Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Mobile Model: ToMOFOPro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.5

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View xxdbkxx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View xxdbkxx's Photo Album Add xxdbkxx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: skyfire is here!

“ Originally Posted by willmatic08 View Post

or to download it twice with same info seems to be working 4 alot of othaz or cut and paste the code
I've done it 3 times now...just puts me in the queue for beta2
Old 08-05-2008, 02:26 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint Mogul/Sprint Touch

View AL_CAPONE_X3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View AL_CAPONE_X3's Photo Album Add AL_CAPONE_X3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thats messed up it said my mogul already been registered and wont let me download it but it let me download it on my touch

Old 08-05-2008, 02:31 PM
willmatic08 willmatic08 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: xv6850
Mobile Carrier: vzw aka da network
Mobile OS: 6.1

View willmatic08's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View willmatic08's Photo Album Add willmatic08's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by AL_CAPONE_X3 View Post

thats messed up it said my mogul already been registered and wont let me download it but it let me download it on my touch

yea it wouldn't let me put it on my treowx but i got it on the 68,and 69
Old 08-05-2008, 04:56 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Diamond

View CODKill's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View CODKill's Photo Album Add CODKill's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I just tried it on my touch. I had signed up months ago, but I just re-filled out everything with the code and got an SMS within 10 sec. Im installing right now.

Old 08-05-2008, 04:58 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Mogul

View jGreen's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jGreen's Photo Album Add jGreen's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah...I definitely didn't use caps in my cnet100...it just didn't like me.

I think it has something to do with the fact that my mobile number had already been registered.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:44 PM
Mobile Model: SPRINT TOUCH
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View ohthebaby's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ohthebaby's Photo Album Add ohthebaby's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

says my # is alrdy registered any ideas?
Old 08-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Mobile Model: Sprint TP

View sracercelica's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View sracercelica's Photo Album Add sracercelica's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

For people who get the message "# is registered already". that happened to me yesterday. it tursn out i had registered before with a different email address so i put in the email address that I used originally and that worked. For people getting the message "you are now signed up for beta 2". Dont use PIE, use another browser. copy the link and use another browser (i used the leaked opera) and then go to the link. this will take you to a page where you type in a password and then it will let you download the cab.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:14 PM

View willmatic08's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View willmatic08's Photo Album Add willmatic08's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by sracercelica View Post

For people who get the message "# is registered already". that happened to me yesterday. it tursn out i had registered before with a different email address so i put in the email address that I used originally and that worked. For people getting the message "you are now signed up for beta 2". Dont use PIE, use another browser. copy the link and use another browser (i used the leaked opera) and then go to the link. this will take you to a page where you type in a password and then it will let you download the cab.
good lookin out family
Old 08-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TP2

View brooklyn's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View brooklyn's Photo Album Add brooklyn's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

after i get da conirm link it takes me to the beta 2 and says it hasnt even been launched
wat do i do from hea i have a sprint touch thnkz 4 da help
Old 08-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Mobile Model: touch pro
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View rockmeallnight44's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View rockmeallnight44's Photo Album Add rockmeallnight44's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

thank you so much!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 07:29 PM
Mobile OS: 6.0

View paulg344's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View paulg344's Photo Album Add paulg344's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thank you!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PROOOO

View Gargamel301's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Gargamel301's Photo Album Add Gargamel301's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Oh Well I'm still having problems getting it. I guess it just wont work for me, Ive tried different browsers, emails etc. It seems like it may have to do with the number at the end of the link sent in the sms. I cut and paste the link and it turns the link to

http://www.skyfire.com/mobile/download/beta-at-capacity

then tells me how my Beta 2 request is complete.

