Old 10-08-2008, 10:09 PM
iamdasht19 iamdasht19 is offline   Thread Starter  
Mobile Model: TP, TP2, soon Hero
Mobile Carrier: SPJ
Mobile OS: 6.5

Thanked 42,425 Times in 15,688 Posts
Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
SmartphoneJunkie Development

Here at SPJ we are always striving to give the user the best experience with the support we offer, the programs, games, etc.. We the staff as a group have decided that we are going to all learn coding language (c++) (thanks venumx) so we too can develop, release, and offer the support on making our own programs for out devices. VenumX was kind enough to share a tutorial and give us some help on getting started. ( i will share with you later) So basically what we are looking for is some input on how you feel it should be laid out on the board (like new on side menu, under programs, etc) We are striving to have this implemented as soon as possible. (just making sure we have the personnel so-called trained so we have releases as well as support on the topic.

WE WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED OF WHEN THIS WILL BE IMPLEMENTED IN THIS THREAD AND THIS THREAD ONLY!!

I was thinking a layout like this below:

1. Add a help desk area for coding support
2. Add a section under releases for the ppc for the applications. (add the developer name in the thread title along with the the phone/s it will work for) ( make sure to add if it needs the accelerometer or anything.) (same release style with description and pics)
3. A SPJ developer link on the main page of the portal as well as a link under the mobile resource drop down below the banner.

Heres some great information that our Admin VenumX has dished out to the staff while we were discussing the topic of the new section.

Okay im glad to see a lot of interest in this section. There are a few things i can do for you guys to get you started.

First off a few C++ tutorials:

http://www.cprogramming.com/tutorial.html#c++tutorial

that is the best introduction to C++. You aren't going to need to know that much C++ because dealing with WM6 there is a lot of managed code (usually written in C#); however if you ever want to get deeper into the engine of things you'll want to know C++.

Here is a good C# tutorial

http://www.devhood.com/training_modu...#_Toc523316477

Goes over a lot of the basics which you are going to need to know how things work. Basically you want to get a feel for the program you are using. Which brings me to my next point...

You are going to want to choose a software to edit the cpp and cs files. Your best bet is to get Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.

Once you have everything and you are well versed in the C# and C++ languages your next step will be to download the WM6 SDK which contains all the files you will need for mobile development.

Windows Mobile 6 SDK:

If you wanna play with the sensors on the Diamond there is a great piece of managed code put out by kdutta that I have been working with a lot lately. It's written in C# and you can download it here:

http://blog.enterprisemobile.com/wp-...csensorsdk.zip

Good luck guys, like i said this will be enough to get you started at least. I will be providing support around here and I am still learning quite a bit myself so we can help each other I'm sure.

Thanks guys,
VenumX

And heres a tutorial on making your first program (wrote by VenumX)

Alright guys here is a VERY simple tutorial that I have come up with. It will show you how to:

- Create a new WM6 project
- Add different components
- Allow different components to interact with each other
- Use button eventhandlers
- Manipulate textfields
- Deploy your solution to a device emulator

I've dumbed it down to the point where you could know NOTHING about C# development and still be able to follow and understand this tutorial. So to all of you C# developers you may find this a bit redundant and may want to wait for my next tutorial.

*Warning* This tutorial assumes you have followed my previous tutorial on the requirements for WM6 development. *Warning*

Without further ado here is VenumX's Beginners Guide to WM6 Development:

Start by opening Visual Studio 2008 (Obviously)

Next we want to make a New Project so go to File > New > Project...

A window similar to this will pop up:

Make sure you have all the same options as the image has selected and replace NameOfProject with whatever you want the name of your program to be then press OK.

A new window will pop up similar to this one:

Again, make sure you have all the same things that I have highlighted. If you don't see the "Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK" or ".NET Compact Framework Version 3.5" you need to follow my other tutorial on requirements for WM6 development. You can use ".NET Compact Framework Version 2.0" for this project instead of 3.5. After everything is all set press OK.

