Site rules

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-15-2008, 11:17 AM
jGreen jGreen is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View jGreen's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jGreen's Photo Album Add jGreen's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Site rules

I wonder if I'm misunderstanding the site rules...(or maybe I just haven't given it enough time)?

I made a post in the general section, asking a question about sprint...and it told me I would have to wait for moderator approval...and now, a few hours later, it hasn't appeared?

Is the "general" section a section that should only be used for specific phone stuff?
Old 04-15-2008, 11:52 AM
She's BACK
Mobile Model: TP2, Iphone, Cliq
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile, At&t
Mobile OS: 6.1

View simplyput3456's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View simplyput3456's Photo Album Add simplyput3456's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Site rules

I know this can be very confusing. I'm new myself & constantly learning. The moderators have to approve you before you can start posting. Give them a few hours. 'They may not have had a chance to do it as of yet. Also make sure you check out the "noob"section. It can be found by clicking the SPJ Side Menu all the way at the bottom. It will help alot. Hope your experience here is great!

The Following User Says Thank You to simplyput3456 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by simplyput3456 View Post

I know this can be very confusing. I'm new myself & constantly learning. The moderators have to approve you before you can start posting. Give them a few hours. 'They may not have had a chance to do it as of yet. Also make sure you check out the "noob"section. It can be found by clicking the SPJ Side Menu all the way at the bottom. It will help alot. Hope your experience here is great!
yup as she said. when you a new member we have to approve and moderate your first couple posts on the board and until we do so they will not show up on the board. thanks for the patience and not posting the same thing over and over again. And welcome to SPJ also.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2008, 02:44 PM

View jGreen's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jGreen's Photo Album Add jGreen's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Oh, it's cool. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules. I've been a member of a couple boards in the past that were overly strict about a few things...and I don't want to be known as that "annoying trouble-maker."

(I've owned a couple forums in the past as well, including one for an online game I programmed for and ran...I know how people can be).

But definitely, thanks for the responses.

Aunesti: I'll definitely check out the newbie forum. I already know a bit about computers, but admittedly I'm new to the smartphones. Hopefully I don't find many differences.

While I'm on the topic...does anyone happen to have any schematics on the PPC 6800? Or any experience upgrading phone hardware? I was thinking about tinkering with mine after I learned the software side a bit better, and any research I can start beforehand would be great. I'd hate to brick my phone :P
Old 04-15-2008, 02:46 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jGreen View Post

Oh, it's cool. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't breaking any rules. I've been a member of a couple boards in the past that were overly strict about a few things...and I don't want to be known as that "annoying trouble-maker."

(I've owned a couple forums in the past as well, including one for an online game I programmed for and ran...I know how people can be).

But definitely, thanks for the responses.

Aunesti: I'll definitely check out the newbie forum. I already know a bit about computers, but admittedly I'm new to the smartphones. Hopefully I don't find many differences.

While I'm on the topic...does anyone happen to have any schematics on the PPC 6800? Or any experience upgrading phone hardware? I was thinking about tinkering with mine after I learned the software side a bit better, and any research I can start beforehand would be great. I'd hate to brick my phone :P
yup just take a look at ym signature that will tell you how to flash the roms and also give you the noob guide to get you started and also makes it so you can download the threads. i would check out all the links in there they will help ya.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2008, 03:55 PM

Yeah...the ROM's I can do already, it's very similar to flashing the bios on a computer (it's essentially the same exact thing, different process)...

I meant physically taking my phone apart and upgrading internal components.

I haven't done any of the research yet to see if it's even worth attempting, but I haven't seen any info on it either. I'm the "take it apart and put it back together" kind of person...always have been lol.

Also, I did try searching for hardware modding on the search button, but didn't really see anything that caught my attention. Maybe theres not a big enough market for it yet?
Old 04-15-2008, 04:10 PM

“ Originally Posted by jGreen View Post

Yeah...the ROM's I can do already, it's very similar to flashing the bios on a computer (it's essentially the same exact thing, different process)...

I meant physically taking my phone apart and upgrading internal components.

I haven't done any of the research yet to see if it's even worth attempting, but I haven't seen any info on it either. I'm the "take it apart and put it back together" kind of person...always have been lol.

Also, I did try searching for hardware modding on the search button, but didn't really see anything that caught my attention. Maybe theres not a big enough market for it yet?
naw inside the ppc there isnt much space to tinker with. we will have to wait for the stuff that will fit into the phone to be released.
Old 04-15-2008, 05:06 PM

Oh don't worry, I'll try to figure something out :-P

It doesn't have to be released if you make it, like I did with my radio shack "tone dialer" long ago to get free payphone calls.

Ohhh the days before cell phones :P
Old 09-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Mobile Model: Motorola
Mobile Carrier: AT&T

View lionnutz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lionnutz's Photo Album Add lionnutz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

lots to learn when u r new here.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:11 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yep, that's the reason why we implemented them.I always tell members that we are the teacher and you guys are the student and to learn you must read read and read then if you have a question then you ask.We have a mass amount of info and maybe a question that you may have, that someone else already asked and answered.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
rules, site