Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 08-21-2008, 05:56 PM
monkeyxiv monkeyxiv is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: sprint mogul
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View monkeyxiv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monkeyxiv's Photo Album Add monkeyxiv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
my today screen

eh i just hard reset my mogul last night because i got bored and well upon start up i got to wandering... how should my today screen look? this is probably the thing that buggs me more then anything else is my today screen interface. i have used almost everyone out there and i still dont like any of them fully. to me the ones with the most potential is ultimate launch but the intricate modding it takes to set up just bugs me. atm the best one i have used is sadfully htc home. its an old app but it covers the essentals i want. aka a big clock and easy app access.
my last setup was it installed within ultimate launch. it was a nice setup but i never finished it.

i guess my question is what setup would you recommend. this would probably be a good discussion over the pros and cons of the different today screen setups.

i think the one that looks the most appealing to me is da/\sh's vista mogul using wisbar. but i got to pissed trying to get it to work lol. dunno what you were getting but with them running mine was only eating up 5m leaving me with about 15 full time which is what i had with sprints rom lol. i would love using d/\sh's vista mogul if i was experienced in setting up themes on it. to bad it can't be zipped in a cab file to where it automatically installs and all that.

which setups do you guys like?
Old 08-21-2008, 06:06 PM
Mobile Model: LG Voyager&Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View dianeofarcadia's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dianeofarcadia's Photo Album Add dianeofarcadia's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: my today screen

I am hearin' ya on this...
SPB Shell was eating up memory on mine so off it went and have been playing with rlToday and then got looking at TodayLife. Wisbar is nice, time consuming though.
UL/Pocketbreeze seem to be functional sets for me and keep going back to it, I guess I am just feeling bored. lol.

will be nice to hear what others have to say as I am looking for something new too.

The Following User Says Thank You to dianeofarcadia For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2008, 06:11 PM

View monkeyxiv's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View monkeyxiv's Photo Album Add monkeyxiv's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

whew i just looked up pocketbreeze and its scary... to much on one page. lol

the thing i didn't like abotu shell is it may have just been how i had it but on install it never replaced my today screen it onyl came up when i hit the programs soft key...
Old 08-21-2008, 06:13 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i have this problem ALLLLLLL the time cuz i get bored with a setup and i refuse to go back to htc home cuz its boring and i like flashy and more appealing interfaces, now since you have a mogul its a little more limited due to memory, so in my book, spb mobile shell is out, todaylife is out, throttle is out (this is my favorite but not memory friendly) i never liked wisbar, ummmmm Ifonz is a good remedy but its not a today screen unfortunately.... so if i was in your shoes, id look into rltoday and the different skins and themes for it, Blackdrop or lucid are my personal reccomendations, but thats just me, or the latest WM7 theme for todayalarm which looks awesome and you can match with htctouchers WM7 skins for many apps so it matches

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2008, 06:16 PM

i tried rl today... can't stand the xml file you have to edit to map programs and all that... the work used for it is just ugly.
since i flashed to kaos's rom my memory has NEVER been an issue the lowest its gone on idle is 15. with just about any setup on my today screen.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:22 PM

View dianeofarcadia's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dianeofarcadia's Photo Album Add dianeofarcadia's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by monkeyxiv View Post

whew i just looked up pocketbreeze and its scary... to much on one page. lol

the thing i didn't like abotu shell is it may have just been how i had it but on install it never replaced my today screen it onyl came up when i hit the programs soft key...
You don't have to all information that it offers - (all in UL) one of setups used just the calendar, then I used spb phone suite for the photo dialer. Now that is one that is good to have. The one feature that I like the most over all the over all the others is the setting to confirm before dialing...

“ Originally Posted by b()riku/\ m()dz View Post

i have this problem ALLLLLLL the time cuz i get bored with a setup and i refuse to go back to htc home cuz its boring and i like flashy and more appealing interfaces, now since you have a mogul its a little more limited due to memory, so in my book, spb mobile shell is out, todaylife is out, throttle is out (this is my favorite but not memory friendly) i never liked wisbar, ummmmm Ifonz is a good remedy but its not a today screen unfortunately.... so if i was in your shoes, id look into rltoday and the different skins and themes for it, Blackdrop or lucid are my personal reccomendations, but thats just me, or the latest WM7 theme for todayalarm which looks awesome and you can match with htctouchers WM7 skins for many apps so it matches