You'll see the Form1.cs (Design) view. On the left you have your "Solution Explorer" which is how you will navigate through your project files as pictured below - I have highlighted all of the key areas that you will be working with most:

AssemblyInfo.cs is going to be your version info and copyrighting section. This holds the least importance to this project. But you can see the section pictured below:

Form1.cs (Code) view is accessible by right clicking Form1.cs in the Solution Explorer and clicking the "View Code" option. Here is an example of what it should look like when you open it:

Form1.Designer.cs is where you can set all of your initial variables for your components that you add later. This is a very important file in this project. When you first open this file it will look like this:

Push the plus button that i highlighted in the image above and it will open all of the design code and variables that you will be able to change to whatever you want. It should now look something like this:

And you can see all of the code generated for the form1. You can change the name that shows up when you run the application here by editing the "this.Text = "Form1";" line of to "this.Text = "NAME OF PROGRAM";" and when you go back to design view you can see your change has been made:

Now that we have a general knowledge of the different files we can begin adding GUI elements to our project. To do this we will need the "Toolbox" to be open. You can do this one of two ways, through the menu you go View > Toolbox or you can use the keyboard shortcut ctrl+alt+x and it will bring the toolbox up on the right side of your screen as shown below:

We have the toolbox open now so lets start to add things to the project. We want to add a label so we know what we are supposed to input in the text field, then we should add 2 text fields one to input the other to output and finally a button to take the text from one text field and move it to the other. So here is what our project should look like:

Visual Studio 2008 has now generated a lot of code in the background of adding the elements so lets take a look at what it has generated in the Form1.Designer.cs file:

I have highlighted the key elements in the previous image, edit the text to say whatever you want. The name of the textbox's and the button are critical for the next step, so leave them the same for now.

We are now going to make it so when you push the button it takes whatever is in the textbox1 and puts it into textbox2 and erases the text that was in textbox1. So go back to the Form1.cs (Design) view and double click the button that you have created. It will take you to a page that looks similar to this without the code in between the { and }:

now you want to insert the code that I have inserted between the { and } this is what will copy the code from textbox1 to textbox2 and erase the contents of textbox1. You can do this because both textbox1.Text and textbox2.Text are of type String. A String is basically any set of characters that is held withing a set of ". You could edit the code to say textbox2.Text = "hello" and it will make the text in textbox2 say hello when you push the button. Play around with this. The button push is called an EventHandler there are multiple types of event handlers for windows mobile devices MouseEventHandlers will allow you to read when the user pushes down on the screen. Here is where the eventhandler is implemented behind the scenes in the Form1.Designer.cs:

Now that we have done everything we need to do we are ready to deploy our project! To do this make sure Windows Mobile 6 Professional Emulator is selected as shown here:

Next just go to Build > Start Without Debugging and you will get a new box that looks like this:

Select what I have selected and press Deploy. This could take a while for it to go through all the way but it will have to initialize Compact Framework 3.5 on the device and then it will install your app on the device. So just wait until it opens up on the device emulator. Once it comes up it should look something like this:

And there you have it, your first WM6 program. Welcome to the Smartphone Junkie development community!

Your fellow programmer,
VenumX

PLEASE DO NOT HIT THE REP FOR ME INSTEAD SCROLL DOWN AND HIT THE REP FOR VENUMX WHEN HE REPLIES SINCE HE DID ALL THE WORK OF THE TUTORIAL AND I JUST WROTE THIS THINGY UP LMAO
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 10:12 PM
SPJ Trend Setter ADMIN
Mobile Model: Touch Pro 2
Mobile Carrier: Sprint

Thanked 6,468 Times in 1,715 Posts

View Mike20PR's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Mike20PR's Photo Album Add Mike20PR's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages
Re: SmartphoneJunkie Development

this is great s#!t bro, thanx for laying it out perfectlly for everyone to get started on this

as for the developing section, i would say that it would be a good idea to add a "SPJ Development Area" in the side menu for easy access

The Following User Says Thank You to Mike20PR For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Mobile Model: T.O.U.C.H P.R.O
Mobile Carrier: SPRINT SPEED
Mobile OS: 6.1

View Fatal_Error's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Fatal_Error's Photo Album Add Fatal_Error's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Hey Dash what all do you guys need. As know I'm a computer Programmer. If we need C+ Programs uploaded I will send them to you. I have 40 to 50 different c programs. I can also send all my vb stuff you just tell me what you want and I will burn and send as fast as I can

