Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 09-09-2008, 08:30 PM
hardrock51 hardrock51 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: sprint mogul 6800
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View hardrock51's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View hardrock51's Photo Album Add hardrock51's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
hardrocks sunday car

This is a 1974 Chevy Nova for those that don't know. I figured I would post this for all the old school muscle lovers. Dash should get a kick out of this since he is into the painting, and automotives. Disclaimer: this is my fathers car, and we both restored it so it's like both of ours except he paid for it LOL. I also get to make ice cream runs occasionally. I'm working a deal right now for a 69 camaro that we'll restore if the lady will sell it to me!! He used to drag race in high school and had a 74 just like this. We straightened out the liness, laced with bondo, painted, fabbed the fenders for 10 inches under the rear(didn't want to try tubbing on first one), fabbed traction bars, fabbed metal skirts to hide undercarriage, pushed front and rear bumpers in about 2 1/2 inches for more modern look, complete interior(seats weren't done by us), b&m from the column to the floor, performance gears in the rear end, head work, headers, with shorty pipes coming out the side infront of rear tires, a cam for a little tick and hit, and a few other things i'm sure I forgot.

I'm going to post the pics from start to finish in separate post, so hope it works. I even have a video of the motor on a mounted stand being tuned outside of the car in my dads own shop.

Mind you, we did every bit of the work our selves literally, except the front seat!!

BODY WORK!!

PAINT BOOTH!!! lol lol how we do it in North Cackalack!!!

COMPLETE WITH DOOR AND VETILATION FAN IN REAR!!

The Following User Says Thank You to hardrock51 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2008, 08:37 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: hardrocks sunday car

very nice whip bro i digggg!!!!!!! im working on a 78 trans am right now and gonna put a lil touch of D/\SH on that beast ill tell you what!!
Old 09-09-2008, 08:38 PM

View hardrock51's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View hardrock51's Photo Album Add hardrock51's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

this is the car almost 98% complete. Let me know what you think of some amateurs work. Next project should be better from the practice!!!!!!!!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to hardrock51 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2008, 08:44 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

very nice whip bro i digggg!!!!!!! im working on a 78 trans am right now and gonna put a lil touch of D/\SH on that beast ill tell you what!!
Thats what's up. Make sure u post her up. My final pics were posted but haven't come up yet. This is my dads but I have a 69 camaro i'm trying to hustle and she just needs some TLC but not bad condition for a 40 year old car.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:52 PM

could somebody tell me how to post a video in the post? I have it on myspace tv, and its just showing the link. If so, then i'll post the video of the motor being tuned.... sounds mean... even before we finished supping her up. Thanks
Old 09-09-2008, 09:02 PM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by hardrock51 View Post

could somebody tell me how to post a video in the post? I have it on myspace tv, and its just showing the link. If so, then i'll post the video of the motor being tuned.... sounds mean... even before we finished supping her up. Thanks
there isnt a way i know of straight from myspace........ and is it the light or did you get some dreaded overspray under the hood around the firewall and fenders.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:08 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

there isnt a way i know of straight from myspace........ and is it the light or did you get some dreaded overspray under the hood around the firewall and fenders.
I think that is just the wash off from the sanding on some spots my pops wasn't happy with LOL..... I"m putting the vid on youtube as we speak. Can I just embed the link from youtube or do I have to do something special?
Old 09-09-2008, 09:16 PM

I think that is just the wash off from the sanding on some spots my pops wasn't happy with LOL..... I"m putting the vid on youtube as we speak. Can I just embed the link from youtube or do I have to do something special?
all you need to do is when you are making the reply look above the reply box and you will see an youtube icon to the right of all the others. click that and than take everything AFTER the = sign in hte youtube link and place that inbetween the brackets and you will be golden.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-09-2008, 09:53 PM

If this works, should be a chevy 350 w/ cam and headers being tuned by my pops for the 74 Nova. Sounds like a beast when he hits it a couple times. Not bad for a lil backyard project!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrCKT3Leoz0
Old 09-09-2008, 09:59 PM

If this works, should be a chevy 350 w/ cam and headers being tuned by my pops for the 74 Nova. Sounds like a beast when he hits it a couple times. Not bad for a lil backyard project!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrCKT3Leoz0
she has a nice lil purr to here there..... very nice work bro.
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
car, hardrocks, sunday