Notices

Disabling Data Connection (#777, alltel)

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 06-13-2008, 08:33 PM
sadffffff sadffffff is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul (ppc6800)
Mobile Carrier: Alltel

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View sadffffff's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sadffffff's Photo Album Add sadffffff's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Disabling Data Connection (#777, alltel)

I have a mogul on a regular alltel phone plan with no data since I will be on wifi 99% of the time.

I don't want to get charged for inadvertant data use, as i hear they REALLY gouge a person for that.

If i go into connections and delete the Alltel connection it comes back on reboot! I also tried just changing the number/settings so it couldnt connect. This, too, changes on rebooting the device. So three questions:
1) does deleting this #777 connection completely remove the possibility of data use?
2) how can I keep the connection from coming back on reboot?
3) I'm also paying for a text/instant/picture/video package. Would disabling #777/data stop me from using that?

Edit: about #3, looks like turning off the data/#777 has no effect on text messaging. the server says its alltel MMSC so i assume that its seperate. Still looking for answers to #1, an #2 though
Old 06-14-2008, 03:14 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Disabling Data Connection (#777, alltel)

“ Originally Posted by sadffffff View Post

I have a mogul on a regular alltel phone plan with no data since I will be on wifi 99% of the time.

I don't want to get charged for inadvertant data use, as i hear they REALLY gouge a person for that.

If i go into connections and delete the Alltel connection it comes back on reboot! I also tried just changing the number/settings so it couldnt connect. This, too, changes on rebooting the device. So three questions:
1) does deleting this #777 connection completely remove the possibility of data use?
2) how can I keep the connection from coming back on reboot?
3) I'm also paying for a text/instant/picture/video package. Would disabling #777/data stop me from using that?

Edit: about #3, looks like turning off the data/#777 has no effect on text messaging. the server says its alltel MMSC so i assume that its seperate. Still looking for answers to #1, an #2 though
yes it will and from coming back on reboot you need to get the msl number from the customer service through alltel and ask them the number to get to the options.... they have to give this number to you so tell them that you are aware of that stipulation.
Old 07-01-2008, 01:59 PM
sadffffff sadffffff is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul (ppc6800)
Mobile Carrier: Alltel

View sadffffff's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sadffffff's Photo Album Add sadffffff's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

OK, I went into all the M.IP pages and set them all to "disable", and I also removed the packet dial string (which was #777).

Upon reboot the connection came back! I get the feeling that The connection wouldnt work anymore after the changes I made, but I wish it would stop recreating itself.

I found where the connection is stored in the registry. Is there a way to set registry permissions like in windows 2000, windows XP and windows Vista? If I could deny access to that registry value I could stop the connection from being created.

Unless theres something else I'm missing in the EPST page?

Thanks for your help so far.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:10 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by sadffffff View Post

OK, I went into all the M.IP pages and set them all to "disable", and I also removed the packet dial string (which was #777).

Upon reboot the connection came back! I get the feeling that The connection wouldnt work anymore after the changes I made, but I wish it would stop recreating itself.

I found where the connection is stored in the registry. Is there a way to set registry permissions like in windows 2000, windows XP and windows Vista? If I could deny access to that registry value I could stop the connection from being created.

Unless theres something else I'm missing in the EPST page?

Thanks for your help so far.
i dont think there is a way in the registry without deleting the whole registry thread for the data.....
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
#777, alltel, connection, data, disabling