I was just thinking of trying out iFonz ....(aren't you still using it?)
and Lucid is a very nice setup - never thought about the tabs, after reading through its setup, my head was whirling with ideas..lol.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:28 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I was just thinking of trying out iFonz ....(aren't you still using it?)
and Lucid is a very nice setup - never thought about the tabs, after reading through its setup, my head was whirling with ideas..lol.[/QUOTE]

i still have it but my main interface is throttle 0.9.3

Ifonz 1.04 is very very smooth and the animations are really appealing, i haghly recommend it

Old 08-21-2008, 06:33 PM

yeha i had ifonz it is nice but if i remember it didn't have a big clock like i like... lol im to picky and i didn't like the whole finding buttons idea.. lol

i just looked at those 2 rl today themes and aren't those just basically knocks of htchome custom and manilla?

fyi manila is overated and overused...
Old 08-21-2008, 06:40 PM

which two were you looking at?

if they were the ones I did, those were done from me learning to write it...
been a few years since I have worked with xml and am able to read it with clear understanding just have not been able to recall how to write again..lol.

~will be off for the weekend, look forward to seeing what you come up though, have a good one.

The Following User Says Thank You to dianeofarcadia For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2008, 11:44 PM

rltoday is an xml today screen.

i think we as a community should take and write our own today screen. no more of that diamond overused shat lets make something new and innovative ^_^ sooo umm any ideas? I WUNTS A BIG CLOCK THAS DIGITAL WOOO
Old 08-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Mobile Model: Modded Vogue

View wdbanks's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View wdbanks's Photo Album Add wdbanks's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Have u checked out GSmart yet? I dont like the green that much but itz still kinda dope.
http://gsmart-touch.en.softonic.com/pocketpc
The Following User Says Thank You to wdbanks For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2008, 01:14 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by wdbanks View Post

Have u checked out GSmart yet? I dont like the green that much but itz still kinda dope.
http://gsmart-touch.en.softonic.com/pocketpc
we have the app here also.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:45 PM

yeah gs smart is basically identicle to spb mobile shell...
The Following User Says Thank You to monkeyxiv For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2008, 02:51 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCH PRO
Mobile Carrier: alltel

View HTCrokR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View HTCrokR's Photo Album Add HTCrokR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

rltoday is my fav at this time, easy on the memory unlike throttle and others. xml is ok, just gotta experiment with it and you will learn to write rewrite the file.
Old 08-24-2008, 02:57 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

how bout this puppy????

Old 08-24-2008, 03:00 PM
**formerly chris101**
Mobile Model: Touch PRO

View BiohaZard's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiohaZard's Photo Album Add BiohaZard's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

how bout this puppy????

dude, that's new, and i like it alot!

Old 08-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Mobile Model: G1
Mobile Carrier: T-Mobile

View kudvu002's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kudvu002's Photo Album Add kudvu002's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

but its xml and you have to rewrite it all! what are you using chris besides phonealarm:?
Old 08-24-2008, 03:04 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by chris101 View Post

dude, that's new, and i like it alot!
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=414699
get it here my friend

im still debating if to post todaylife stuff here due of all the updates on the app.....

Old 08-24-2008, 03:04 PM

View HTCrokR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View HTCrokR's Photo Album Add HTCrokR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

yeah thats different, i always like something different, keeps things interesting. where can dl to test out?
Old 08-24-2008, 03:05 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN

“ Originally Posted by thchtc View Post

yeah thats different, i always like something different, keeps things interesting. where can dl to test out?
post above bro

Old 08-24-2008, 03:06 PM
**formerly chris101**
Mobile Model: Touch PRO

View BiohaZard's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiohaZard's Photo Album Add BiohaZard's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i was using TL, but got tired of it...i'm keeping my phone simple now, just reg HTC home, and UL with pocket weather until i settle on a new one...i've tried just bout all of them, but nothing is really my cup of tea just yet...UL will remain, but we shall see....

Old 08-24-2008, 05:20 PM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=414699
get it here my friend

im still debating if to post todaylife stuff here due of all the updates on the app.....

post above bro
yeah thanks, posted at same time you posted link thats why i didnt see it, sorry
The Following User Says Thank You to HTCrokR For This Useful Post:
Old 08-24-2008, 10:41 PM

i would kind of have to agree with today life with it being so new its got some bug issues. and there may be one out but someone needs to develop a skin generator so that its easier to make skins fer it ^_^ then it would be the ultimate thing. and maybe a mapper for the icons n what not. its got loads of potential but like you said its still got issues.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
screen, today