Random Community Topics

Post New ThreadReply

Old 10-05-2008, 11:12 PM
Juiceman Juiceman is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: Sprint HTC Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View Juiceman's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Juiceman's Photo Album Add Juiceman's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Pimp My Mogul

Ok guys,
I read the noob section. Very noobie oriented, but got the gist of most everything down. I've installed some stuff already.

Now i'm just having a hard time knowing exactly which programs everyone is really into, which work well, which are reliable, etc....

***I need help choosing which programs to install!***

What I want to do is outfit this damn mogul to run as smooth as I can get it, with as much dynamic ability as I can with it. That means as much performance or leanness as I can get, internet browsing, video playback, big clock on the today screen, picture messaging, GPS, etc. And anything else you guys can suggest!

Please help me pimp my mogul. Anything you guys are running, let me know!

I currently have S2U2 on it and I really like it. I have read about a few other things and am interested in the custom ROMs, but I would primarily like to stick with the current HTC WM 6.1 rom that came out recently that I loaded.

Lets rock!
Old 10-05-2008, 11:21 PM

View Juiceman's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Juiceman's Photo Album Add Juiceman's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: Pimp My Mogul

wow.. can't edit the original post now....

One thing I definitely want is an FTP program. When I try to search for programs, the search function does not show the forums for the 'mobile programs'.... Its hard for me to find programs if I just gotta go page by page by page looking... dying....
Old 10-05-2008, 11:22 PM

wow.. can't edit the original post now....

One thing I definitely want is an FTP program. When I try to search for programs, the search function does not show the forums for the 'mobile programs'.... Its hard for me to find programs if I just gotta go page by page by page looking... dying....
Old 10-06-2008, 12:24 AM
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

you dont have to go page by page use it like google and use keywords not ftp or something like that....... and bro take a look at the help desk from the side menu than go to the 6800 section...... stickied there is a staffs picks of popular apps and also i would recommend the kaos **** sprint take 5 hybrid rom you can find that in the rom sections from the side menu.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2008, 01:21 AM
Mobile Model: Touch Prizo!!!
Mobile Carrier: sprint

Thanked 7,924 Times in 2,668 Posts

View Superman369's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Superman369's Photo Album Add Superman369's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Yea man, D/\SH speaks the truth, that Kaos rom he reffered you to is awesome. He gives you pretty much all the best stuff and cuts out all the crap. And you don't have to worry about any of the crappy sprint extra programs and restrictions. If you need help flashing your phone, just let me know. I know it was a pain for me to find out how to do it the first time. Peace bro.
The Following User Says Thank You to Superman369 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-06-2008, 01:33 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by ofcsu1 View Post

Yea man, D/\SH speaks the truth, that Kaos rom he reffered you to is awesome. He gives you pretty much all the best stuff and cuts out all the crap. And you don't have to worry about any of the crappy sprint extra programs and restrictions. If you need help flashing your phone, just let me know. I know it was a pain for me to find out how to do it the first time. Peace bro.
hahahahahaha word or the siggy has the step by step tutorial that is noob proof :>
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2008, 09:26 PM

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

you dont have to go page by page use it like google and use keywords not ftp or something like that....... and bro take a look at the help desk from the side menu than go to the 6800 section...... stickied there is a staffs picks of popular apps and also i would recommend the kaos **** sprint take 5 hybrid rom you can find that in the rom sections from the side menu.

Hmmm... I still cannot use the Search function to find anything in the programs forums. I don't know what you mean by 'use it like google', but I am putting in keywords and such and *nothing* from the mobile programs forums will show up. When I'm in the search area (before you hit search), in the area where you select the forums to search from, none of the mobile programs forums are even listed there....

As for an FTP program, thats a program on the mogul that I would like to find. that way i can manage music on my FTP server for my website from my mogul.

I checked out the staff picks a while ago, but the majority of those programs on the list are ambiguously named and once you click on them, it takes you to the thread where there are maybe a picture or two and the link to the program..... and thats usually it... I get relatively no idea what it actually is by doing that. Thats kinda why i made this thread so people could tell me about a few key programs and briefly tell me 'why' (which would likely contain some form of explanation as to what the program is).

I am interested in the Kaos Take 5. I have a feeling, from reading the thread a bit, as a new person to custom flashes there is more to it than flashing it like I recently did with the newest HTC/Sprint rom. This information is not listed on the initial program page and there are 30 pages of replies for me to scan through....

Edit: Found out how to turn on signatures in the User CP. (I mentioned that I could not see your sigs)

I am well used to using forums and search functions. I use phpbb forums daily for three other interests of my life. If I cannot use the search function for the programs forums, I am left relatively helpless in this regard and am on here asking questions instead of finding them myself. Who wants to actually scan through the 30 pages of replies to the Kaos rom thread to find out the full necessary method for flashing it?

