Notices

Think you're stuck with a Touch and want a Mogul?

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 04-25-2008, 10:15 AM
mrpants20 mrpants20 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Touch & Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: The Now Network
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View mrpants20's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mrpants20's Photo Album Add mrpants20's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Think you're stuck with a Touch and want a Mogul?

I, like many other Touch owners, wish I now had a Mogul. There may be a better way to go about this, but this worked for me. I am able to communicate more effectively via written messages than I am speaking on the phone soo...

-I send an email to Sprint asking them when the Rev A and GPS update is coming for the Touch (knowing that they don't know) and they came back at me with a generic apology and said they didn't know.

-I reply saying that I purchased the Touch having been informed that Rev A and GPS would be available Q1 2008 which has already come and gone. They replied with another generic apology.

-I reply to them by asking what they plan on doing to "Remedy the situation" since they essentially sold me a $250 phone under false pretenses, and that they still sell the Touch citing it is with the GPS feature to come in Q1 2008 as the Sprint online store still lists this and referred to this website.. https://sprintstore.sprint.com/popup...ne_id=MP6900SP They reply with "I am sorry for your inconvenience and there is nothing we can offer you at this time."

-I again reply and politely explained that not offering any type remedy to me after essentially being misled about the phone features is a joke.

After a total of about 7 emails over a week they finally offer to send me a Mogul since this has Rev A and GPS, in exchange for my Touch if I pay the difference of $50 between two phones.

So its not free, but after thinking I was stuck with my Touch for another 17 months I have a Mogul in the mail on its way to me. Maybe if I would have persisted I may have been able to get them to give it to me for free. But, considering the Mogul is actually $50 more than a Touch I was satisfied.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:49 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Think you're stuck with a Touch and want a Mogul?

Very interesting, the mogul is actually $50 more in full price however about a week ago after rebates it was actually $50 less than the touch, i would have told them to give it to me for free due to the price difference on both ends. :P that aside, even if i did want to switch to the mogul (which i dont) they wouldn't do this for me because i am an employee. You customers dont now how good sprint treats you guys they dont do shit for us employees when it comes to this stuff.

Old 04-25-2008, 10:50 AM
She's BACK
Mobile Model: TP2, Iphone, Cliq
Mobile Carrier: Tmobile, At&t
Mobile OS: 6.1

View simplyput3456's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View simplyput3456's Photo Album Add simplyput3456's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

You're gonna LOVE your Mogul!! Congrats!

Old 04-25-2008, 12:04 PM

View mrpants20's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mrpants20's Photo Album Add mrpants20's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hmmm maybe I'll hit them up again and see if I can get that $50 back.... No big deal if not because you're right about getting treated well.... with the SERO plan I have a great deal and since I am a huge Tigers fan I have a Slingbox and sling entire games while I'm at work and use the hell out of that unlimited data!

Old 04-26-2008, 04:27 AM
Mobile Model: mogul

View versace210's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View versace210's Photo Album Add versace210's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Great Post I had a Mogul Previously and it kept freezing but I am very satisfied with my Touch now that I have switched to one ! Oh well like I said great post anyhow

Old 04-29-2008, 03:50 PM

It came in the mail today!! So, I asked the other day if I could have that $50 waived and they said no. No big deal..... But..... I then later got email saying there was a $500 adjustment to my bill and I was like wtf? I assumed they just charged me for a Mogul and then took the charge off. So I log onto my account and it says I currently owe -$458! Interesting.... I am guessing they will fix this soon, but its been 2 days and they still haven't. I guess we'll see.

Old 04-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by mrpants20 View Post

It came in the mail today!! So, I asked the other day if I could have that $50 waived and they said no. No big deal..... But..... I then later got email saying there was a $500 adjustment to my bill and I was like wtf? I assumed they just charged me for a Mogul and then took the charge off. So I log onto my account and it says I currently owe -$458! Interesting.... I am guessing they will fix this soon, but its been 2 days and they still haven't. I guess we'll see.
when the receive the phone back that you sent them it takes round a week that will be changed basck to a regualr balance it is a temporary credit to your account.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:59 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View Hockeyfan05's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Hockeyfan05's Photo Album Add Hockeyfan05's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hmmm maybe I'll hit them up again and see if I can get that $50 back.... No big deal if not because you're right about getting treated well.... with the SERO plan I have a great deal and since I am a huge Tigers fan I have a Slingbox and sling entire games while I'm at work and use the hell out of that unlimited data!
Slingbox....best invention ever. period.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:17 PM

“ Quote ”

when the receive the phone back that you sent them it takes round a week that will be changed basck to a regualr balance it is a temporary credit to your account.
Yeah, i kinda figured...

“ Quote ”

Slingbox....best invention ever. period
Yeah, I absolutely love it!

Old 09-21-2008, 12:22 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 1,567 Times in 480 Posts

View Sh0wNuF's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Sh0wNuF's Photo Album Add Sh0wNuF's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Think youre stuck with a Touch and want a Mogul

I, like many other Touch owners, wish I now had a Mogul. There may be a better way to go about this, but this worked for me. I am able to communicate more effectively via written messages than I am speaking on the phone soo...

-I send an email to Sprint asking them when the Rev A and GPS update is coming for the Touch (knowing that they don't know) and they came back at me with a generic apology and said they didn't know.

-I reply saying that I purchased the Touch having been informed that Rev A and GPS would be available Q1 2008 which has already come and gone. They replied with another generic apology.

-I reply to them by asking what they plan on doing to "Remedy the situation" since they essentially sold me a $250 phone under false pretenses, and that they still sell the Touch citing it is with the GPS feature to come in Q1 2008 as the Sprint online store still lists this and referred to this website.. https://sprintstore.sprint.com/popup...ne_id=MP6900SP They reply with "I am sorry for your inconvenience and there is nothing we can offer you at this time."

-I again reply and politely explained that not offering any type remedy to me after essentially being misled about the phone features is a joke.

After a total of about 7 emails over a week they finally offer to send me a Mogul since this has Rev A and GPS, in exchange for my Touch if I pay the difference of $50 between two phones.

So its not free, but after thinking I was stuck with my Touch for another 17 months I have a Mogul in the mail on its way to me. Maybe if I would have persisted I may have been able to get them to give it to me for free. But, considering the Mogul is actually $50 more than a Touch I was satisfied.

Does anyone think this same strategy or something similar will work for me when the new Touch Pro drops?
Old 09-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Think youre stuck with a Touch and want a Mogul

“ Originally Posted by Sh0wNuF View Post

Does anyone think this same strategy or something similar will work for me when the new Touch Pro drops?
this has already been discussed. no there isnt a way because they have a butt-load and a half of the moguls so they will give you those until they are gone and than go to the touches if some are left.... the 6700 and the treo 700wx had the refurbs last over 2 years and the 6700 just ran out and the treo still has some........ so dont expect it.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
mogul, stuck, touch