Mike20PR Mike20PR is offline   Thread Starter  
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
GET MORE RAM (so easy a caveman can do it)

worked for me like a dream!! Ive been looking for ways to have as much RAM as possible with as much Programs as possible (too much to ask in some views) in my Mogul, and i found a simple way that blew me away, I was messing with SK Tools last night and was browsing by the ''Optimize'' section and in ''action'' menu you can choose to automatically ''optimize for memory'' efficiency... did that, soft reset via ShutXp and BINGO!!! Im getting 24 megs after soft reset and 21-23 normal use with somewhat twenty-something applications installed..!! sweet!!! I believe that setting for memory might reduce performance (theoretically) but running a quick responsive WM6.1, and Overclocking to 624Mhz with HTC performance, I never noticed any difference so im golden... try it out and see if you also get a RAM boost

Old 05-21-2008, 01:39 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: RAM so easy a caveman can do it

“ Originally Posted by mike20pr View Post

worked for me like a dream!! Ive been looking for ways to have as much RAM as possible with as much Programs as possible (too much to ask in some views) in my Mogul, and i found a simple way that blew me away, I was messing with SK Tools last night and was browsing by the ''Optimize'' section and in ''action'' menu you can choose to automatically ''optimize for memory'' efficiency... did that, soft reset via ShutXp and BINGO!!! Im getting 24 megs after soft reset and 21-23 normal use with somewhat twenty-something applications installed..!! sweet!!! I believe that setting for memory might reduce performance (theoretically) but running a quick responsive WM6.1, and Overclocking to 624Mhz with HTC performance, I never noticed any difference so im golden... try it out and see if you also get a RAM boost
thanks for sharing!!! been doing htis for a while and really do love it.....
Old 05-21-2008, 02:15 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint TP
Mobile OS: 6.1

View sracercelica's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sracercelica's Photo Album Add sracercelica's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yeah Ive been doing that for a while too and with Kaos rom take 2 I get about 23 megs after soft reset and then after a while drops to 17-18. Performance is still good.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

lol ya been doing it for a while as well...Thought most due.I get 21 almost study. on my beta take 3 rom.good tip to post.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:10 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

lol ya been doing it for a while as well...Thought most due.I get 21 almost study. on my beta take 3 rom.good tip to post.
im glad that pple use this already, now im hooked wit 22 megs sturdy lol, just a tip 4 pple who are fed up wit limited memory and still learning though, hey kaos is there a release date for take 3 rom??

Old 05-21-2008, 05:16 PM

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

hey kaos is there a release date for take 3 rom??
well to be honest its a bit touchy as of yet.Got some more tweaking to do before i feel comfortable even releasing to my beta testers (broski) &(bigJew) lol. But when i do it will probably be released to them hopefully by monday. might be tuesday cause im on call from 6am monday till 6am tuesday. 24hr shift. then if all goes well for them with in a day or 2 after that ill let her loose. lol. Mainly having issues with exe files now.but ill get it fixed shortly.but as for now.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:19 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

well to be honest its a bit touchy as of yet.Got some more tweaking to do before i feel comfortable even releasing to my beta testers (broski) &(bigJew) lol. But when i do it will probably be released to them hopefully by monday. might be tuesday cause im on call from 6am monday till 6am tuesday. 24hr shift. then if all goes well for them with in a day or 2 after that ill let her loose. lol. Mainly having issues with exe files now.but ill get it fixed shortly.but as for now.
lol wtf kaos come on bro hook me up with the beta too when you send it to the i would love to test for you.
Old 05-21-2008, 05:23 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

lol wtf kaos come on bro hook me up with the beta too when you send it to the i would love to test for you.
hahahahha of course i forgot about ya bro....my bad...lmao. i think im going to go off of 68 if and when its out.or when it drops cause 66,67 both have major issues running priority exe 's on boot..you will know....
Old 05-21-2008, 05:25 PM

hahahahha of course i forgot about ya bro....my bad...lmao. i think im going to go off of 68 if and when its out.or when it drops cause 66,67 both have major issues running priority exe 's on boot..you will know....
hahaha nice jsut let me know bro cant wait.
Old 05-21-2008, 07:08 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: GET MORE RAM (so easy a caveman can do it)

LMAO.... I Also knew this as when i suggest SKTOOLs and say in my post that i live by that app.. Thats what i mean! Thanks for letting people know!

Old 05-21-2008, 07:09 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

SNIFF SNIFF! Yo BrosKi! You smell something COOKING??

Old 05-22-2008, 10:43 AM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO

View spidermonkey21's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spidermonkey21's Photo Album Add spidermonkey21's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

can somebody put this on rapidshare please?

Old 05-22-2008, 11:10 AM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

bro just search for SK Tools application, its posted here
Old 05-22-2008, 11:14 AM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO

View spidermonkey21's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View spidermonkey21's Photo Album Add spidermonkey21's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

bro just search for SK Tools application, its posted here
i meant to actually post this on the SK TOOLS thread. my bad. it won't let me download it from SPJ for some reason.

Old 05-22-2008, 01:21 PM

“ Originally Posted by spidermonkey21 View Post

i meant to actually post this on the SK TOOLS thread. my bad. it won't let me download it from SPJ for some reason.
it is on rapidshare are you kidding me? newest version too..... https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...hlight=sktools

SEARCH COME ON NOW I FOUND IN 10 SECONDS
Old 05-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

it is on rapidshare are you kidding me? newest version too..... https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...hlight=sktools

SEARCH COME ON NOW I FOUND IN 10 SECONDS
word....... was reading the thread lol, damn dash, u feel like flashing don ya lmaoooo
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
caveman, easy, ram