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fatal_Error For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 10:17 PM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

now that we have a graphics team i guess well have to do something for the staff that choos to go foward with coding... watch out xda SPJs COMMING FULL FORCE!!!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NINE'SICKS For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 10:32 PM
OG Member
Mobile Model: Pixel 7 Pro
Mobile Carrier: Metro PCS
Mobile OS: Android

Thanked 10,859 Times in 2,859 Posts
Downloads: 26
Uploads: 152

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

that sounds like cool bean..hahahaha.

ok now that this is going to be in full force all i need by way of pm or post a list of thread that needs to be created. Just for the development section Only and for the support i have a mod that is some what like a support all it's needed is to report a bug and then the developer will track the bug and respond back with a result...its neat...oh when i mean the developer , its the staff that is posting the program.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Find Em Hot Leave Em Wet
Mobile Model: TP2, omnia, Mogul
Mobile Carrier: Can You Hear Me Now

Thanked 2,677 Times in 807 Posts

View MikeyD's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View MikeyD's Photo Album Add MikeyD's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by puertoblack2003 View Post

ok now that this is going to be in full force all i need by way of pm or post a list of thread that needs to be created. Just for the development section Only and for the support i have a mod that is some what like a support all it's needed is to report a bug and then the developer will track the bug and respond back with a result...its neat...oh when i mean the developer , its the staff that is posting the program.
wow "cool beans" havent heard that since the 80's............cool im eager to try this myself. I have no experience but i will learn.

Old 10-08-2008, 11:03 PM
OG Member

View puertoblack2003's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View puertoblack2003's Photo Album Add puertoblack2003's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by MikeyD View Post

wow "cool beans" havent heard that since the 80's............cool im eager to try this myself. I have no experience but i will learn.
lol..i got that from dashy

Old 10-09-2008, 12:16 AM

View iamdasht19's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View iamdasht19's Photo Album Add iamdasht19's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

“ Originally Posted by Mike20PR View Post

this is great s#!t bro, thanx for laying it out perfectlly for everyone to get started on this

as for the developing section, i would say that it would be a good idea to add a "SPJ Development Area" in the side menu for easy access
truthfully i was thinking the same thing bro hahahaha :>

“ Originally Posted by toked420420 View Post

Hey Dash what all do you guys need. As know I'm a computer Programmer. If we need C+ Programs uploaded I will send them to you. I have 40 to 50 different c programs. I can also send all my vb stuff you just tell me what you want and I will burn and send as fast as I can
you know it better than me.....anything that would be useful :> (ppc programming) i would be more than willing to pay shipping and some for your time:>

“ Originally Posted by NINE'SICKS View Post

now that we have a graphics team i guess well have to do something for the staff that choos to go foward with coding... watch out xda SPJs COMMING FULL FORCE!!!
i was thinking the same thing :> earlier i was like damn my programs are going to be sick but my graphics are going to suck than it hit me :>

is that the one that we had before the help desk? :>

lol..i got that from dashy
hahahahahahahahh thats cool beans bro, you say that and you will be golden :> that is one solid chunk of lingo right there :>
The Following User Says Thank You to iamdasht19 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2008, 12:44 AM
OG Member

“ Originally Posted by D/\SH View Post

truthfully i was thinking the same thing bro hahahaha :>

you know it better than me.....anything that would be useful :> (ppc programming) i would be more than willing to pay shipping and some for your time:>

i was thinking the same thing :> earlier i was like damn my programs are going to be sick but my graphics are going to suck than it hit me :>

is that the one that we had before the help desk? :>

hahahahahahahahh thats cool beans bro, you say that and you will be golden :> that is one solid chunk of lingo right there :>

ha the name of the mod is Project tool and basically its like a support what happens is lets say i post a rom and i in the project area the member will post any issue with the roms so i have to trouble shoot it look here for an example http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/project.php?projectid=6

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to puertoblack2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2008, 12:54 AM
The VenumX Factor
Mobile Model: HTC Touch PRO

Thanked 3,998 Times in 1,192 Posts

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Good to see this go public hope you all enjoy the tutorial I tried to make it easy to follow tell me if i should make any improvements to it. Cant wait to see how it all turns out with everyone. Never know when you have a prodigy on your hands :P

I know a lot about mobile development - ive been computer programming ( in general ) for 5 years ( about 4 months mobile development ), but am still learning. I will be putting out a few tutorials for you guys to teach you key points that you will need for different types of projects, most of them being in the C# language.

