Notices

New word on HTC Diamond and Pro (USA info)

Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-05-2008, 08:59 PM
ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Newest word is Sprint will release the Diamond on September 2nd with the name Victor and the Touch Pro will go a month later as the Herman.

Some interesting facts:

Both Sprint iterations will have more then double the RAM of Verizon versions, 256 vs. 128.

Sprints Pro will have an accelerometer while the Verizon version will not.

The Pro will have 512 ROM verses the Diamond's 256 ROM.

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/More...le-a_3021.html

Attached Thumbnails
showimage.php.jpg  

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2008, 09:07 PM
The One
Mobile Model: HTC Hero/ Palm Pre
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: Android

View blazingfate's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blazingfate's Photo Album Add blazingfate's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: New word on HTC Diamond and Pro (USA info)

I was just looking at that information. I see that a lot of rumors have surfaced in the past 48 hrs. I wouldnt be surprised if things change up a lil bit before the actual release...especially the name Herman.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:14 PM
Mobile Model: HTC TOUCH PRO

View blink182fka6's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View blink182fka6's Photo Album Add blink182fka6's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

if that spec sheet is correct. it sucks to be a verizon user. No g sensor, 400 Mhz and half the RAM of the HERMAN. it finally pays off to have Sprint
Old 08-05-2008, 09:16 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by blink182fka6 View Post

if that spec sheet is correct. it sucks to be a verizon user. No g sensor, 400 Mhz and half the RAM of the HERMAN. it finally pays off to have Sprint
lmao i never thought i woudl hear that but its true lmao.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:22 PM
ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by blazingfate View Post

I was just looking at that information. I see that a lot of rumors have surfaced in the past 48 hrs. I wouldnt be surprised if things change up a lil bit before the actual release...especially the name Herman.

off break. I said the same thing when I saw that name...Herman? That is the most terrible, non-creative phone name I have heard before...I mean come on, what you gonna tell people....oh check it out I got dat new Herman, lol....anyways Verizon has always sucked at PPC phones compared to other carriers and they love to cripple tons of stuff on all their phones from basic crap to high end ppc/smartphones...Sprint on the other hand, has handsets earlier than most carrier, best data rates (who is kidding, best any rates), if something is crippled with them they are usually first to have manufacturer available update/rom...they just are quicker at stuff like that than other carriers, not that Sprint does not have any faults, but I like them the best over any carrier I have had, and I had them all and currently have 2 carriers and a third that is paid for by work...so I get around with carriers!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2008, 09:38 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

THATS RIGHT!! over here on this side sprints the best iv had so far... and WTF is herman?! "HI WELCOME TO SPRINT".. "Yeah i wanna buy the new HERMAN".. How the hell did they comeup with that name, they pulling names out of a hat now? all i want to know is does the phone support Mms? and whats the retail price ? i have the MOGUL and im not trying to downgrade, im trying to UPGRADE...

Old 08-05-2008, 09:47 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

they should name the pro Total kaos . Cause when itt drops thats what it will be....
Old 08-05-2008, 09:52 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro2
Mobile OS: 5.0

View reebis44's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View reebis44's Photo Album Add reebis44's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

First off, Victor and Herman are the nerdiest names I've ever heard for anything electronic. (No offense to the victors and hermans of the world.) But I really came to say, I'm doubting the reliability of that info on the basis of the pics at the bottom. They have the front-facing video call camera and i SERIOUSLY doubt that will be there by the time I'm pickin my Pro up from the Sprint store. (Tho I wish they would prove me wrong, but am almost certain they won't.)
Old 08-05-2008, 09:58 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by reebis44 View Post

First off, Victor and Herman are the nerdiest names I've ever heard for anything electronic. (No offense to the victors and hermans of the world.) But I really came to say, I'm doubting the reliability of that info on the basis of the pics at the bottom. They have the front-facing video call camera and i SERIOUSLY doubt that will be there by the time I'm pickin my Pro up from the Sprint store. (Tho I wish they would prove me wrong, but am almost certain they won't.)
well look at the wizard and the hermes and the herald those are all real phones.... htc just has weird names for their devices.
Old 08-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

lol thats why the images say. not actual images thats gsm. actual isnt available...sprint is cdma.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:13 PM

View reebis44's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View reebis44's Photo Album Add reebis44's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

well look at the wizard and the hermes and the herald those are all real phones.... htc just has weird names for their devices.

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

lol thats why the images say. not actual images thats gsm. actual isnt available...sprint is cdma.
Ma bad. Just took a closer look at the fine sprint after i posted. And ur rite, Hermes is the nerdiest name. Carriers should just keep the original model names (i.e. touch pro, and diamond).
Old 08-05-2008, 10:15 PM

Ma bad. Just took a closer look at the fine sprint after i posted. And ur rite, Hermes is the nerdiest name. Carriers should just keep the original model names (i.e. touch pro, and diamond).
lmao they think that since they made changes that they have to rename the phone lmao..... who knows ill still call it the touch pro........ just like i call the 6800 the mogul and even the titan most of the time.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:29 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

lmao they think that since they made changes that they have to rename the phone lmao..... who knows ill still call it the touch pro........ just like i call the 6800 the mogul and even the titan most of the time.
Yeah, I feel u. I REFUSE to bust up in a friend's house like, "YEAH, JUST GOT THAT NICE BOI HERMAN!! ITS HURTIN YO IPHONE SUCKAH!!" The shame...the shame...
Old 08-06-2008, 02:28 AM
Mobile Model: Sprint Pro
Mobile Carrier: 2963 DL speed REV A

Thanked 2,006 Times in 615 Posts

View broSki's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View broSki's Photo Album Add broSki's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

lmaooo you guys are silly lol.....i cant wait for the touch pro, i got the dough saved up for it already
Old 08-06-2008, 08:06 AM
Mobile Model: PPC-6700

View slowputer's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View slowputer's Photo Album Add slowputer's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I'm with broski there. I am getting me the Pro... and that is what I'm going to call it.

Herman Munster jokes anyone?

Post New ThreadReply

Tags
diamond, htc, info, pro, usa, word