I don;t know looks like it just wont work for some people. BTW I have a mogul

damn damn damn
Old 08-05-2008, 09:13 PM

news flash ni##AZ,out of curiousity i jus opened up a new line under my account with my old touch and set up an email and the rest is history,so basically if you want it that badd changing your # and using a new email address might be helpful,also its a 20$ charge 2 change your number all u gotta do is tell em u keep getting unwanted calls and the'll wave the fee,hope this helps cause this skyfire shit is outta control
Old 08-05-2008, 09:55 PM

View Gargamel301's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Gargamel301's Photo Album Add Gargamel301's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Normally I would be fine with this not working, but I watched all them damn youtube videos, see all these other folk getting it to work, and its fukin up my head!
Old 08-05-2008, 10:55 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCH PRO
Mobile Carrier: alltel

View HTCrokR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View HTCrokR's Photo Album Add HTCrokR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Gargamel301 View Post

Normally I would be fine with this not working, but I watched all them damn youtube videos, see all these other folk getting it to work, and its fukin up my head!
this snit is fire bro, keep tryin
Old 08-05-2008, 11:39 PM
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch Pro

View NeMeS|S's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NeMeS|S's Photo Album Add NeMeS|S's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

tHIS shit is dope....fast as hell....I can sleep now. Thanks bro!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:40 PM
SPJ FREAKSTER!
Mobile Model: PRO&DIAMOND!!
Mobile Carrier: Rev a speeeeeddddddd

Thanked 1,139 Times in 584 Posts

View 1mrlcb's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 1mrlcb's Photo Album Add 1mrlcb's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Thanks you rock!!!!
Old 08-05-2008, 11:42 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro2
Mobile OS: 5.0

View reebis44's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View reebis44's Photo Album Add reebis44's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by noobynoob View Post

Aw, this is some bull. This man's name is "noobyboob" and he got it and I can't.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Vogue

View dette's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dette's Photo Album Add dette's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Oh wow i cannot get the ****ing text message! its driving me insane!!

Old 08-06-2008, 12:06 AM

View NeMeS|S's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NeMeS|S's Photo Album Add NeMeS|S's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by reebis44 View Post

Aw, this is some bull. This man's name is "noobyboob" and he got it and I can't.
Don't let the name fool ya...have been on dis site for a minute....hav to change the name tho. Signed up for the beta a while ago....got the text and email and am still waiting. My bad for pouring salt in the wound....jk
Old 08-06-2008, 12:21 AM

View reebis44's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View reebis44's Photo Album Add reebis44's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Don't let the name fool ya...have been on dis site for a minute....hav to change the name tho. Signed up for the beta a while ago....got the text and email and am still waiting. My bad for pouring salt in the wound....jk
haha..naw, its coo. I was just jokin, but I'm really tryna get this. Makes it so much easier to show these ppl who see commercials (but have no knowledge of their own) that LOTS of phones are better than the iphone cuz they can do all it does and so much more, and way better. Breaks my heart to see my friends in such darkness, and angers me to no end when they argue back like I don't do this stuff on the daily.
Old 08-06-2008, 12:30 AM

I hear ya on dat kid. I have been telling ppl that the iphone aint that great.....but to each his own. I am rocking the "anti-iphone". Hope you land the skyfire. Did you try to put the code in?
Old 08-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Mobile Model: Touch PRO!

View lowpro3210's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View lowpro3210's Photo Album Add lowpro3210's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

FREEEEAKIN SAAAWEET. I was already registered from before when trying to sign up for the beta. I signed up again with the information I provided from the previous time and entered the promo code, I got an SMS within 5 seconds on hitting the OK button. Just tested it out, the browser is simply amazing. THANKS SOOOO MUCH FOR THE PROMO CODE.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:07 AM

I hear ya on dat kid. I have been telling ppl that the iphone aint that great.....but to each his own. I am rocking the "anti-iphone". Hope you land the skyfire. Did you try to put the code in?
Yeah, like literally 13 times. I thnk I'm noticing a pattern tho. Most of the people who say they got it also say they had registered a while back and then got it when they did it again with this code. Yesterday was my first time registering. Is there anyone who registered for the first time ever that got it?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:20 AM
Mobile Model: Htc Mogul