We can probably get an area for a tutorial request as well; that way people can request tutorials specific to what they need to do. And then we can have a tutorials section, release section, help and questions section, and a beta testing section as well maybe.

Good luck guys,
VenumX

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2008, 01:12 AM
•crzy_dmnà ¢â‚¬Â¢
Mobile Model: иoиε
Mobile Carrier: spriиt or at&t

Thanked 2,115 Times in 720 Posts

View NINE'SICKS's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View NINE'SICKS's Photo Album Add NINE'SICKS's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

can i just say i know i speak for everyone when i say I LOVE THE DIRRECTION THIS SITE IS GOING AND HOPE TO BE INVOLVED IN THE PROGRESS/GROWTH OF IT FOR PHONES(years) TO COME....
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to NINE'SICKS For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2008, 01:21 AM

“ Originally Posted by NINE'SICKS View Post

can i just say i know i speak for everyone when i say I LOVE THE DIRRECTION THIS SITE IS GOING AND HOPE TO BE INVOLVED IN THE PROGRESS/GROWTH OF IT FOR PHONES(years) TO COME....
fo shizzle i cant wait till we hit the number one spot
Old 10-09-2008, 06:14 AM
Mobile Model: LG Voyager&Mogul

View dianeofarcadia's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View dianeofarcadia's Photo Album Add dianeofarcadia's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Just wanted to say I also am excited to see this added to the SPJ Community and shout out a huge THANKS to VenumX for taking the time to put this together.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dianeofarcadia For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2008, 12:10 AM

View Fatal_Error's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Fatal_Error's Photo Album Add Fatal_Error's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

So has anything else been said about this ?

Old 10-14-2008, 12:28 AM

So has anything else been said about this ?
word i am learning some new things and remembering some old things...... im hoping to start working on my first app and it should bbe pretty cool :>
Old 10-14-2008, 12:33 AM

I'm stuck on what to do. Plus I'm trying to get a staff job here since I'm on all the time. I can make my own roms in my sleep. I just wanna come out with something hot that everyone wants. I hate things that people make 5 of and just change the names. I also wanna find out what people want and need.

Old 10-14-2008, 12:34 AM

I'm stuck on what to do. Plus I'm trying to get a staff job here since I'm on all the time. I can make my own roms in my sleep. I just wanna come out with something hot that everyone wants. I hate things that people make 5 of and just change the names. I also wanna find out what people want and need.
for sure bro and trust me in the staff area for when we are hirifng your name is on the list :>
Old 10-14-2008, 12:40 AM

I do mod on www.rcuniverse.com been there since day 1.We have over 400,000 members there and we only have 10 mods . But if I get the job here I will retire my post there

Old 10-14-2008, 12:42 AM

I do mod on www.rcuniverse.com been there since day 1.We have over 400,000 members there and we only have 10 mods . But if I get the job here I will retire my post there
no way you really mod over at universe? damn never new that hahahahaha thats pretty bad ass bro :>
Old 10-14-2008, 12:44 AM

Yeah been there along time. I just wanna come here because its alot calmer than there. Rc dudes can be DI*KS and its getting real hard to keep up with everything.

Old 10-14-2008, 01:10 AM
Smart Phone Junkie-ville
Mobile Model: Touch Pro

View baines3's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View baines3's Photo Album Add baines3's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

crazy thing...my father was just telling me i might be interested in writing code. so, thanks for the thread! i'm sure it's going to be more then helpful. hopefully i'll get into it and can finally play a good part in this wonderful site.
The Following User Says Thank You to baines3 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2008, 01:24 AM

Yeah been there along time. I just wanna come here because its alot calmer than there. Rc dudes can be DI*KS and its getting real hard to keep up with everything.
yeah most of the vets are pretty nice but the ones that have been bashing for a couple years think they know everything and are the shit hahhahaha yea right , thats like me learning everything in the 1.5 years ive been doing ppc modding....... i learn new shit everyday :>

--------- New Post Merged on 14/10/2008 at 0259 --------

here guys :>
https://www.smartphonejunkie.org/sho...d.php?t=174660
Old 10-14-2008, 08:23 AM

Yeah the ones I truly hate is 12-18 trying to tell me how to do it. I've been playing with rc cars,trucks, planes and helio's since I was 6.

