ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Anyone ever hear of a security program called afaria for ppc

Anyone ever hear of a security program called afaria for ppc?
I know what it is...I just wanted to know if someone knew of it an had a cab file or exe file for it...

Old 08-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Worlds BEST site spj.com
Mobile Model: Vogue WinMo 6.5
Mobile Carrier: Sprint WinMo 6.5
Mobile OS: 6.1

Thanked 1,070 Times in 269 Posts

View thermus's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View thermus's Photo Album Add thermus's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Anyone ever hear of a security program called afaria for ppc

Afaria provides comprehensive management and security capabilities to ensure that mobile data and devices are up-to-date, reliable and secure.

With Afaria, IT has the level of control and visibility required to proactively manage and secure multiple device types, applications, data and communications critical to frontline success, regardless of the bandwidth available. By putting control in the hands of IT, frontline workers are freed from the burden of management tasks, which increases user adoption and productivity. In addition, Afaria uniquely combines mobile device management and mobile security from a single console, providing the best protection against security threats and compliance issues. Afaria is a key component of the Information Anywhere suite, a secure, scalable mobile software platform that addresses the converging IT requirements of enterprises today.

KEY FEATURES

Security
Centrally enforce corporate security policies
Full disk encryption for laptops
Email and PIM encryption on handhelds
Over-the-air encryption
Temporary password recovery
Antivirus and firewall protection for mobile devices
Central management and control
Management and security from a single console
Update application and data as needed
Manage groups or individuals
Over-the-air software distribution
Minimal user interaction necessary
Push email interoperability
OneBridge push email, Microsoft push email (SP2)
Any mobile device
Windows Mobile (Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 5.0, smartphone),Windows Notebooks, RIM BlackBerry, Palm OS, Symbian
Any wireless connection
GPRS/EDGE/3G,W-LAN e.g. 802.11b/g, Infrared, Bluetooth

The Following User Says Thank You to thermus For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2008, 07:59 PM
Mobile Model: TP
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,141 Posts

View TweetyBear's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TweetyBear's Photo Album Add TweetyBear's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by thermus View Post

Afaria provides comprehensive management and security capabilities to ensure that mobile data and devices are up-to-date, reliable and secure.

With Afaria, IT has the level of control and visibility required to proactively manage and secure multiple device types, applications, data and communications critical to frontline success, regardless of the bandwidth available. By putting control in the hands of IT, frontline workers are freed from the burden of management tasks, which increases user adoption and productivity. In addition, Afaria uniquely combines mobile device management and mobile security from a single console, providing the best protection against security threats and compliance issues. Afaria is a key component of the Information Anywhere suite, a secure, scalable mobile software platform that addresses the converging IT requirements of enterprises today.

KEY FEATURES

Security
Centrally enforce corporate security policies
Full disk encryption for laptops
Email and PIM encryption on handhelds
Over-the-air encryption
Temporary password recovery
Antivirus and firewall protection for mobile devices
Central management and control
Management and security from a single console
Update application and data as needed
Manage groups or individuals
Over-the-air software distribution
Minimal user interaction necessary
Push email interoperability
OneBridge push email, Microsoft push email (SP2)
Any mobile device
Windows Mobile (Pocket PC, Windows Mobile 5.0, smartphone),Windows Notebooks, RIM BlackBerry, Palm OS, Symbian
Any wireless connection
GPRS/EDGE/3G,W-LAN e.g. 802.11b/g, Infrared, Bluetooth
you googled it didn't you? lol but anyways, i heard of it but not much

The Following User Says Thank You to TweetyBear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2008, 08:01 PM
The Man with the Plan!

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I know what it is...I just wanted to know if someone knew of it an had a cab file or exe file for it...

Old 08-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Mobile Model: TP
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 2,840 Times in 1,141 Posts

View TweetyBear's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View TweetyBear's Photo Album Add TweetyBear's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i'll try and see if i can find it

The Following User Says Thank You to TweetyBear For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2008, 08:45 PM
The Man with the Plan!

“ Originally Posted by TweetyBear View Post

i'll try and see if i can find it

well I've tried everything to find it...searched almost everywhere...if you can find it, then I love you,lol...but it seems this is only a program that can be sent to you if your company issues it to you or if you purchase it directly from the company that created it. I have an email that connects over an exchange server...and I have had access on my ppc and my computer at work, but recently my email has stopped syncing on my ppc, but I still can access it through my work computer, 4 other people who had ppcs, who work for me came to me asking the same question and I thought I was alone...than I realized to must be a company thing...I talked to a friend in a higher position and he told me that he still had access on his ppc, and then I asked him if he got any security cab or file within the past week or so about his email and then he said he did and of course he was not sure for what it was for, but what I believe is that my company has probably removed the ppc sync option for our email for those who they think do not need it...well I asked this friend to send me that file and he said he would, but he is taking a whole lot of time and when I bgged him again about it, he keeps telling me it is on his home computer and he keeps forgetting to email it to me...and now he is saying that this security may be tied to each individual's name and he may not be able to give it to me...but he will look into it...??? he is just taking to long and I need this access...so I just need this program to see what it is about and if need be I will see if I need a particular unique security certificate or program of some kind or if this is a simple universal program that is called AFARIA...

Old 08-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

mmmmmm i just looked and drawing blank on this also....... i read up some on it and i think it will all rely on someone releasing it to the public..... so if anyone has a job that uses it get in contact with me or a staff member here and ill guide you through how to do everything.
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
afaria, called, hear, ppc, program, security