View oneyewilly's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View oneyewilly's Photo Album Add oneyewilly's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

word i got it working on my mogul i was registered for a couple months now i entered the information that i orginally started with plus the promotional code and i was set to go i picked a password and got it installed on my phone thnx man!!!!!! its so awesome!!!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:26 AM
FaNaTiC !
Mobile Model: ToUcH PrO!! ya dig

View jsgeezie's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View jsgeezie's Photo Album Add jsgeezie's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i was registered a long time ago but i signed up my whole family we all have moguls... but it worked good for them too they all signed up the same day they got it... and im bout to do it for some of my homies too... works fine for previously registered people and brand new people... it's scandalous ya dig...
Old 08-06-2008, 02:18 AM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by jsgeezie View Post

i was registered a long time ago but i signed up my whole family we all have moguls... but it worked good for them too they all signed up the same day they got it... and im bout to do it for some of my homies too... works fine for previously registered people and brand new people... it's scandalous ya dig...
If i PM You with my info you think you can make it happen!?!?!?

Old 08-06-2008, 04:02 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro, Vogue

View dette's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dette's Photo Album Add dette's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Sweet! I emailed sprint and they said I had a third party text block on my account to prevent charges that I did not want... So they unblocked it and now I have skyfire! WOOT! this browser is sweet!

Old 08-06-2008, 06:08 AM

I have been getting the beta 2 waitlist screen for a while and I just finally got the download screen, and have it installed on my mogul now.

I'll try to retell how I did it the best I can,cause i don't know which step worked, but maybe it will help someone who keeps getting the beta2 waitlist screen. and you need to have your original sms text with the link

I went to
http://www.skyfire.com/support/login

-and went to change my phone number to some random number
-Then I went to register again using my original info, this time I put the CNET100 in caps, but it told me the e-mail was already with another account.
-So I pressed back on my browser went back and put an alternate e-mail, kept everything else the same and it went through.
-got my new sms and clicked link, got the same beta 2 waitlist redirect screen
-then I went to my original sms (from the very first time I tried to register), copied the link, pasted it in pie, and it gave me the download screen. It had my e-mail from the account I changed my phone number on in the beggining.

Hopefully this will help someone else. Like I said I don't know exactly what fixed it, but I think it has something to do with releasing my old number from my original link.. who knows

good luck
Old 08-06-2008, 07:08 AM

View ratcheezy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ratcheezy's Photo Album Add ratcheezy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm not even getting the text message. I've tried over and over, resent and resent and I still haven't got a sms text from skyfire, it's been a couple of days

I will try to email sprint to tell them to unblock the third party texts.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:16 AM

View xxdbkxx's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View xxdbkxx's Photo Album Add xxdbkxx's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Is there a reason that someone can't just throw the cab on rapidshare so we can all download?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:59 AM

“ Originally Posted by xxdbkxx View Post

Is there a reason that someone can't just throw the cab on rapidshare so we can all download?
the cab u can get @ xda developers but won't do you no good unless u r REGISTERED ya dig!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:02 AM

“ Originally Posted by lowpro3210 View Post

FREEEEAKIN SAAAWEET. I was already registered from before when trying to sign up for the beta. I signed up again with the information I provided from the previous time and entered the promo code, I got an SMS within 5 seconds on hitting the OK button. Just tested it out, the browser is simply amazing. THANKS SOOOO MUCH FOR THE PROMO CODE.
glad 2 be of assistance enjoy
Old 08-06-2008, 09:05 AM

“ Originally Posted by reebis44 View Post

Yeah, like literally 13 times. I thnk I'm noticing a pattern tho. Most of the people who say they got it also say they had registered a while back and then got it when they did it again with this code. Yesterday was my first time registering. Is there anyone who registered for the first time ever that got it?
yes sir I found the cnet100 jump-off and registered 4 the first time and the rest is history
Old 08-06-2008, 09:14 AM

lol
Old 08-06-2008, 09:45 AM

View ratcheezy's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ratcheezy's Photo Album Add ratcheezy's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by dette View Post

Sweet! I emailed sprint and they said I had a third party text block on my account to prevent charges that I did not want... So they unblocked it and now I have skyfire! WOOT! this browser is sweet!
dette, I did this and it worked great. I registered with skyfire months ago and this is probably why I never received a text message from them. I emailed sprint to unblock my third party text, went to skyfire.com and had them resend the text, got it and was able to download program right then, works fine, Thanks a lot and I have a mogul and it works just fine.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:29 AM

OK....I read this on XDA....it worked for me.....hope it works for you!!!!