Old 10-14-2008, 10:35 AM

Yeah the ones I truly hate is 12-18 trying to tell me how to do it. I've been playing with rc cars,trucks, planes and helio's since I was 6.
hahahhahaa a 12 year old? are you joking!! thats great
Old 10-14-2008, 10:41 AM

I bet I have banned 3 to 4 hundred of 12-14

Old 10-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Tech-O-Shock
Mobile Model: Htc Touch Pro

View Tigerz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Tigerz's Photo Album Add Tigerz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

I was talking to dash bout this yesterday and while i was gone i picked up on vb.net and c# and am fluent in both now. Need any help let me know.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tigerz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2008, 11:24 AM

That rocks I program in c++ and vb everyday of my work life

The Following User Says Thank You to Fatal_Error For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2008, 02:02 PM
The VenumX Factor

View VenumX's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View VenumX's Photo Album Add VenumX's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

That rocks I program in c++ and vb everyday of my work life
well, welcome to the world of managed code. :P c++ will be ousted soon, which is sad because it is my favorite language. The .NET languages are the future of programming for Windows whether you like it or not. :P Posting up a new tutorial tomorrow guys going to show you how to implement DLL files and file read/write procedures. It's going to assume you've taken the first tutorial and understand how everything works, so get on that tut!

The Following User Says Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2008, 02:23 PM

if you need help let me know .net is pretty simple

Old 10-14-2008, 02:42 PM
The VenumX Factor

if you need help let me know .net is pretty simple
C# is one of the easiest languages to learn + with visual studio 2008 you get intellisense!! :P

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2008, 03:20 PM

I have to agree with you. I program the weapons systems on the M1A2 Tanks and the Stryker's

The Following User Says Thank You to Fatal_Error For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2008, 03:28 PM

I have to agree with you. I program the weapons systems on the M1A2 Tanks and the Stryker's
hey toked would you be willing to give me some help if needed on learning c++ and c#?
Old 10-14-2008, 03:30 PM

you know I Will. If you need anything I can send it or talk you threw it

Old 10-14-2008, 03:33 PM

you know I Will. If you need anything I can send it or talk you threw it
nice becuase i took a huge break from developing and am a noob again :<
Old 10-14-2008, 03:35 PM

I do it everyday and I will teach anyone with the will to learn

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fatal_Error For This Useful Post:
Old 10-14-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech-O-Shock

View Tigerz's Profile   Edit Options Edit Profile Picture View Tigerz's Photo Album Add Tigerz's to Your Contacts Show Groups Edit Avatar Subscribed Threads Private Messages

Well Once you know one Microsoft language you know all: Vb.Net == C# == J# == Java == C++ == PHP (And yes I consider php and java Microsoft languages since there both written in c++) Im picking up on. c++ and php is like lol easy

Old 10-14-2008, 11:45 PM
The VenumX Factor

“ Originally Posted by Tigerz View Post

Well Once you know one Microsoft language you know all: Vb.Net == C# == J# == Java == C++ == PHP (And yes I consider php and java Microsoft languages since there both written in c++) Im picking up on. c++ and php is like lol easy
since when is java written in c++?!?!?! J# was microsofts ( sad ) attempt at java and then they got sued by sun for trying to copy their language. Java is a very fun programming language and has a lot of possibilities, but still using C++ and C# together is by far my favorite combo. But basically the user interface is half the learning in any microsoft language.

The Following User Says Thank You to VenumX For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech-O-Shock

Indeed, But yeh J# is hella fun to **** around with. and oh i meant the syntax for java is almost the same as c++. Yeah VS (/love intellisense) makes programming really easy.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:23 PM

hahaha i just noticed that you posted this at 4:20
Post New ThreadReply

Tags
development, smartphonejunkie