in cost of living

I'm currently making about 35K a year, pre-comission...after comission, it's closer to 50. That's only because I work my butt off.

I don't expect the moon, just something to work with and something that will allow me to advance. If I have to start off making just enough to live, and work my way up again, I can deal. I just need a better area than where I'm at.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:05 PM

Well, I guess I don't really know the range for that position...but I would probably need to make 40k+ a year...considering the increase in cost of living

I'm currently making about 35K a year, pre-comission...after comission, it's closer to 50. That's only because I work my butt off.

I don't expect the moon, just something to work with and something that will allow me to advance. If I have to start off making just enough to live, and work my way up again, I can deal. I just need a better area than where I'm at.
yeah yeah understandable...I don't really know much about how they are paid in the corporate stores, but Im sure that it will be somewhere in the ball park?

Old 04-15-2008, 11:31 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I work in a corporate store around where you are, you're probably looking at around $18 / hr + commission for a lead retail consultant starting out. It is completely dependent on your work history so it may be higher may be lower. Sprint does over very good benefits even to part timers, the 401k is even really good they match like 5% or so, the commission system is kinda nice right now, but its primarily activation based and as most of us know the market is almost an arid wasteland when looking for people without a cell phone. The commission system should be shifting to CSAT within the year and then as long as you maintain a good customer service rating you will get paid quite well. Definitely room for progression through the ranks, and it seems VERY easy to transfer from one store to the other or even from a store to a corporate building.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:35 PM

That's what I need to hear. I have plenty of customer service experience, the last leg being at a bank, so hopefully I should be fine. Thank you for the feedback!
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
sprint, works