Please help,
Juice
Old 10-11-2008, 09:29 PM
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro 1 & 2
Mobile Carrier: Kaos
Mobile OS: 7.0

Thanked 3,590 Times in 1,164 Posts
Uploads: 1

View kaos's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View kaos's Photo Album Add kaos's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Juiceman View Post

Hmmm... I still cannot use the Search function to find anything in the programs forums. I don't know what you mean by 'use it like google', but I am putting in keywords and such and *nothing* from the mobile programs forums will show up. When I'm in the search area (before you hit search), in the area where you select the forums to search from, none of the mobile programs forums are even listed there....

As for an FTP program, thats a program on the mogul that I would like to find. that way i can manage music on my FTP server for my website from my mogul.

I checked out the staff picks a while ago, but the majority of those programs on the list are ambiguously named and once you click on them, it takes you to the thread where there are maybe a picture or two and the link to the program..... and thats usually it... I get relatively no idea what it actually is by doing that. Thats kinda why i made this thread so people could tell me about a few key programs and briefly tell me 'why' (which would likely contain some form of explanation as to what the program is).

I am interested in the Kaos Take 5. I have a feeling, from reading the thread a bit, as a new person to custom flashes there is more to it than flashing it like I recently did with the newest HTC/Sprint rom. This information is not listed on the initial program page and there are 30 pages of replies for me to scan through....

Also, when you guys are referring to 'siggy' I do not see any signature boxes for anyone on here.

I am well used to using forums and search functions. I use phpbb forums daily for three other interests of my life. If I cannot use the search function for the programs forums, I am left relatively helpless in this regard and am on here asking questions instead of finding them myself. Who wants to actually scan through the 30 pages of replies to the Kaos rom thread to find out the full necessary method for flashing it?

Please help,
Juice
join members group.. as for the 30 pages to my rom...read the first post...all info you need is there...page 1.. not to hard now is it......
The Following User Says Thank You to kaos For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2008, 09:42 PM

“ Originally Posted by kaos View Post

join members group.. as for the 30 pages to my rom...read the first post...all info you need is there...page 1.. not to hard now is it......
Thanks for the reply. I am in the members group. If you go in the search function, select 'search entire posts', and all forums, and enter 'take 5' without parentheses... you will not get any results. If I type in 'ftp', i get no results. If I type in "kaos' I get one result, but not your rom.

Now, concerning that first post, I have two questions:
What does this mean? "PLEASE NOTE: PAGE PULL IS 6 !!!! PULL BATTERY AFTER FLASH WAIT 1 MINUTE THEN HARD REST FOR NEW PAGE POOL TO TAKE EFFECT!!!!"
What does 'page pull is 6' mean?

Then my second question.. The file is a .nbh file... Is that a compressed file or something? I have no idea what that is.

There really aren't any instructions as to how to flash the rom, so am I to assume that it is the same as flashing the HTC rom I recently flashed? Back up via activesync, leave connected, run the .exe, wait 10-15 mins, then let it reset? (I'm guessing after the flash completes I should pull the battery after the flash and wait 1 minute)... The htc rom was an executable file, so I'm still very curious what this .nbh is...

Thanks for helping,
Juice
Old 10-11-2008, 09:47 PM
Mobile Model: T.O.U.C.H P.R.O
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT SPEED
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Fatal_Error's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Fatal_Error's Photo Album Add Fatal_Error's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

It Means After you are done flashing take the battery out and wait 1 min put it back in

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fatal_Error For This Useful Post:
Old 10-11-2008, 10:02 PM

OK, now that I have signature boxes turned on, I found the 'how to flash' thread that seems to spell it all out about the .nbh files, unlocking, etc. GTG on that I think.

Last major question: Has anyone had any problems by using the overclocking program/cab? I want to use it, and though i have not read about people having problems, I still am concerned.

Thanks for the help guys!

--------- New Post Merged on 12/10/2008 at 0145 --------

you guys rock. the kaos rom is right on! now I just gotta find me an FTP client.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:29 AM

“ Originally Posted by Juiceman View Post

OK, now that I have signature boxes turned on, I found the 'how to flash' thread that seems to spell it all out about the .nbh files, unlocking, etc. GTG on that I think.

Last major question: Has anyone had any problems by using the overclocking program/cab? I want to use it, and though i have not read about people having problems, I still am concerned.

Thanks for the help guys!

--------- New Post Merged on 12/10/2008 at 0145 --------

you guys rock. the kaos rom is right on! now I just gotta find me an FTP client.
hahahahaha theres some good ones here bro :> and glad that you like the kaos rom
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
mogul, pimp