Notices

Returning to Work, looking for some direction.

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 07-11-2008, 02:00 PM
dianeofarcadia dianeofarcadia is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: LG Voyager&Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View dianeofarcadia's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dianeofarcadia's Photo Album Add dianeofarcadia's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Returning to Work, looking for some direction.

Hey Guys.
I hope this is okay to ask here.

Gotta few questions and hoping you all might be able to give me some insight. Bear with the possible to much info but I need some serious input here.
I am single deaf mom of five and have been out of work for ten year due to a special needs child that is now becoming stable, and a recent suicide of my partner has got me looking that maybe it is time to go back to work force.
I enjoy the tech side of things, so thought maybe I could look into a tech position at a local sprint store that I have been able to make some connections with.

I have a few months before I can do this, so what should I be studying at this point? I have been reading and reading this board as well as xda and a couple of others but not really getting the feeling that I am learning somethings that are of value, other than the tweaking and graphics. (I want more). Could I ask those of you that are working in the field what should I be directing my attention to?
I really do appreciate the input to this and as always you guys have already taught me so much - thank YOU.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:09 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Returning to Work, looking for some direction.

“ Originally Posted by dianeofarcadia View Post

Hey Guys.
I hope this is okay to ask here.

Gotta few questions and hoping you all might be able to give me some insight. Bear with the possible to much info but I need some serious input here.
I am single deaf mom of five and have been out of work for ten year due to a special needs child that is now becoming stable, and a recent suicide of my partner has got me looking that maybe it is time to go back to work force.
I enjoy the tech side of things, so thought maybe I could look into a tech position at a local sprint store that I have been able to make some connections with.

I have a few months before I can do this, so what should I be studying at this point? I have been reading and reading this board as well as xda and a couple of others but not really getting the feeling that I am learning somethings that are of value, other than the tweaking and graphics. (I want more). Could I ask those of you that are working in the field what should I be directing my attention to?
I really do appreciate the input to this and as always you guys have already taught me so much - thank YOU.
hmm u should look into the programming and trouble shooting....but everything else is really more hands on with technical stuff.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:29 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by broSki View Post

hmm u should look into the programming and trouble shooting....but everything else is really more hands on with technical stuff.
hey diane the best way to leasrn is to find some old and cheap ppc phones since for the most part they are close to the same and take them apart and put them back together..... jsut read read read thats how i learned.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:18 AM
dianeofarcadia dianeofarcadia is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: LG Voyager&Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View dianeofarcadia's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dianeofarcadia's Photo Album Add dianeofarcadia's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks for the input guys.
With this gang we for sure have a few old phones laying around that I can work with.
D/\SH, anything more specific that I should reading?
Old 07-12-2008, 02:12 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by dianeofarcadia View Post

Thanks for the input guys.
With this gang we for sure have a few old phones laying around that I can work with.
D/\SH, anything more specific that I should reading?
ummmmmmm your best bet would be everything you can get your hands on including google..... there are many different forums out there and some that have to deal with the repair of the phone.......
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
direction, returning, work