Simply.....re-register with the same exact phone number and e-mail twice. I registered for the first time yesterday and was put in the beta 2 queue....I re-registered with the same info today and I got the download link...I'm in business!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 11:31 AM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yep it worked for me.For those that had registered already.What you have to do is go back like you are trying to register but use the same info and under the beta code enter "cnet100" and it will go thru if you don't receive a text go back to skyfire and ask to resend and it'll let you download.

It don't make a difference if you have a file but you need the registration info to log in.

Old 08-06-2008, 11:35 AM

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

yep it worked for me.For those that had registered already.What you have to do is go back like you are trying to register but use the same info and under the beta code enter "cnet100" and it will go thru if you don't receive a text go back to skyfire and ask to resend and it'll let you download.

It don't make a difference if you have a file but you need the registration info to log in.
thank u
Old 08-06-2008, 01:14 PM
Mobile Model: xv6800

View Lylej2k's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Lylej2k's Photo Album Add Lylej2k's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I saw this yesterday over at ppcgeeks and it worked great for me. was already registered and registered again with the same info and away we went. i'm posting from my 6900 via skyfire now. my only question so far is when you d/l through skyfire where does the file go? I can't seem to find it anywhere
Old 08-06-2008, 01:19 PM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Lylej2k View Post

I saw this yesterday over at ppcgeeks and it worked great for me. was already registered and registered again with the same info and away we went. i'm posting from my 6900 via skyfire now. my only question so far is when you d/l through skyfire where does the file go? I can't seem to find it anywhere

check you main document or storage card

Old 08-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Mobile Model: MOGUL
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT

View ballinplayerz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ballinplayerz's Photo Album Add ballinplayerz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

what happend to the .cab file for it??
Old 08-06-2008, 03:41 PM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by ballinplayerz View Post

what happend to the .cab file for it??

what you mean what happened??? once you download it , it will ask you where to save it to and then the automatic installer will start.

Old 08-06-2008, 04:32 PM

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

check you main document or storage card
the cab will go to the page where your windows directory is listed if im not mistaking
Old 08-06-2008, 04:42 PM
Mobile Model: htc mogul 6800

View mopars0407's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mopars0407's Photo Album Add mopars0407's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i signed up for it a couple of days ago and it only took 3 or 4 minutes for the text message and it also sent me an email about 20minutes later
Old 08-06-2008, 05:02 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View 2LoWw7's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View 2LoWw7's Photo Album Add 2LoWw7's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Just signed up, hopefully it works! I've been wanting to try this browser out!!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Certified G
Mobile Model: mogul

View miles2325's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View miles2325's Photo Album Add miles2325's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

What is the number tha skyfire sent the link from??
Please respond, thanks in advance!!!!!!!!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Mobile Model: 9600 touch

View Gvibes00x's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Gvibes00x's Photo Album Add Gvibes00x's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Mine is saying BETA AT CAPACITY.. and it is saying i have to wait for Beta 2

HTC Touch [ Sprint ]
Mr Gvibes
Old 08-06-2008, 11:08 PM
Mobile Model: Touch Pro Chrome

View drdrewdown's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View drdrewdown's Photo Album Add drdrewdown's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

amazing, thanks a million..

real slick

plays youtube..

i installed according to instructions 2 hours ago & worked great. thanks again
Old 08-06-2008, 11:19 PM
Certified G
Mobile Model: mogul

View miles2325's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View miles2325's Photo Album Add miles2325's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

still havent recieved a text :-(

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
skyfire