Notices

Sprint To Cap Internet Service for AIRCARDS to 5GB (Losers)

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 05-20-2008, 12:21 PM
ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Sprint To Cap Internet Service for AIRCARDS to 5GB (Losers)

Sprint 5GB internet cap

Sprint is updating its Terms Of Service starting in mid-July and will be capping mobile broadband data usage at 5GB. Previously, Sprint offered truly unlimited mobile broadband. Once the new Terms Of Service go into effect, users who go over the 5GB cap, or a 300MB roaming cap, will be charged extra fees. AT&T Mobility and Verizon Wireless currently cap their data usage at 5GB, also. According to a leaked update of their terms of service, effective July 31st, they'll be enacting a 5GB cap as well. It goes alittle something like this:

"Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred and to deny, terminate, modify, or suspend service if usage exceeds 5GB per month in total or 300MB/month while off-network roaming."

All I can say is this is bulls@$t and Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Sprint is a nice data carrier but lets face it, they do have problems and are not doing better than Verizon and AT&T, in terms of customer retention and now they want to make a stupid move like this...that new CEO must be a dumba$$. They talk about stopping the meter with the Sprint Simply Everything Plan...and now they Cap Broadband Cards, that just doesn't make sense. Amid the loss, I believe, of 639,000 postpaid customers in the fourth quarter last year and they go ahead and do this with more risk. It looks like people that just reupped or signed new contracts should be able to get out their contracts since this is clearly a change in their terms and conditions they originally signed up with and there shouldn't be a ETF. AT&T capped $60 data plan to 5GB and their 5GB overage plan is $135...can you believe the audacity...I hate wireless carriers for things just like this...If I had the money I would start my own carrier and I swear I would put everyone out of business because I have worked in Mobile Communications for all the carriers and I know exactly what would crush them all....Sorry, about the rant, I am just so passionate about the money in my pocket, especially in our economy, guess the carrier don't care, especially when it doesn't even cost them over $30 bucks per customer to probably offer us the service.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:24 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch

View stealth-twinturbo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View stealth-twinturbo's Photo Album Add stealth-twinturbo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Sprint To Cap Internet Service to 5GB (Losers)

This will only effect boardband cards, this will not effect vison or power vision plans as it will remain unlimited, i have talked to customer service, tech support, and the midwest regional director, who have said it won't effect vison or powervison service.
Old 05-20-2008, 12:26 PM
ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I know...I state that in my post...but I have changed the title to make more clear...thank you

Old 05-20-2008, 12:36 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul

View Mandingo's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mandingo's Photo Album Add Mandingo's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

all about that might dollar!

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
5gb, aircards, cap, internet, losers, service, sprint