Touch with spb keyboard

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-02-2008, 03:34 PM
gizmatic gizmatic is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC MOGUL

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View gizmatic's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gizmatic's Photo Album Add gizmatic's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Touch with spb keyboard

Hello, first I want to say as my first post I did a lot of searching but couldn't find anything really up to date on the subject...I currently have a mogul and I'm thinking about trading for a touch..I'm still within my 30 days. Anyway, I'm a big guy with big hands, I haven't found a really nice sized keyboard since the old sidekick 2 on tmob.. So I wonder if getting the touch will make sense if I run full keyboard on it. My only cons for the touch (that I can see) are the no flash camera and no keyboard. I like the fact that the screen is flush. Alot of times I have to use my fingernail to use S2U with the mogul cuz my fat thumb hits the edge. But then again I read that s2U doesn't even work well with the touch. Also I run TomTom6 on the mogul, but I understand that I can get rev a/gps with the touch now so. I'm really hoping D/\SH, Tigerz, someone with experience with both can put an end to this dillema for me. I'm also thinking maybe I could get the touch for the next 30 days then try to get the "instinct" for the low-low, but then I heard that I have to have an everything plan for it?!!? HALP!!! (thx)
Old 05-02-2008, 03:42 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Touch with spb keyboard

“ Originally Posted by gizmatic View Post

Hello, first I want to say as my first post I did a lot of searching but couldn't find anything really up to date on the subject...I currently have a mogul and I'm thinking about trading for a touch..I'm still within my 30 days. Anyway, I'm a big guy with big hands, I haven't found a really nice sized keyboard since the old sidekick 2 on tmob.. So I wonder if getting the touch will make sense if I run full keyboard on it. My only cons for the touch (that I can see) are the no flash camera and no keyboard. I like the fact that the screen is flush. Alot of times I have to use my fingernail to use S2U with the mogul cuz my fat thumb hits the edge. But then again I read that s2U doesn't even work well with the touch. Also I run TomTom6 on the mogul, but I understand that I can get rev a/gps with the touch now so. I'm really hoping D/\SH, Tigerz, someone with experience with both can put an end to this dillema for me. I'm also thinking maybe I could get the touch for the next 30 days then try to get the "instinct" for the low-low, but then I heard that I have to have an everything plan for it?!!? HALP!!! (thx)
1. spb fullscreen keyboard is what you will be wanting. do a search for fullscreen keyboard and you will find.
2. S2U2 has been fixed and working great with the touch as long as you use the newest versions.
3. yes there is now a custom rom which enabbles the gps and the rev a internet speeds to the touch.
4. for your uses if you can live without the keyboard wifi and lack of flash you will love the phone since it is smaller and easier to carry around.
5. hope this helps and feel free to ask on any further questions.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:43 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Ok dude, first of all, I wouldnt recommend the touch over the Mogul, but that is your personal preference. Me personally am also a big guy and what solved my issue with a on screen keybaord was resco keyboard. Do a search and you will find it. Once Resco Keyboard is installed go to the keyboard options and change the fotn size to 25. As for the GPS and REVA, i would stay with the mogul as REV A and GPS was realeased offically from HTC and Sprint. There is a ROM out there that will give you REV A and GPS on the touch but it is a custom ROM and unofficial! I hope this helps. If it did, please press the thanks button!

Old 05-02-2008, 03:44 PM

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

1. spb fullscreen keyboard is what you will be wanting. do a search for fullscreen keyboard and you will find.
2. S2U2 has been fixed and working great with the touch as long as you use the newest versions.
3. yes there is now a custom rom which enabbles the gps and the rev a internet speeds to the touch.
4. for your uses if you can live without the keyboard wifi and lack of flash you will love the phone since it is smaller and easier to carry around.
5. hope this helps and feel free to ask on any further questions.
DAmn Dash you did it agaiN! beat me seconds!

Old 05-02-2008, 04:09 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by BiG JeW View Post

DAmn Dash you did it agaiN! beat me seconds!
lol for sure D/\SH SPEED AHEAD
Old 05-02-2008, 07:55 PM
gizmatic gizmatic is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC MOGUL

View gizmatic's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View gizmatic's Photo Album Add gizmatic's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Both of you are a lot of help, thanks, one more question. I've already freaked my mogul so I wouldn't want to turn it over to try the touch, just to switch back and have to start all over, also I won't know if i really like the touch unless I can put full keyboard on it and try it, is there anyway that I can get a touch from sprint without turning over my mogul, AND, if I decide to give back the touch, can I get it back to how it is originally from sprint out the box?
Old 05-02-2008, 09:34 PM

Both of you are a lot of help, thanks, one more question. I've already freaked my mogul so I wouldn't want to turn it over to try the touch, just to switch back and have to start all over, also I won't know if i really like the touch unless I can put full keyboard on it and try it, is there anyway that I can get a touch from sprint without turning over my mogul, AND, if I decide to give back the touch, can I get it back to how it is originally from sprint out the box?
You can add a line to you account and get the touch for a discount price....use for 30 day and if you like it keep it and return it for the mogul!

you can also call sprint and see what promotions they have. Tell them your situation....

Old 05-03-2008, 02:42 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Touch

View dskrtnsanity's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dskrtnsanity's Photo Album Add dskrtnsanity's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

you will love the phone since it is smaller and easier to carry around.
wow.. dash said something positive about a Touch .. haha

Old 05-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch
Mobile Carrier: Bell

Thanked 1,491 Times in 532 Posts

View raybond25's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View raybond25's Photo Album Add raybond25's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by dskrtnsanity View Post

wow.. dash said something positive about a Touch .. haha
only becuse it has rev a now lol
Old 05-03-2008, 12:40 PM

“ Originally Posted by raybond25 View Post

only becuse it has rev a now lol
lol i still use my touch on occasions like at the bar since i dont have to worry about getting my mogul stolen or scratched when drunk..... so basically my touch even though in mint doesnt mean nearly as much to me as my mogul.
Old 05-03-2008, 01:32 PM

Tru Mogul Lover right there telling it like it is..... Preach on brother man...LMAO!

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
keyboard, spb, touch