ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
ICEM/\N needs real big helpplease if anyone knows anything about

I just got a call from my mother telling me that my cousin, who is my closet cousin so much that I call him my big brother, just found out that his home was sold at his township's sheriff auction...it seems that he had some back taxes due to the township...unfortunately he runs a restaurant business and with all that goes on there he leaves the finances of the house to be taken care of by his wife, who apparently is not any good at that and just totally forgot to make the payments...well know what is he to do...it was just sold...is there any way to revert the sale, can he pay his taxes and some penalties to keep his house...he has three children know and a pace-maker and I am really worried about him....our family has constantly told him not to leave everything about the house up to his wife because she can be very forgetful and I guess he just brushes it off because that is his wife...this is serious stuff, so if anybody knows anything about real estate law/ taxation law or the procedures involved in SHERIFF sales than hit me up on this thread...if anybody happens to be a lawyer or knows one that would not mind answering a few questions than hit this thread up as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2008, 03:43 PM
ADMIN-Watch what you say!
Mobile Model: Touch PRO2, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: On the NOW Network

Thanked 6,030 Times in 1,977 Posts

View BiG JeW's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View BiG JeW's Photo Album Add BiG JeW's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: ICEM/\N needs real big helpplease if anyone knows anything about

I fweel bad about the situation and wish I had somewhere to direct you to. It is unfortunate to be in a situation like this one. I am actually calling a friend of mine who is in the realestate business to see what can be done. I know that he is going to ask me what state. The issue comes to hand that each state has there own law when it comes to realestate. If I recieve ANY info that can help you out, I will pass it on and post the information here in the thread. In any case, goodluck to you brada!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BiG JeW For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2008, 04:00 PM
Mobile Model: htc touch 6900
Mobile Carrier: sprint
Mobile OS: 6.1

View dontaylorj's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dontaylorj's Photo Album Add dontaylorj's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I knew here in tx, even after the property is sold, you still have up too 90 day too come up with the money, where is this at, some places have up to a year, most are in the west. a real estate lawyer can tell him what he can or cant do in the state he is in
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dontaylorj For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2008, 04:31 PM
Mobile Model: HTC Touch Pro
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

View Onedark1's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Onedark1's Photo Album Add Onedark1's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Like Dontaylorj said in the post above, there is usually a period where the party can pay the amount and obtain the property back. My co-worker says that some states count in the days not paid as well, which sounds like what could have happened in your cousin's case. Like everyone has said, it really depends on the state. I will try to ask the JAG here on the AF base where I work, to see if he can help out. Nobody likes to see anyone lose their home (at least nobody I know), so if we all work on it, somebody should know someone who can assist...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Onedark1 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Mobile Model: HTC MOGUL
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS

View mogul75's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View mogul75's Photo Album Add mogul75's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

The best way to handle this situation is the attempt to pay the person who payed the back taxes. I would tell your cousin to go to the county and speak to someone in that office.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mogul75 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2008, 07:02 PM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by mogul75 View Post

The best way to handle this situation is the attempt to pay the person who payed the back taxes. I would tell your cousin to go to the county and speak to someone in that office.
i would have to agree here. There is usually a period at which the homeowner can take the house out of the auction if he/she can pay the back taxes; however if the house is sold it usually means the amount of time is up. Like a few others have said it depends on the state as well. I think that he should go to those people who purchased the property and try to work a deal with them. If they have any kind of heart they will sell it back.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2008, 08:14 PM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

i hate to hear bout stuff like this happening to anyone. i made a call and my buddy is representing in court right now but he will look into it.... all i need is the state...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Mobile Model: TOUCH PRO
Mobile Carrier: alltel

View HTCrokR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View HTCrokR's Photo Album Add HTCrokR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by VenumX View Post

i would have to agree here. There is usually a period at which the homeowner can take the house out of the auction if he/she can pay the back taxes; however if the house is sold it usually means the amount of time is up. Like a few others have said it depends on the state as well. I think that he should go to those people who purchased the property and try to work a deal with them. If they have any kind of heart they will sell it back.
from the sound of it ,sounds like your cousin has forgoten to pay his taxes for the past several years. your cousin should have received a letter and even a phone call from several people from the tax office especally from the tax assesser explaining what was going on, and what was going to happen if he/she did not pay the back taxes. I work in the tax office, im a property tax appraiser, we see this all the time with farmers etc. if there has been a public auction to sell the property,then the time period for him to pay has expired meanin he neglected and or ignored or maybe his wife didnt tell him about the situation. usually public auctions dont happen over night dealing with property, meaning that there was weeks and or months and several letters, he should have know about this, and have time to appeal to the county board for more time. however every state is defferent when it comes to property taxes, but im sure that in every state when its sold at auction it is sold, and the only way to get it back is to buy it back from the new owners which can lead to your cousin overpaying to get it back unless the new owners are very very nice people. this is a very bad situation to be in and i wish your cousin the best of luck, but im affraid that it is to late to straighten it out with the county/township for im sure they have tried to warn him/her several times with letters and calls and possibly visits to the property itself.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HTCrokR For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2008, 12:29 AM
ICEM/\N ICEM/\N is offline   Thread Starter  
The Man with the Plan!
Mobile Model: Mogul/Touch/IPHONE3G
Mobile Carrier: Sprint,AT&T,T-Mobile

Thanked 4,700 Times in 1,421 Posts

View ICEM/\N's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View ICEM/\N's Photo Album Add ICEM/\N's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I do want to thank everyone very much for their help....well I went to work today and came back home and had quite some voicemails to go through from other family members...it seems my father who is an accountant/real estate broker said that even after the sale at auction the state of PENNSYLVANIA allows the original owner of property the file something within 20 days...which I myself can't remember what it was called...and then something about having a year once this complaint is filed to complete payments to township...I don't know if I am totally correct with what I am saying...but I got the basics of it down...and when my father says there is a solution....than trust me, there is a solution...My cousin is taking the necessary steps needed to achieve a good outcome...I am just really disappointed in his wife right now...because I have had a close relationship with here especially since she was my cousins high school sweetheart and she has known me since I was a child...whenever our family outside of her direct relatives talks about her in a negative way...I am always defending her and her actions...and they are usually wrong in their accusations...but know she has made a big mistake which is not cleaned up yet....but if everything gets resolved...he will learn his lesson with his household finances being left solely in her responsibility...she is raising 3 kids...he works in the morning and comes home in time for bed...and back in the morning for work...running a restaurant business is hard work, alot of overhead, paperwork,etc...but one mortgage or tax payment a month should be something that he can involve himself in more now....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ICEM/\N For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2008, 01:00 AM
Mobile Model: htc touch 6900
Mobile Carrier: sprint

View dontaylorj's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dontaylorj's Photo Album Add dontaylorj's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well in glad too hear that there can be something done too try and fix it, and I hope all goes well and can get Worked out for you cousin
The Following User Says Thank You to dontaylorj For This Useful Post:
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
big, helpplease, icem or n, real